Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Phoenix Park in Dublin and Oak Park are the hotspots today, 25 degrees currently being reported at both locations.

24 degrees at Dublin Airport which is usually the cooler Dublin location

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Lots of cloud here just north of Dublin in Dunshaughlin. It is like a cloudy day in southern Spain, temperature of 23C, it may have reached 24C earlier when the sun was out briefly. Hopefully much more in the way of widespread sunshine from tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's cloudy here aswell Gonzo for last hour in NCD but its still really warm and muggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Max of 24.3C on my weather station in Cobh. Probably in reality a touch higher than it was, due to direct sunlight.

Hottest day of the year by 2C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Another fantastic day here in Dublin. This is certainly a Summer to remember weather wise

Not a cloud in the sky again in D5, beautiful morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And yet another muggy, cloudy start to the day in North Donegal, exactly same as yesterday.

I expect the clouds will vanish soon, just like yesterday.

Phoenix park officially recorded warmest temperature yesterday, 25.0 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very thick fog last night in Castlebar, it was nearly like smoke going past the window. It should hopefully be the nicest day so far in July here today, lovely blue skies already and 18C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

On the west Donegal coast all week and barely seen sight of the sun, lots of mist and murky low cloud. Very thick fog overnight here as well.

Impressive just how consistently we've drawn the short straw this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Glorious day in East Clare now, we deserve it as e didn't get 1 minute of sunshine yesterday !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Peachy morning in Sligo now, finally a day where the cloud has burned off early.

Risen from 15 to 20 within two hours, noticeable change from the norm of slow lifting of temp to be warmest around 5PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Pure blue skies in cork city. Warm and humid. Another sweaty day!

such a stunning day in Dublin again, just perfection. lovely and warm and uninterrupted sunshine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Beautiful day here in Dunshaughlin, this is beginning to turn into a classic summer after a warm and dry June and now this very warm spell which looks like lasting another week at least. The first half of July was dissapointing but temperatures were fairly mild to warm and despite 3 very wet days in the first half of the month, the weather was nice in between.

August is showing signs of a deterioration in the weather as it usually does every summer but 2021 will go down as a decent summer here in Meath if we get 2 out of 3 summer months mostly dry, warm and settled. Tomorrow could well turn out to be the hottest day of the year in many places.

26C now at Dunshaughlin, warmest day we've had since July/August 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2pm met reports

Mount Dillon 26 degrees. Nice afternoon :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

23.4C here near Tralee out by the coast, gorgeous, probably a bit more in it yet., bit of cloud drifting by but mostly blue skies , 3/8

RH 74% making it pleasant.

pressure at 1027.6 hPa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

As with many a sunny day here in I am right on the boundary of the coastal clear slot and the pesky fair weather cloud conveyer belt...Unfortunately for the sun lover that I am, the sun is in the wrong part of the sky and is in and out like a yoyo after a stunning morning. Getting some more prolonged spells too though. At least it's warm I'm telling myself, as I wonder how much more sun I'd see in general if I lived a km or two further towards the coast. Not sure I'm fully liking the new boards BUT loving the better image support! So easy.

Dublin 9.

EDIT: Not to push my luck but it seems any cloud is pushing further and further inland with far more prolonged glorious sun currently!

• Advertisement

27 degrees at mount Dillon, hottest recording so far today. Phoenix park, casement, Athenry and oak park at 25 degrees, Dublin airport 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,226 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Travelling through mayo today and it's a fabulous day out. Stopped in Westport for a bite and it felt a lot warmer than 22°c in that sun. Long may it continue.

after a lovely morning and early afternoon it has turned completely cloudy here now in Meath, was 26C earlier, back down to 24C now. Hopefully the sun will poke out through the cloud again later.

Clear blue skies and sunshine all day here in D5, amazing day that stayed around 25 degrees. Perfect temperature

The big bank of cloud is starting to move a bit more westwards now and sun is poking out again, clear blue skies to my east and south. Temperature has climbed again back to 26C.

Tomorrow looks to be the warmest day of the year where it may turn locally hot in a few favoured spots, so 28 or 29C is possible tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Just hit 26c in Dublin 15. Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It got up to 23.8C today in Castlebar which is the warmest it has been this year here and the best day since the 30th of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Certainly a peach of a day here on the Dublin coast. Very warm, plentiful undisturbed sunshine and lack of a strong breeze. Feels so good to have this weather in mid-summer again, especially after July last year.

Pic is the view from Hawk Cliff, Dalkey from earlier.

• Advertisement

Max Today

Mount Dillon 27.5

Oak Park 26.4

Ballyhaise 26.3

Mullingar 26.1

Advertisement