Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/introducing-the-new-playstation-app-redesigned-to-enhance-your-gaming-experiences-on-ps4-and-ps5/

Here’s a list of the key features:
    • Updated user interface – The first thing you’ll notice is the sleek new user interface of the redesigned PS App. The new home screen lets you quickly see what your friends are playing and access details about your recently played games, including your Trophy List.
    • Messages integration – For a unified experience, the PS Messages app feature will now be integrated in the updated PS App so you can seamlessly message your friends all in one place. As part of this integration, PS Messages will no longer be available as a standalone app. Your existing messages and threads in PS Messages will be carried over to the updated PS App.
    • Voice Chat and Party Groups – You can now create party groups from PS App, and voice chat with up to 15 other friends though your mobile phone. Also, a note to fans: the PlayStation team is looking into your feedback around the Parties changes introduced in the PS4 system software update 8.00. There are no updates to share today, but thanks for speaking up about your concerns – we’re listening and evaluating.
    • Natively integrated PlayStation Store and remote downloads – The new native PS Store experience enables fast and smooth shopping and browsing, with the ability to remotely download games and add-ons directly to your PS4 and PS5.
    • New features for PS5 – When PS5 arrives, you’ll be able to remotely launch games, manage storage on your console if you run out of space while downloading a game, and quickly sign in to PS5 straight from the PS App.
    • All the latest PlayStation news – The Explore tab surfaces Official News from game developers and PS Blog content to help you stay up to date with the world of PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That ps plus collection is fantastic, especially for properly coming over from xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That ps plus collection is fantastic, especially for properly coming over from xbox.
    It is! It's a shame I own pretty much every game on it already though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

With 2077 pushed back I guess Valhalla is a day one buy now. Not been exactly blown away by what I've seen in previews though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Confirmed for launch. Hurrah.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was able to order the adapter okay.

Details required: PSVR serial, name, email and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Worked for me just now too. Still don't know if I'm going to keep it, but I'll hold onto it to see what it's like on the 5 and trade in afterwards then if I'm still not happy. Most interested to play No Man's Sky on it again, see if there's any great improvement, but I've no doubt the non-VR enhanced PS5 version will be better either way.

Strange how it says you're not guaranteed one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

2020-10-28_19-48-54.png

Edit: Sorry double post from previous - didn't see it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Has there been any word on more accessories stock? Made a miske not ordering the dualsense charging dock and its out of stock everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Wing126 wrote: »
    I haven't seen this posted yet - https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en

Site isn't fully working at the minute, but keep an eye above to request your VR Camera adaptor.

I had posted it on the previous page.
    bazzz wrote: »
    For those looking to get the camera adapter for the PS4 Camera to use PSVR on PS5. The page is now live to request it. Although it's not fully functional yet. It might send you in a loop. But I'd imagine it'll work properly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

bazzz wrote: »
    I had posted it on the previous page.

my bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

EaaE7KbUEAAlO1c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Requested the ps vr adapter but got no email confirmation.

Got a mail about 20 or 30 mins later.
    Your request for a PlayStation®Camera Adaptor has been received.

We will contact you again about the status of your request. If granted, shipments are expected to begin around mid-November 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

wes wrote: »
    Requested the ps vr adapter but got no email confirmation.

Double check your spam folder, that's where mine ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭razor12345

For those that got confirmations for this year, can you check the GameStop website orders page (https://www.gamestop.ie/AccountManagement/UserOrderMenu) and confirm what date is on your order for shipment mine states end of Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

razor12345 wrote: »
    For those that got confirmations for this year, can you check the GameStop website orders page (https://www.gamestop.ie/AccountManagement/UserOrderMenu) and confirm what date is on your order for shipment mine states end of Dec

Mine doesn't have anything on the gamestop website that indicates a delivery date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

razor12345 wrote: »

My online order has said the 19th, since I placed the order. But this is never definitive, as it can change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://youtu.be/cOxuvUJ84Yk

Digital foundry first ps5 video is up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Would happily take Astrobot over Cyberpunk, tbh. Rescue Mission was such a joy and remains one of the all-time great games of the last decade. Glad to see this mini sequel is looking like much more than just a mere tech demo, even if it seems exceptionally good as a tech demo!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

https://youtu.be/cOxuvUJ84Yk

Digital foundry first ps5 video is up

Very late at night.Maybe they focus on youtube american audience now

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't know where you're based but 9.30pm is hardly late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

IN Case anyone i interested.

Argos have cataloged PS5 games as €60 same as PS4 titles. this includes Ass Creed Val & Cyberpunk.
    I will be going to argos for my fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Parsnips wrote: »

Argos have cataloged PS5 games as €60 same as PS4 titles. this includes Ass Creed Val & Cyberpunk.
    Assassins creed val and cyberpunk €55 click and collect in smythstoy there free upgrade to next Gen.

I believe it was uploaded at that time because that's literally as soon as the video was ready.

They only got their PS5 yesterday.. all the people who posted unboxings got it several days beforehand. Being late on the scene costs them a lot of clicks so they were working flat out to capture footage and write the article. 9pm (or whenever) was when it was done, which gives you an idea of the work that goes into even a short video.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Or it’s basically it’s the earliest time they could legally and personally get the video out. DF is 5 people who capture, write, edit and publish their videos in solo here. They don’t have a huge team to edit or write these things. Also it’s John lineman who is quite particular (by no means meant as a detrimental comment).

People are really reading between the lines so much on these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Parsnips wrote: »

Where's this can't see a ps5 section myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

I picked up the printed winter cataloge update in store today.
    its in that.
    Apologies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement