Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getfix VPN Lifetime Subscription $35

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I just noticed that u can only get Netflix by using a computer, you need static routing to get it to work via a tv or any other device. There’s instructions on the getflix page. I haven’t tried it yet.

this is wat it says on their pAGE and thats the reason i was getting error messages

Netflix Updates
    Currently US Netflix is only supported on computer browsers. We don't have any ETA for other devices at this time. We are working to make other devices available as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

KaneToad wrote: »
    Dunno, possibly.

I'm running it successfully on my windows laptop. Which I have connected via HDMI to projector...

Ah OK I am trying to do it directly on amazon fire box.... They said its not supported as its bought from a third party zzz

gmisk wrote: »
    Ah OK I am trying to do it directly on amazon fire box.... They said its not supported as its bought from a third party zzz

maybe if u casted it to ure fire stick from watever device u get it working from it may work, theres a casting app on fire stick. I dont know, im in way over me heard here when it comes to this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

I I have a Sony android TV that I can't download the app from play store. Is it worth my while getting this or is there a better alternative? I know you can sideload apps but they never work smoothly when doing so. Thanks

Daithi07 wrote: »
    I I have a Sony android TV that I can't download the app from play store. Is it worth my while getting this or is there a better alternative? I know you can sideload apps but they never work smoothly when doing so. Thanks

The bbc I player app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

The bbc I player app?

How do I turn on Access to Iplayer

Masala wrote: »
    The bbc I player app?

I’ve no idea, you can only side load it as far as I’m aware

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

The bbc I player app?

Getflix app itself.

Daithi07 wrote: »
    The bbc I player app?

Getflix app itself.
    I don’t know, I got it to work by logging into my router.

Yea I haven’t set up the static routing yet, that should fix the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone get it working on a Samsung Smart Tv?

Yea I haven’t set up the static routing yet, that should fix the problem

I have one of the newer virgin boxes and they said you can't change DNS so just be warned..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anyone get it working on a Samsung Smart Tv?

I have been using it on my J series Samsung for about 2-3 years. I have the Getflix DNS on my router but you can put it on your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Masala wrote: »

Connect to a Getflix UK VPN and create a UK Play Store account. Stay connected to UK VPN and search for iPlayer. If it doesn't appear try force stopping the play store in settings and try searching again.
    Once installed your can turn off the VPN. It will update like any app.
    The same should work for the ITV player.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Change be box then
    So spend more money buying another modem which still means that amazon fire won't work for Netflix naw not worth it I'm trying to cancel

Have you tried asking in the tech forum if there is a way to do it ?

I googled it and no way to change DNS on vm hub 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I googled it and no way to change DNS on vm hub 3.0

Set the hub up as a bridge and get a configurable router such as a TP Link.

Google is your friend.

Set the hub up as a bridge and get a configurable router such as a TP Link.

Google is your friend.
    If I do that all will the amazon fire TV work too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Badly struggling here with this bit of software.... any link for Getflix for Dummies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

If I do that all will the amazon fire TV work too?

Not so far with Netflix - that I've managed. I cast from US Netflix from PC to the TV if the need arises.

I haven't been overly bothered, tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just bought this, what's the quickest fool proof way to tell if I'm on USA Netflix?

Kinda looks the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Works for me after messing around a bit with the modem settings, Netflix pretty slow though is it the same for anyone else?

bromley52 wrote: »
    I have been using it on my J series Samsung for about 2-3 years. I have the Getflix DNS on my router but you can put it on your TV.

Yeah I tried that last night . Changed the dns on the Tv ,Loaded up Netflix and some shows had extra seasons but they wouldn't play. I assume you have to set up a US Netflix account. When I searched for BBC iplayer app to download, it was nowhere to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

adox wrote:
    I got this a couple of years ago and its great. Use it primarily for BBC iPlayer.

I thought you had to have a tv license number to access BBC iplayer?

All I'm saying is that following a bit of research it does not look as polished as ExpressVPN. If you want to use a robust and safe VPN with the benefit of US Netflix etc than this might not be quite right for you.

I have express vpn. I get netflix Canada and some European countries but can't get it to work for USA

OmegaGene wrote:
    no, they ask if you have one so lie

Can't believe it's that simple. Thanks :)

no need for a second netflix account, if its not playing then restart netflix and try again, as for the bbc iplayer and other uk catch ups like channel 4 itv and channel 5
    your device needs to be set to uk, wether its a tv or console and then the apps will show up

Yeah I switched the dns on the tv there. Once I entered the DNS. I loaded Netflix , it was very slow but you could see the additional titles.Turned off the tv and loaded it back up and it comes up Netflix has encounter an error . retrying in 30 seconds. It's like it knows it's out of region.

Do you enter the DNS address closest to you or one in a country your trying to access?

Edit: doesn't work either in the Xbox.

OmegaGene wrote:
    i set up an account and used a friends post code and random name, iplayer is worth the sub alone

I just did the same. Thanks again

• Advertisement

It does work on the Xbox, google is your friend

http://www.getflix.com.au/setup/xbox-360
    Is that what you did, set up a US Xbox live account?

Advertisement