Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getfix VPN Lifetime Subscription $35

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

Cheers OP. Just signed up - great deal :-)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

biebiebie wrote: »
    What's a while?
    Can you estimate how often it's working, and how often it's not?

Eg if its not working for 50+% of the time then it's not really reliable, more hit and miss.

Appreciate your opinion!

It has been gone for a couple of months on occasion for me anyway. I would not call it reliable for US Netflix, but I only use the smart dns rather than the VPN so maybe that's better. I get my money's worth from it for Amazon Prime UK and BBC iplayer regardless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

gmisk wrote: »
    I think I read 30?
    Just signed up....will try and setup on Amazon fire tonight :)

Let me know how u got on, I was trying to do it last night but had no luck, I cant even download the bbci player app to my phone because its geo blocked I assume. I have it on my tv tho and it works fine but cannot get it on my phone or firestick.

bbc iplayer doesnt even appear on my search list on google phone on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

No luck so far. It picked up region on app on phone when changed on amazon fire... But then didn't work.. I tried to change on router too... Anyone with Virgín media manage to find where to change DNS settings via administration console?

I just got bbc iplayer on my firestick and it worked. I first downloaded aptoide to my phone. Then bbciplayer app to my phone, then I used the app called apps2fire to send the bbciplayer to my firestick. You will need to download the remote for firetv app on firestick this is a virtual mouse to use as to navigate the bbciplayer app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I just got bbc iplayer on my firestick and it worked. I first downloaded aptoide to my phone. Then bbciplayer app to my phone, then I used the app called apps2fire to send the bbciplayer to my firestick. You will need to download the remote for firetv app on firestick this is a virtual mouse to use as to navigate the bbciplayer app.

iplayer is available from the amazon appstore directly on fire tv and works perfectly with the firetv remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Is P2P allowed in this VPN?

iplayer is available from the amazon appstore directly on fire tv and works perfectly with the firetv remote.

I cant get it via that source, it gives me this...

We're sorry

You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

We're sorry

Use this site to pull it directly from the play store and then side load it.

bromley52 wrote: »

We're sorry

Use this site to pull it directly from the play store and then side load it.

Will that be better than what I done on post 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭lau1247

absolute noob here on this subject, hopefully someone can shed some light.

In the link below on the right side. it says DNS-Over-VPN Enable. Would it be correct to assume that it avoid the geoblock as well as hiding behind VPN server?

https://www.getflix.com.au/setup/dns-servers

Another follow up question (Possibly), so Ireland for example doesn't have DNS-Over-VPN Enable, would it be correct to assume that I could use other DNS that have it enabled instead of the Ireland one?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

They have confirmed with me via email that the amazon fire TV does not work with unlocking regions on Netflix.... I'm cancelling its only reason I was ordering

I also cannot change DNS settings on modem apparently as it is a virgin media one...

See email below
    As of 2018, getflix decided to support only pc or mac browsers for our 3rd party promo users due to Netflix's huge changes on their network
    We really did try our best to unblock Netflix with those server unfortunately after a few months our infrastructures are not able to and we decided to stop supporting other devices for the said channel
    Can anyone recommend a VPN that will actually work on an amazon fire TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Where's the 35 lifetime option. Dont see it?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭lau1247

Where's the 35 lifetime option. Dont see it?

i see 30 years under the "Licence" tab

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The link is in the first post

Odd. Not on my browser?

Be warned folks there website says no refunds!?! They have confirmed it doesn't work with amazon fire tv

Just signed up.

Cheers OP and thread help.

Be warned folks there website says no refunds!?! They have confirmed it doesn't work with amazon fire tv

Checked support on getflix live chat and the deal is legit

Checked support on getflix live chat and the deal is legit
    The deal might be legit... But they have confirmed with me that it won't work on an amazon fire TV...via live chat and support email

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    2 week free trial permits any testing needed on various devices
    I don’t own amazon fire tv so can’t comment
    That is true... But I signed up with the offer... Which is what this bargain alert was for...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

So had anyone bought the offer and actually successfully used it yet?

What did you use it for?
    And how would you rate it?

I bought it, I have never used something like this before to compare against, I have bbc I player on main tv and a bed tv thru amazon fire stick, I have tried it for Netflix but I don’t know did I get it to work.

How do u know if u have USA Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭KaneToad

biebiebie wrote: »
    So had anyone bought the offer and actually successfully used it yet?

What did you use it for?
    And how would you rate it?

Bought it. Got the 10% off too.
    Have just configured DNS. Successfully watched a bit of a movie on BBC iPlayer ( Shaun the Sheep!). Haven't succeeded with US Netflix yet.

Worth it for BBC iPlayer alone, in my opinion...

I bought it, I have never used something like this before to compare against, I have bbc I player on main tv and a bed tv thru amazon fire stick, I have tried it for Netflix but I don’t know did I get it to work.

How do u know if u have USA Netflix

Wider range of newer releases, I would think..

When I tried to get pj masks, it came with an error saying, you seem to be using an unblocker or proxy......

When I tried to get pj masks, it came with an error saying, you seem to be using an unblocker or proxy......

I got PJ masks cartoon just now. Currently streaming Captain Underpants...both of which are unavailable on Irish Netflix...I think!?

No error messages.

I set my region for Netflix to USA on getflix - as suggested by OmegaGene

KaneToad wrote: »
    I got PJ masks cartoon just now. Currently streaming Captain Underpants...both of which are unavailable on Irish Netflix...I think!?

No error messages.

I set my region for Netflix to USA on getflix - as suggested by OmegaGene
    Can I ask what you did I followed the instructions carefully but no joy... Is it cause I am on amazon fire TV!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

We're sorry

Ah ok, I don't get that with unotelly or smartdns proxy, I pulled the apk just now to share but its tiny so not sure if its complete.

• Advertisement

Can I ask what you did I followed the instructions carefully but no joy... Is it cause I am on amazon fire TV!?!

Dunno, possibly.

I'm running it successfully on my windows laptop. Which I have connected via HDMI to projector...

Advertisement