Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getfix VPN Lifetime Subscription $35

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dymo wrote: »
    But as for this Getflix offer, all the UK players work but Netflix US is not.
    Not on any of my devices, unless I want to go through a web browser (which I dont), Getflix confirmed as below.
    Getflix support are at least responsive, I have heard nothing bar a notification from stacksocial.

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Tahoma,sans-serif]As of 2018, getflix decided to support only pc or mac browsers for our 3rd party promo users due to Netflix's huge changes on their network"
    [/FONT]

I have also lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I am heading travelling soon. Am I right in saying I can use this when abroad to watch RTE player and bbc iplayer? Also does it work on iPad ?

I am heading travelling soon. Am I right in saying I can use this when abroad to watch RTE player and bbc iplayer? Also does it work on iPad ?
    I would read back through this thread....I wouldnt recommend buying from stack social in a million years, maybe buy from Getflix directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

gmisk wrote: »
    Not on any of my devices, unless I want to go through a web browser (which I dont), Getflix confirmed as below.
    Getflix support are at least responsive, I have heard nothing bar a notification from stacksocial.

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Tahoma,sans-serif]As of 2018, getflix decided to support only pc or mac browsers for our 3rd party promo users due to Netflix's huge changes on their network"
    [/FONT]

I have also lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

I got a fairly generic - hand wringing response from them about how they were unable to offer me anything more than my $35 back via store credits, due to 3rd party contracts blah de blahdy blah...

I just replied that I just replied that it wasn't a case of me simply changing my mind, or not being able to work the product correctly , I informed them that they blatantly misled people in their offer , and what they claimed their offer would give me (access Netflix via a range of devices) was significantly different to what was actually on offer (access via computer only)

I've had a few backwards and forwards emails, with them deliberately failing to understand the point I'm trying to get across.

I think I will just escalate the dispute resolution process and ask PayPal to intervene.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

So just trying to get my head around the thread and not sure if stacksocial is reliable or not. Is the getflix offer via stack social good for multiple devices or not? Or just purchase directly?

Also see the vpn unlimited offer.

Im basically looking to use Netflix (multiple regions) and BBC iPlayer.

• Advertisement

boris1234 wrote: »
    So just trying to get my head around the thread and not sure if stacksocial is reliable or not. Is the getflix offer via stack social good for multiple devices or not? Or just purchase directly?

The offer froim stacksocial will only get you a vpn via a browser on a computer.

In saying that, I got usa Netflix on my phone, but only via the browser, the app stays logged to the UK version.

Their ad stated that you would gain access via media devices/phones/ smart tv etc, but that's misleading and false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Can Netflix tell you're using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

boris1234 wrote: »

With regards to BBC iPlayer, VPN Unlimited works for me and I can stream or download on a Mac and IOS devices and stream on an Amazon Firestick.

I've no idea about Netflix as I don't have enough time to see all that I want to see on Irish Netflix without worrying about any other region!

Doodah7 wrote: »
    With regards to BBC iPlayer, VPN Unlimited works for me and I can stream or download on a Mac and IOS devices and stream on an Amazon Firestick.

I've no idea about Netflix as I don't have enough time to see all that I want to see on Irish Netflix without worrying about any other region!
    When you say stream on amazon firestick do you mean via an app on the firestick or via screen cast?

Via the BBC iPlayer app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doodah - do you have a 1st or 2nd Gen Firestick? Am thinking VPN's work on 2nd Gen but not 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'm gonna keep it for iplayer and itv player. I have them working on the fire stick.

Anyone know if u could get usa netflix via your browser could u cast it over to your tv using a chromecast and still get the usa netflix
    Can I ask what steps you took to get the iplayer working on Firestick?

I'm trying it on another android device, but getting "This content is not available"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Couldn't get it working at all and just gave up. Entered the DNS on the Tv, went to both ITV and the BBC via the browser and I couldn't even enter the site.

As soon as I set the dns back to automatic, I was able to enter the site but obviously couldn't watch anything . It's like they know the DNS address is dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Couldn't get it working at all and just gave up. Entered the DNS on the Tv, went to both ITV and the BBC via the browser and I couldn't even enter the site.

As soon as I set the dns back to automatic, I was able to enter the site but obviously couldn't watch anything . It's like they know the DNS address is dodgy.

Did you go into either the app or website and update your IP?

Basq wrote: »
    Doodah - do you have a 1st or 2nd Gen Firestick? Am thinking VPN's work on 2nd Gen but not 1st.

Yes the 2nd Gen version with the Alexa remote.

What I did was to follow the steps outlined earlier and installed the Downloader app onto the Firestick. Then, using the browser element of the Downloader app, I installed the Android apk (without Google services) from here:

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/downloads/android

This involved taking a note of the full web address (hover over the link) and typing that into the address bar on the Downloader app. It should install and be configurable from there. Download the iPlayer app from the Firestick store and sign in to both apps and away you go!!

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Yes the 2nd Gen version with the Alexa remote.
    Yep, thought so.

Most VPN's I've looked at indicate being compatible on Fire TV's and 2nd Gen Fire Stick's. Shame! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I just got bbc iplayer on my firestick and it worked. I first downloaded aptoide to my phone. Then bbciplayer app to my phone, then I used the app called apps2fire to send the bbciplayer to my firestick. You will need to download the remote for firetv app on firestick this is a virtual mouse to use as to navigate the bbciplayer app.
    Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Can I ask what steps you took to get the iplayer working on Firestick?

I'm trying it on another android device, but getting "This content is not available"

I also put the vpn thing directly onto my router. Works on tv and fire stick

bromley52 wrote: »
    Did you go into either the app or website and update your IP?

Yeah did that the first night but what's that got to do with the DNS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Yeah did that the first night but what's that got to do with the DNS ?

The DNS won't work unless your current public IP is on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

I have a Virgin Hub router so haven't been able to change the DNS on it.

I have however changed the DNS on my laptop, and gotten US netflix and BBC iPlayer working, but I can't cast to my chromecast - presumably because of the router settings.

If I by a configurable router, and just us the Virgin box as a bridge, will this solve the problem?

Or am I restricted because of the (misleading to the point of fraudulant) StackSocial promotion?

• Advertisement

I still have had heard nothing back about a refund or credit.
    But I did lodge a complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau - their own website proudly proclaims they are members).
    ----
    Complaint ID#: #####
    Business Name: StackCommerce

Thank you for contacting BBB. Your complaint was received by BBB on April 10, 2018 and has been assigned case# ###### in our files. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
    StackCommerce
    21 Market St

Venice, CA 90291-3603

The case has been reviewed and has now been forwarded to the business for their response. This business has until May 4, 2018 to respond to your complaint. You may contact our office after May 4, 2018 to check the status of your complaint.

bromley52 wrote: »
    The DNS won't work unless your current public IP is on their system.

Nice one, updated the IP address like you said via the Xbox browser, entered the DNS and I'm able to watch the Iplayer and a few other America channel apps.

The American Netflix loads but the UI is deadly slow and takes forever to load. The picture quality is very poor when it does eventually load.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

gmisk wrote: »
    I still have had heard nothing back about a refund or credit.
    But I did lodge a complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau - their own website proudly proclaims they are members).
    How did you contact stack social? I used this email dispute@stacksocial.zendesk.com and received this response within an hour
    ----
    Thanks for reaching out!

As you are within our 15-Day Satisfaction Guarantee (Claimed on April 07, 2018 01:45PM), I have issued the insured store credit refund to your account and removed order access. Your credits can be applied to any future purchase and will not expire. Hopefully you'll find something else on the site you love. :)

(As a friendly reminder, please make sure you click the "Pay with Credits" option on the checkout page during your next purchase to apply your credits.)

Have a great day!

Your support hero,
    Toby Run Kenobi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭lau1247

Squaredude wrote: »
    How did you contact stack social? I used this email dispute@stacksocial.zendesk.com and received this response within an hour
    ----
    Thanks for reaching out!

As you are within our 15-Day Satisfaction Guarantee (Claimed on April 07, 2018 01:45PM), I have issued the insured store credit refund to your account and removed order access. Your credits can be applied to any future purchase and will not expire. Hopefully you'll find something else on the site you love. :)

(As a friendly reminder, please make sure you click the "Pay with Credits" option on the checkout page during your next purchase to apply your credits.)

Have a great day!

Your support hero,
    Toby Run Kenobi

How many exchange back and forth happen before they give you the refund? I wasn't even given the option and was flat out refused (though the first reply was quick) and they have since not bother responding.

Has anyone successfully got their refund via paypal yet?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    How many exchange back and forth happen before they give you the refund? I wasn't even given the option and was flat out refused (though the first reply was quick) and they have since not bother responding.

Not yet but seller hasn't engaged either, so I imagine it'll be granted no problem.

I got a refund back onto card (not credit!) i'd say contacting BBB made a different.
    _________
    We've refunded your order for Getflix: Lifetime Subscription (x1) in the amount of $35 back to your original method of payment. Thanks for your patience, and we hope to have you back as a customer again in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

lau1247 wrote: »

I only sent one email and that was the response

Trying to fob me off with this.
    Hi again,

As indicated in the 15-Day Satisfaction Guarantee that If you're unsatisfied for any reason, we will issue a store credit refund within 15 days of purchase.

https://support.stackcommerce.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004048386-Redeemed-Course-Apps-Software-Refund-Policy

As it stands, we are contractually tied to a no refund policy with our vendors, allowing us to offer amazing products at a huge discount. Additionally, digital license codes and redemption assets are sent out immediately upon checkout, at which point the vendor is paid.

For more information, you can always find our Refund Policy in the 'Terms' section on the deal page.

Again, sincere apologies that I could not help you out with a refund. If you have any further questions or concerns, our team is happy to help.

Take care!

Your support hero,
    Bucky

I chuckled at this part
    As it stands, we are contractually tied to a no refund policy with our vendors

It's like they're not contractually tied to having to sell their customers what they lead them to believe they're actually buying.

Trying to fob me off with this.

I chuckled at this part

It's like they're not contractually tied to having to sell their customers what they lead them to believe they're actually buying.
    I had to berate them tbh to get refund, but I would maybe mention raising a complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau) which they are members off!
    And also that Getflix have confirmed issue on their side.
    In fairness to Getflix when I contacted them they agreed the description wasnt accurate.
    Also send them screenshots of conversations that seems to help.

Also I got response via messaging them on facebook rather than email if that helps.

• Advertisement

Was just raising my Paypal dispute this morning and had to include the link to the product, and noticed something off..

Product advertised when we all purchased last week (left) versus product as advertised today (right):

Screenshot_20180408-142437.pngScreenshot_20180415-095937.png

Spot the difference.. nice ninja edit to T&C's around Netflix there Stacksocial.

Lousy behaviour to not refund yet change incorrect product description.

(including this screenshots to help anyone else raising disputes).

Advertisement