Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Always wondered about that place. Never hear of what it was like

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

matchthis wrote: »
    Always wondered about that place. Never hear of what it was like

The fact that is is alive to tell the tale is an endorsement !

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Its basically the same as weeping thaiger. Had the take away. No complaints other than a bit on the pricey side but I guess its not your average ****ty chinese. The beef was identifiable as beef at least.

Tried the Thai station beside dominos in Sallins last week. Pretty good too it must be said. As with the above its not overly cheap but food seemed fairly fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I like Thai Station yea it's not cheap but you get what you pay for and the food is very tasty.

Don't feel bad after eating Thai Station depending on what you order but be can be healthy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Very good Lego display, upstairs in the library. And good crowd at the wild food festival. Nice food, and music. Free beer too, small samples though.

• Advertisement

Big play day event on at the county council offices today, noon to 5pm.

Starting off in the gaa for kids, is 4 too young?

beertons wrote: »

No, 4 is just the right age, except in Kilkenny where babies fresh from the womb are given a Hurley.

I imagine they're given a sliotar too, instead of a teething device.

Anyone do the Naas 10km today? Got great weather for it, albeit a little warm. I was working, so never made it up town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

they will take them from 4, usually the nursery group is age 4-5

Tommy Loughrin looks after them at that age. Just fun games and introducing them to the sport

Playing small sided games on the Sunday, think its from 11am. Go down to Charlie White sitting on he steps of the clubhouse on Sunday morning and get his name on the sheet.

Thanks a mill Lex.

The new drive thru is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

The new drive thru is open.
    And there was a queue into the drive through at 4 o'clock!! 24 hrs too in case of 3am Big Mac emergency

Looked busy again this evening. Good few people walking over from Tesco too. Hopefully they get the street lights working, as it was a bit hard to see the people on the footpath. A trip by someone and they could be out under a car in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Got their just before 4. Place was busy, but looked to be managed very well. Now the traffic getting to and from it was another story, but should be a lot better when the Sallins roundabout is finished. Was Friday afternoon though

Just wondering can anyone point me in the right direction for the best chipper chips in naas?

Just wondering can anyone point me in the right direction for the best chipper chips in naas?

Where have you tried? Jimmy's is great for fish and chips. Depends on what you're after.

Where have you tried? Jimmy's is great for fish and chips. Depends on what you're after.

Tried a few at this stage mostly ones off just eat. Weres Jimmy's? I'll give that one a go.

Not sure what we're after in particular just a good chipper :o

It's up between Kalu and John conroy menswear on the Main Street. I'm not sure if they deliver, was collection only last time I got them.

• Advertisement

It's up between Kalu and John conroy menswear on the Main Street. I'm not sure if they deliver, was collection only last time I got them.

Cheers might spin up so and pick something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Tried a few at this stage mostly ones off just eat. Weres Jimmy's? I'll give that one a go.

Not sure what we're after in particular just a good chipper :o

Jimmys is the best I have had in a long long time

Best Kildare chipper is Sams in Leixlip

Drool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Jimmys is the best I have had in a long long time

Best Kildare chipper is Sams in Leixlip

Drool....

I get a Jimmy's every Friday :)

Love the Burgers , But normally a Fish N Chips

Have to say after getting jimmy's tonight best chipper in naas imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

does any know of any where there is free parking in naas town, near the main street? or is just the multi-storey thats the best option?

does any know of any where there is free parking in naas town, near the main street? or is just the multi-storey thats the best option?

I know of no free parking in Naas during the week. On street parking is free at weekends though.

There's a little road across from Boots, down by Il Fico. That's a private road. There's double yellow lines on a part of it, but if you find a gap with no lines, stick the car in there. And now its out there, I'll never get a spot down there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

There's a little road across from Boots, down by Il Fico. That's a private road. There's double yellow lines on a part of it, but if you find a gap with no lines, stick the car in there. And now its out there, I'll never get a spot down there again!

Thanks Il have a look tomorrow.
    is that across the road from boots ? I thought that was all double yellow lines!!
    but il have a look :) thanks

Yep, that's the one.

• Advertisement

Are the court doing a BBQ on Sunday when the rugby and soccer is on? Got a day pass for pints, whilst I'm not mad on the place, it might be the clincher for the day.

Advertisement