Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier league 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

NDWC wrote: »
    Fair play to Sherrock but I really do think the crowd gives her a significant advantage. That game tonight gets played in an empty room and Duzza wins imo

i think there's loads of pressure on her and her opponent , if she gets battered 7-0 , she goes away fast, durrand struggled with the pressure , she finished really well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Don’t watch Premier league but surely the same argument could be made re crowd noise for Gerwyn Price? A hostile crowd is a hostile crowd and gender neutral

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Don’t watch Premier league but surely the same argument could be made re crowd noise for Gerwyn Price? A hostile crowd is a hostile crowd and gender neutral

TbL

Ah stop, what price gets is nothing compared to Fallon opponents.

The crowd obviously have an effect but shes good to watch, youd fancy her to take out anything below 130, wade like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

would anyone have any idea what hotel(s) the players stay in when they're over here for the PL or know of anywhere else to catch 1 or 2 of them for an autograph or photo?

9 darter Michael Smith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

I had just switched over..Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Camera work was brutal for the D12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Camera work was brutal for the D12

Ye, and again on Smith trying take out 130 on d8....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Great walk-on by O'Connor. Some atmosphere.
    https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1233141285176979474

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The one year I dont go theres a 9 darter ha

Looked a very good ans lively crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

only back from 3Arena, full house, what a night :D

and 9 darter crowd reaction, madness

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Not a single post in this thread about last nights darts. I suppose it shows just how uninteresting the Premier League is!

The main thing of note is that the 25 year old World Youth Champion Luke Humphries became the first challenger to win a match. MvG losing is also worth mentioning, seems as if he hasn't got the hang of the new darts yet.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Not a single post in this thread about last nights darts. I suppose it shows just how uninteresting the Premier League is!

The main thing of note is that the 25 year old World Youth Champion Luke Humphries became the first challenger to win a match. MvG losing is also worth mentioning, seems as if he hasn't got the hang of the new darts yet.

And Durrant still top of the league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Maybe MvG is as disinterested as the rest of us :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Like many posters have said before, it's just a glorified exhibition lacking in real competition edge
    A few of them look seriously disinterested this year - Gurney, Anderson, MvG

There's more excitement 'watching' a players championship floor event on dartconnect than that rubbish on a Thursday night if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

What was wrong with Price the knob at the end of the match tonight? At least himself and Gurney both lost so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Is premier league postponed or behind closed door ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

• Advertisement

Should just cancel the whole premier league to make it easier to fit in the actual ranking events that have been or will be cancelled. They've said the premier league will now be staggered over the year, finals night in October.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Here's the updated schedule for the Premier League. Six consecutive nights behind closed doors in Milton Keynes. Doesn't sound very exciting! Also they are being extremely optimistic if they think there will be a crowd permitted at the other scheduled nights.

Here's the updates schedule for the Premier League. Six consecutive nights behind closed doors on Milton Keynes. Doesn't sound very exciting! Also they are being extremely optimistic if they think there will be a crown permitted at the other scheduled nights.

Plus crowd noises to be played at these events and the matchplay. No escaping the Yaya Kolo chant!

Next years schedule released too, finals night is in Germany, really surprised about that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The PL is the worst of the TV tournaments and that's with a crowd. Without a crowd I have zero interest, it's just the home tour with better production values.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

El Sueño wrote: »
    The PL is the worst of the TV tournaments and that's with a crowd. Without a crowd I have zero interest, it's just the home tour with better production values.

Any comp that is invite , or exbo like the PL is not as good as a ranked comp where players are there on merit.

I liked the summer series players champs, as it is proper competitive ranked darts.
    The pl is just a glorified invitation exbo, where its only purpose is to rake in the money for the pdc to cover overheads and pay for other events.

The PL is needed, but it dont mean its as good as some make it out, and I have never classed it as a true major like the Worlds, Matchplay, and others are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I assume the pl is the biggest moneymaker for the PDC by far, I can certainly see why it's put on every year.

I've said before though they should mix it up from week to week, make it 301 one week, quadro board the next week, double start the week after that, etc. We see enough games of 501 on TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

El Sueño wrote: »
    I assume the pl is the biggest moneymaker for the PDC by far, I can certainly see why it's put on every year.

I've said before though they should mix it up from week to week, make it 301 one week, quadro board the next week, double start the week after that, etc. We see enough games of 501 on TV.

Without the PL the PDC would be unsustainable in general.

For exampl each players champs pays out £75, 000 per event, and that is played behind closed doors with no ticket sale revenue, and no entry fee.
    And multiply that by the numver of events per year, the money has to be made up from sponsor ship which wont cover it,

That is why the PL exists, by calling it a "major", and awarding large prize money, it recoups it back and more through its publicity, and the PDC have even accepted is just a party crowd, as opposed to the type of crowd the Winter Gardens would get, or the crown the UK Open use to get, a crowd more interested in darts.

The PL is played in front of MAJOR crowds
    It has MAJOR prize money
    It gets MAJOR exposure
    And make MAJOR money for the PDC

however a invitational, non ranking comp where players in the worlds top 10 are not "invited" can never be a true major in the traditional sense, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Just a reminder that everyone's favourite event resumes this evening and will continue (almost) every night for the next two weeks.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Premier_League_Darts#25_August_–_Night_7_(Phase_1)

God help whoever runs that predictions league thingy.

Just a reminder that everyone's favourite event resumes this evening and will continue (almost) every night for the next two weeks.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Premier_League_Darts#25_August_–_Night_7_(Phase_1)

God help whoever runs that predictions league thingy.

That was me :D

No chance I'll have to time to do it, so due to covid-19 the Premier League prediction competition has been cancelled.

On the plus side, it means people don't need to watch now.

I'll probably watch the odd match but the Premier League is boring at the best of times so I'm not sure how well this will do for Sky with no crowd etc. The spectacle is gone.

• Advertisement

Not sure about that zip up Rob

Advertisement