Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

jester1980 wrote: »
    well what a great two weeks. got to see two wins which is great, got a nice free upgrade for Atlanta game too which was good.

Glennon starting to look good and Rainey had two decent games.

Radio shows all over there are talking about swapping Martin for a 1st round pick if they can and leep James and Rainey. What do you think of this??

I don't know, I think Martin is a better player than either. But if we can get a good 1st round pick for him then it might be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Oh i agree 100 %, Martin is a special talent and the O line didnt do him many favours in the first few games.

But James had some good avaerages carries behind that line as well. They've only recently improved and Rainey is seeing the benefit of that.

Its a tough one in fairness. We wouldnt get anything for the other two in my opinion so only leaves 2 options, keep all three or trade Martin...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I wouldn't go trading Martin for a first round pick tbh.

Theres not enough body of work to show that James or Rainey are good enough as a long term solution. Theres a reason Rainey has bounced around the league and James hasn't played enough.

It could work out it may not. Im always of the opinion that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

you also have to consider that Mendenhall, Tate, Joique Bell, MJD, Andre Brown, Rashad Jennings, & Run DMC all all free agents this off season.

A team would be mad to spend a first on Martin bearing that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

BhztPnwCUAALIFI.jpg

Meh.

Not liking it at all. There was nothing wrong with our current jersey. It could have been modernized without going so... ugly :/

• Advertisement

Awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Draken360

red home uni's revealed
    buccs_new_uniform_2.jpg

tb3.jpg?w=600&h=400
    temp43589_230875_AT_SP14_TBB_Team_Uniform_Red_267_HR-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

i'd imagine there will be an orange third alternate version revealed soon ,such a shame we wont get to see the creamcicle jerseys ,they were hidioues but nice to see retro uniis a few times a season mbut this new one helmet rule has killed that idea

Really scratching my head as to who we draft at 7. They've done a decent job in free agency in signing some starters and some depth also which is important.

They dont seem to like Glennon so maybe if any of the top 3 fall to 7 which i defo think 1-2 will we'll go QB. I cant see Mack, Clowney or Watkins falling so the other option is someone for the OLINE, wouldnt be suprised also if they trade back.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, any opinions of Jeremy Zuttah? My Ravens just picked him up for a 5th rounder in 2015. No matter what, he's an upgrade over what we currently have, but I don't know much more about him than that.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Also interested to know about Zuttah, is he decent?

I think the Bucs owe us after cutting Bobby Rainey :pac:

• Advertisement

He's decent cover if you're in trouble with depth. I would be concerned if he was being considered a starter (not sure if that's how you guys plan to use him).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He's decent cover if you're in trouble with depth. I would be concerned if he was being considered a starter (not sure if that's how you guys plan to use him).

He'll be the starting center. According to PFF, he was the 22nd ranked C last season which suggests he was below average, however, Gradkowski was the lowest ranked of all so even below average is a significant upgrade for us at the position :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    He'll be the starting center. According to PFF, he was the 22nd ranked C last season which suggests he was below average, however, Gradkowski was the lowest ranked of all so even below average is a significant upgrade for us at the position :pac:

I think he's rated as a good pro and a hard worker. I really don't know anything about your line so maybe he'd be the type of player who shines among a better line. But I don't think you can expect anything better than decent.

Saying that, he'll probably go to the pro bowl now.

I really like the pick of Mike Evans.

There are a lot of complaints from people though that he is the wrong pick, because Vincent Jackson is too similar. And that the Bucs needed a Wide reciever who can stretch the field vertically. I don't understand that talk.

We have Louis Murphy and Chris Owusu on our roster who both ran 4.3 40s, and we have Tommy Streeter who ran a low 4.4 40. At a certain point we need to trust our coaches to be able to get the most out of the guys we are already paying, and not just praying some rookie can land on the team and contribute immediately. I would have more faith in Owusu producing this season than I would have in any 2nd round rookie.

Jackson will be gone soon. He's expensive and he's ageing. Evans is young, hungry and he has a rare gift in his size (fast recievers are commonplace and eaislly replaceable, big receivers with big hands who can get open are certainly not).

I'm delighted we didn't take Aaron Donald. Time to take an offensive lineman in the 2nd round and then maybe even again in the 3rd round.

I know I've said this before, but I'm absolutely 100% certain that Tampa are certainly, definitely, going to win the super bowl with ease this year.

100 % Agree, by far the best choice and need,

Evans is a smashing player and even though the two are similar it shouldnt be critiscised.

Evans doesnt get caught from behind and proved this last season, his speed is solid enough.

Not really sure on tonight, it actually wouldnt suprise me if we went WR again in 3rd round and OLINE 2nd.

Surprised with the 2nd round pick of Austin Sefarian Jenkins.

Looks like we're going big on offence.

Mike Glennon, V. Jackson, Mike Evans, ASJ, Tim Wright ... (Doug Martin) :P

And offence again with the 3rd round.

A Running Back??? Charles Sims.

He's got great hands so might be lined up as a slot guy.

We'll need fast guys to run away from all the DT/DE/LB's in our backfield because our OLine is non-existant! :P

Well it's going to be hard matching up against our offense. But I'm definitely concerned about the O Line. I'm hoping it indicates they believe Nicks will return at some point.

The selection of a running back i found particularly bemusing, we have so many now.

BnyRh0dIEAARqkk.jpg

Evans doing his thing already.

Scary how bad that OLINE was on Friday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Right folks, I've picked Tampa Bay as "my team" and want to try and get into the NFL.

What's the feelings as we approach the new season?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Enjoy while we're on D.

Close your eyes when our OLine has to block. Your going to see a lot of clips of McCown in the dirt.
    Signing Logan Mankins should make a big difference, though.

I think we could go 8-8 which would be a big improvement. We can score a lot of TD's, with Jackson, Evans and Sefarian Jenkins being massive targets in the Red Zone. However we will have difficulty getting it to the Red Zone.

Hoping to see the Doug Martin of 2012 and not 2013 as well.

All in all, I'd be hopeful we'd beat Carolina (x2) and the Falcons (in Raymond James). Other then that just fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

2 defeats from 2, not looking good :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Some bad plays last night, a blocked punt resulting in them scoring, a blocked field goal for us.

Suprised at some of the play calling when nearly in red zone, 3&4 and then earlir 3&7, running the ball, thats grand as worked well but why not let Josh have a crack at end zone.

ANNOYED

Did Martin get injured? Didn't see the game.

(Thankfully, it sounds like)

Was inactive with a knee injury

PATHETIC, NOTHING MORE TO ADD

Jon Gruden time? :P

Seriously pathetic display, inept on all phases.

Who's coming out in the draft.

We need help... everywhere.

OLine is pathetic as is the secondary.

The comeback is on, Bucs for the Superbowl.

• Advertisement

The comeback is on, Bucs for the Superbowl.

??? Are you watching 2002 reruns again?

Advertisement