Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

RIGOLO wrote: »
    The good news : Yeah I tipped it a few times. Delighted if anyone benefited.
    The bad news : I sold out last week for some profit as NYCT are a bigger holding of mine and didnt feel the need to own 2 UK testing companies even if its different tests .

But it looks like I left a nice chunk of change on the table given they were 76p when I posted and now sit at 105 ...

AFAIK Just be aware its not a huge contract that ODX won, so there may be sell off late in the morning tomorrow. But again other contracts may follow in coming weeks.

Cant win em all...

This is from the press release

The AbC-19™ Rapid test uses a small drop of blood from a finger-prick, and shows results in 20 minutes, without the need for a patient sample to be sent to a laboratory. The test is currently CE-Marked for professional use and can be administered by healthcare professionals, such as doctors, nurses, pharmacists and healthcare workers, at the point-of-care. The UK-RTC are seeking approval from the MHRA for self-test use.

The UK-RTC members are in the final stages of formalising an agreement for the supply of goods from members to Abingdon Health, following the Memorandum of Understanding that was signed in April 2020. Omega expects to manufacture approximately 175,000 of these first 1 million tests but over the term of this supply agreement, Omega will manufacture not less than 25% of the demand from total orders placed, either from the UK Government or, where allowed, third party customers.

https://www.ii.co.uk/news/uk-government-contract-for-uk-rtc-rnsLSE20201006164616_3740214

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Folks how is PSTH for short to medium, I understand Bill Ackerman is looking for a established name to merge with.

Memory test for ye.

Next Tuesday there's the prospect of a reduction in CGT (hopefully including shares) - in previous years when there was a change was it immediate or postponed to the start of the next tax year?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Peoples thoughts on Alteryx?, ride the wave or take some profit. I think it has potential to get back to 180.. but I'm a bit skeptical. Might be the new CEO just being bullish. I'm back pre tech stock bubble, which was also pre pandemic bubble so I expect something bad to happen this week to every company I have a piece of.

If it does you've been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Folks how is PSTH for short to medium, I understand Bill Ackerman is looking for a established name to merge with.

Minimal downside, lots of potential if he picks the right company. Could be a large sell off if AirBnB do IPO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I could do with IT related stock which hasn't already doubled-tripled since March. I missed IT boat :(
    Stocks falling this evening if you want to buy some on sale, Trump made some stimulus comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Peoples thoughts on Alteryx?, ride the wave or take some profit. I think it has potential to get back to 180.. but I'm a bit skeptical. Might be the new CEO just being bullish. I'm back pre tech stock bubble, which was also pre pandemic bubble so I expect something bad to happen this week to every company I have a piece of.

If it does you've been warned.
    I think you need to figure out why they changed CEO. Is there something lurking in that news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Anyone taking advantage of the sudden drop caused by Trump's tweet?

1123heavy wrote: »

stock market is almost as bad as cryto the way it reacting

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

1123heavy wrote: »
    Which tweet was that?

EDIT: Nevermind, no stimulus until after election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

DutchYurt wrote: »
    stock market is almost as bad as cryto the way it reacting

That's been my thought for the last two months. My have cryptocurrencies been very predictable in comparison.

The stock market reminds me of those goats that faint when a ball is thrown at them

YefrGPf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

bfa1509 wrote: »
    That's been my thought for the last two months. My have cryptocurrencies been very predictable in comparison.

The stock market reminds me of those goats that faint when a ball is thrown at them

YefrGPf.gif

Just had a look at the bitcoin chart there's a big move coming very soon id hold on to your hat :pac:

For the spy even if it drops down to the low 300's its a buy i hope it does may not even get there just be prepared for it if it does. Thats about a 10% drop from here so maybe individual stocks may drop 20%. Selling nothing and buying more if it drops back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

June seems so long ago ...
    LUCKIN getting the love yesterday , up 20% to 4.09 , my bep is much lower, glad I held through all the noise.
    Patience often pays off. Earnings season approaches, if they produce a clean set of books they may pop .

Ha! I took your tip yonks ago with LUCKN for a couple of quid and meant to dump it. Lets see where this goes then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Treppen wrote: »
    Ha! I took your tip yonks ago with LUCKN for a couple of quid and meant to dump it. Lets see where this goes then.

Please don't mention that company ever again, it only brings back nightmares lol

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Treppen wrote: »

LUCKIN up another near 13% yesterday 4.62 , I bet your glad you didnt make that dump.

I didnt expect that move from 'The owner of Doonbeg Hotel and Golf Resort' , I dont think many market watchers did. One way to play it is follow the flight of capital from US to China (temporary).
    I expect LK to benefit short term.
    Heard to read this latest LK bump, is it a repeat of some pumping to suck in new money, or is it this the company turning its fortunes around.
    Upcoming earnings+meeting will tell us one way or another. Im jumping in for more Chineese coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Has anyone got any 'penny stock' tips ? Sub 1-2-3 euro/bucks.
    Ive done well out of SOME of these sort of stocks in the past, trading the likes of BYFC,DGLY,AYRO,AYTU,TNXP,SAR,MNK,WORX,LK,PTI.

Just wondering if anyone has others on their radar.
    Will do my own research , just looking for leads , I understand caveat emptor.

Not here but there is a discord called Atlas Trading where they show expensive scanners for free and most of the post are pennies, some of them are killing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

4d pharma down 20%, was down more earlier, can't see any terrible news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

jams100 wrote: »

What? They've seen positive results from their phase II trial of their IBS drug so naturally the stock price is going to plunge 30% :p

Well done to all who are not holding.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Not here but there is a discord called Atlas Trading where they show expensive scanners for free and most of the post are pennies, some of them are killing it.

Atlas_IRL recommends Atlas Trading ...
    .... hmmmm .. are we being totally transparent on potential conflicts of interest...:D

thanks for tip will check it out on the air gapped machine .

ugh, that just wiped out all my profits..

• Advertisement

Re 4D Pharma (and other stocks) - reversed due to what Trump said. Normally that would likely reverse given enough time. But I think we've not seen the last of Trump's health issues, so it's up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Might be a good entry point for anyone wanting to try 4d.

There was no bad news today at all. Rumours of a Nasdaq listing upcoming at some point, plenty of people still bullish on this one. I'm not selling my small stake anyway. I think between Trump, the election and Covid there are still plenty of rollercoaster moments yet for this year and beyond...

weemcd wrote: »
    Might be a good entry point for anyone wanting to try 4d.

There was no bad news today at all. Rumours of a Nasdaq listing upcoming at some point, plenty of people still bullish on this one. I'm not selling my small stake anyway. I think between Trump, the election and Covid there are still plenty of rollercoaster moments yet for this year and beyond...

I feel like I'm on the roller coaster but the seat won't close properly. I'm that kid haha

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

weemcd wrote: »

There was no bad news today at all. .

Has to be some reason surely? 25% is a massive drop even by the volatile markets over the last 6 months.
    Can't have anything to do with Trump? going to hold 4d anyway for another 6 months and see what happens, one of the riskier ones I bought so not really surprised by volatility

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

Has to be some reason surely? 25% is a massive drop even by the volatile markets over the last 6 months.
    Can't have anything to do with Trump? going to hold 4d anyway for another 6 months and see what happens, one of the riskier ones I bought so not really surprised by volatility

The results from phase II of the IBS trial weren't quite as positive as some were hoping. Compared to placebo, improvement was 'superior but statistically non-significant'.

bfa1509 wrote: »
    What? They've seen positive results from their phase II trial of their IBS drug so naturally the stock price is going to plunge 30% :p

Well done to all who are not holding.

I think the market expected a cure for IBS or something.
    The results are great and it's near certain that a phase 3 trial will happen, the RNS didn't have any detail on when that would be.

Lots of folk expecting much better so they're just taking their profit (significant for most I expect as in aug SP was 40% of today's low) and trying to find the next short term play :)

I expect we'll be back to 170 ish over the coming days/weeks.

RNS key takeaway

· A statistically significant increase in overall response in pre-planned analysis of the combined IBS-C/D group compared to placebo;

· A positive, though non-significant, increase in overall response in both IBS-C and IBS-D cohorts;

The difference between the placebo and drug is reported as follows

In IBS-C patients (n=76) a numerically superior but statistically non-significant overall response rates of 25% compared to 17.1% for placebo (n=82) (p=0.152), representing an RR of 1.46 (95% confidence interval: 0.791, 2.711); and

· In IBS-D patients (n=94) a numerically superior but statistically non-significant overall response rate of 23.4% compared to 17.8% for placebo (n=101) (p=0.216), representing an RR of 1.31 (95% confidence interval: 0.753, 2.290).

Given there's nothing out there that treat IBS currently the RNS is fantastic.

The number of participants in the trial weren't huge so it's not surprising that better results would be seen in a phase 3 (larger population).
    76 & 94 people received the drug compared to 82 and 101 who got the placebo.......... within the sample size there's likely to be similarities amongst those who benefittred also so great potential to help millions of sufferers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Still clinging on :D
    Not sure if the is a bull trap of what is going on. There seems to be some positive news flowing out about Covid tests which might be affecting it plus some shorters getting their ducks in a line.

Not sure what to do, its so volatile. Can't figure out where my exit point should be!
    I'm in for £1200 at £4, so if it could get closer to £2, it would be a bit more palatable to exit.

does anyone think they will go sub £1prior to the RI?

Are you planning to take the ri?
    If not. If I understand correctly.. you are wise to get out on this 40pc rise as you are going to be diluted by 300pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

DKNG down 7% in before hours trading, any idea?

Would be interested to hear your thoughts if I should hold on to it long term or start taking profits

Edit: secondary stock offering at 52 dollars, 4.80 below yesterdays price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

manonboard wrote: »
    Are you planning to take the ri?
    If not. If I understand correctly.. you are wise to get out on this 40pc rise as you are going to be diluted by 300pc.

Still unsure - TBH as to whether to go for the RI. It's either all in or all out. It's not massive numbers here, but it's good money.

If I go all in on the RI, I should end up with 5418 shares @ avg cost of £1.08:

Current
    Purchases: 1073 shares @ £4.02
    Dividend Shares: 115
    Total shares: 1188
    Cost: 1073 * £4.02 = £4,313.46

Max RI:
    New shares: (1188 / 3) * 10 = 3960
    Cost: 3960 @ £0.32 = £1,267.20

Post RI
    Total Shares: 5148
    Avg cost: (£4,313.46 + £1267.20) / 5148 = £1.08

If I sell now, I have losses of £2,507.71:

Sell Now
    1188 * £1.52 = £1,805.75
    Loss = £4,313.46 - £1,805.75 = £2,507.71

The temptation is to go all in on the RI and go long on the shares. If anything, the correct decision might be to see if shares drop and then purchase some more in order to get the avg cost to below £1.00 mark.

Thoughts?

Advertisement