Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Maybe I'll try it myself as I struggle badly with depression!

Buddy don't do that, these studies are under lovely clinical trial conditions with kind and understanding psychotherapists. Not in some mankey field of dreams in West Cork that makes you think you're the guy in wickerMan .

Meanwhile... My Canadian pot stocks have gone to pot. Anyone jump in back in 2007 still holding now just out of novelty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Treppen wrote: »
    Buddy don't do that, these studies are under lovely clinical trial conditions with kind and understanding psychotherapists. Not in some mankey field of dreams in West Cork that makes you think you're the guy in wickerMan .

Meanwhile... My Canadian pot stocks have gone to pot. Anyone jump in back in 2007 still holding now just out of novelty!

Ah I know I was only messing :) but laughed at your description!

Edit:messing about the mushrooms, the depression is real :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Maybe I'll try it myself as I struggle badly with depression!

It will be the treatment for depression in the future for sure. Actually wish I could just speed up the world and come back in 5 years when it's all gone through the global approval stages. Obviously, Ireland will be a further 10 years back which is disappointing but likely places you could travel to in Europe in 5. Ludicious state of play but big pharma would rather you suscribe to their molecules instead. I'd wager will we look back at the last 50 years of mental health treatment as an awful set of experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

OwlsZat wrote: »
    It will be the treatment for depression in the future for sure. Actually wish I could just speed up the world and come back in 5 years when it's all gone through the global approval stages. Obviously, Ireland will be a further 10 years back which is disappointing but likely places you could travel to in Europe in 5. Ludicious state of play but big pharma would rather you suscribe to their molecules instead. I'd wager will we look back at the last 50 years of mental health treatment as an awful set of experiments.

Perhaps; I manage mine with meds (at great cost). Mad to think lobotomies etc were once standard treatment

Anyway back to stocks. Did well today probably due to the orange man getting out of hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Perhaps; I manage mine with meds (at great cost). Mad to think lobotomies etc were once standard treatment

Indeed. Mushrooms won't be a recurring treatment.

Back on topic I recommended Square last year and sold out way too soon. Up another 7% today appears like Shopify to be a hero stock. Anyone holding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah holding Square, have a full stable of payment stocks, Square, PayPal, Sea, StoneCo. With cash gone, why wouldn't you want a cut of every transaction in the world.

Interesting too that in the past few days, two of the Cloud-based SAAS stocks (Twilio and Alteryx) have raised guidance for Q3. This could be a monster earnings season for these stocks (Fastly, Datadog, Trade Desk, ServiceNow, Veeva)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

RIGOLO wrote: »
    LK LUCKIN Coffee.
    has an interesting history, had some dodgy accounting, SEC went after them, looks to be coming out of it okay with a slap on the wrist, cuaght up in teh US China trade war , trading at $3 bucks was $51 5 months ago .. up 25% today

June seems so long ago ...
    LUCKIN getting the love yesterday , up 20% to 4.09 , my bep is much lower, glad I held through all the noise.
    Patience often pays off. Earnings season approaches, if they produce a clean set of books they may pop .

Now that the 'Star of The Apprentice' is back at work, more pressure builds to get a stimulus bill passed through both houses, expecting a major greeen bump from that.

Time to start thinking of how to position oneself for the election.
    GLTA

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Another european one that might be worth looking into
    ADEVINTA https://www.adevinta.com/about/

If you want to own some of daft.ie adverts & dondeal.
    i guess that means boards.ie also? if so everyone here should buy at least 1 share :D Looks like they want to own the classified ad space across europe and beyond recent enough IPO april 2019

about 12euros could be a good starting position

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

hottipper wrote: »
    Another european one that might be worth looking into
    ADEVINTA https://www.adevinta.com/about/

if so everyone here should buy at least 1 share :D

To boards, we are products, not customers or shareholders.
    Shareholders are owners, customers are marketer who pay for the product (us) to view their ads.

voluntary wrote: »
    Shareholders are owners, customers are marketer who pay for the product (us) to view their ads.

Am I missing something... I'm missing something, right?

• Advertisement

voluntary wrote: »

But if you buy a share then you make money everytime you visit boards

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The next 2 SPACs I'm in "blind" are IPOB and IPOC. No idea who the companies will end up being, but it's run by Chamath Palihapitiya, who is someone I always enjoy listening to and more importantly, is well connected. Basically I'm trusting that he will use my money wisely and find a good target company.

Looks like IPOC is going to merge with clover health
    https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1313444678524497920

I went in on the IPOB, going to keep it to see how it works out (doing well so far)
    will see how this one responds to the news

hottipper wrote: »
    Looks like IPOC is going to merge with clover health
    https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1313444678524497920

I went in on the IPOB, going to keep it to see how it works out (doing well so far)
    will see how this one responds to the news

Yeah he's on CNBC at the moment talking through it

re: post above...
    Palihapitiya was on CNBC Squak Box an hour ago, very interesting discussion . I love their panelists
    Joe and Andrew got into a great discussion about starting their own SPAC, Rick Santelli said he would sit this one out as he felt theres some SPAC fallout due.
    truth be told I was torn between his SPAC and the SPAG-bol on my plate.

EDIT : I caught the pre-discussion as someone else posted, its on just now ...

re: post above...
    Palihapitiya was on CNBC Squak Box an hour ago, very interesting discussion . I love their panelists
    Joe and Andrew got into a great discussion about starting their own SPAC, Rick Santelli said he would sit this one out as he felt theres some SPAC fallout due.
    truth be told I was torn between his SPAC and the SPAG-bol on my plate.

EDIT : I caught the pre-discussion as someone else posted, its on just now ...
    What did ya think of it? His personal interest in it seems to be fairly well aligned to my interests (ie he only makes money if I make money), Andrew seemed not too believing of it. It sounds a good company they got into. His whole "the market grows every year as more people hit 65" thing has the obvious problem of "people die too". I'll hang onto it for a bit longer anyway, see what becomes of the company.

I've got approx 1200 shares in RR which I obtained when I was in England working for the company. I've got caught out with them as they spiralled downwards to yesterdays Rights Issue announcement.

They were bought in at avg of ~£6.

My question is, what should be be planning to do now? Do I sell up and take the loss, do I just hold on, do I partake in the RI?

Hope ya didn't sell yet, up 20% since you posted this

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Yeah holding Square, have a full stable of payment stocks, Square, PayPal, Sea, StoneCo. With cash gone, why wouldn't you want a cut of every transaction in the world.

Interesting too that in the past few days, two of the Cloud-based SAAS stocks (Twilio and Alteryx) have raised guidance for Q3. This could be a monster earnings season for these stocks (Fastly, Datadog, Trade Desk, ServiceNow, Veeva)

Alteryx up 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

What did ya think of it? His personal interest in it seems to be fairly well aligned to my interests (ie he only makes money if I make money), Andrew seemed not too believing of it. It sounds a good company they got into. His whole "the market grows every year as more people hit 65" thing has the obvious problem of "people die too". I'll hang onto it for a bit longer anyway, see what becomes of the company.

CNBC are down on SPAC's generally so hard to win.

I'm close to 50% aligned on SPAC's inc. IPOC / B and PSTH with PSTH being by far my largest holding.

All thanks to your good self with your initial post on FMCI which I'm still holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Still clinging on :D
    Not sure if the is a bull trap of what is going on. There seems to be some positive news flowing out about Covid tests which might be affecting it plus some shorters getting their ducks in a line.

Not sure what to do, its so volatile. Can't figure out where my exit point should be!
    I'm in for £1200 at £4, so if it could get closer to £2, it would be a bit more palatable to exit.

does anyone think they will go sub £1prior to the RI?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I've a reasonable stake in Airbus, which I bought at 74€ in early June, it's bounced around between 60 and 75 since then, similar to your RR dilemma I'm thinking I really should cut my losses also, if it approaches anything close to breakeven again in the next few weeks I'm definitely out, I'm thinking that money would be alot better off in some tech stock that would have alot more upside potential.

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    I've a reasonable stake in Airbus, which I bought at 74€ in early June, it's bounced around between 60 and 75 since then, similar to your RR dilemma I'm thinking I really should cut my losses also, if it approaches anything close to breakeven again in the next few weeks I'm definitely out, I'm thinking that money would be alot better off in some tech stock that would have alot more upside potential.

Some Tech stock sure, A tech stock becomes more difficult ;)

At the risk of being shot, although I think it has an impact on shares, I think the markets are up specifically because of Trump's apparent health and the belief they have advanced medicine. I think that's a risky stance.

I didnt think they sold it very well, his pitch started great but finsihed weak IMO.
    Considering Social Capital have already reserved IPOA-Z ticker symbols if I miss this boat theres sure to be another coming along.
    glta

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

At the risk of being shot, although I think it has an impact on shares, I think the markets are up specifically because of Trump's apparent health and the belief they have advanced medicine. I think that's a risky stance.

Partly because he isn't dead also lol. Biden wants to introduce CGT for shares so thats spooking US investors. Biden is still leading the poles but I personally think plenty of people in the states will be quiet about voting for Trump again, I'd definitely put him leading the race still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

RR making a fool of everyone from last week :)

Has anyone got any 'penny stock' tips ? Sub 1-2-3 euro/bucks.
    Ive done well out of SOME of these sort of stocks in the past, trading the likes of BYFC,DGLY,AYRO,AYTU,TNXP,SAR,MNK,WORX,LK,PTI.

Just wondering if anyone has others on their radar.
    Will do my own research , just looking for leads , I understand caveat emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭cal naughton

Ive done well out of SOME of these sort of stocks in the past, trading the likes of BYFC,DGLY,AYRO,AYTU,TNXP,SAR,MNK,WORX,LK,PTI.

ODX on LSE. Just broke out of penny status in the last hour. News has just broken that there has been a UK government order for 175k of the companies covid 20 minutes test kits. ODX has been mentioned on here a few times. Thanks to that original poster.

ODX on LSE. Just broke out of penny status in the last hour. News has just broken that there has been a UK government order for 175k of the companies covid 20 minutes test kits. ODX has been mentioned on here a few times. Thanks to that original poster.

The good news : Yeah I tipped it a few times. Delighted if anyone benefited.
    The bad news : I sold out last week for some profit as NYCT are a bigger holding of mine and didnt feel the need to own 2 UK testing companies even if its different tests .

But it looks like I left a nice chunk of change on the table given they were 76p when I posted and now sit at 105 ...

AFAIK Just be aware its not a huge contract that ODX won, so there may be sell off late in the morning tomorrow. But again other contracts may follow in coming weeks.

Cant win em all...

Pennys:
    Im in coty inc (recovery play maybe christmas bounce), well health techs (canadian teledoc) and mindmed (weed gang might like it + backed by that kevin o leary investor thats always on cnbc) at the moment
    at your own risk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I could do with IT related stock which hasn't already doubled-tripled since March. I missed IT boat :(

Advertisement