Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Anyone watching Asana and Palantir? Any views on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Peloton jumped up nicely recently, $99 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

RIGOLO wrote: »
    boom contract landed , announcement yesterday .. :)
    I wonder what todays opening price will be, indications are £5.25 ... trading at £4.67 yesterday in London its AIM listed but you can trade it in Paris also .

double boom ... new CE approved serology test...

will exit ODX , top slice some NYCT and let the rest sit. The Abott 15 min test Trump admin demonstrated at the presser yesterday could be agame changer

EDIT:
    triple boom ..
    another plus on the NOVACYT spike is the computer quants will get burned, Voleon a supposedly AI short machine managed fund had a large short position on NYCT, 700,000 shares to cover. I wonder what HAL is saying this morning...

https://whalewisdom.com/short_position/holder/voleon-capital-management-lp

https://www.ft.com/content/87725d8e-870b-42a4-8f1b-e07ab58c354b

thanks for the info...more companies to research...thiis is a full time job onto of my ...full time job :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone watching Asana and Palantir? Any views on them?
    I use Asana and love it, but from a stock point of view, it's a very crowded market. Atlassian is probably the closest rival, and much better financials. They have spent a LOT on prodict development which is great, but the year on year growth is declining fairly rapidly. Asana gets a lot of press to the Facebook founder. I'd like to buy but would like the share price to come back closer to $20.

Oil stocks taking a beating again, some very close to March lows.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

thanks for the info...more companies to research...thiis is a full time job onto of my ...full time job :-)

AVCT ODX and NYCT are the UK AIM Covid testing companies I watch.
    fwiw I think NYCT is best value even if its at or near all time high. On top of many other positives , kit approvals and contracts it just won a contract for 150million with an option on another £100mill with the NHS, almost £250million and a mcap of only £350mill with all debt cleared.
    Its a joint UK/France setup, 70/30 float split between london and fance. You can buy it in PARIS , a bit more liquid to trade than relying on the AIM mm's

Im waiting for the new world post-covid things have fundamentally changed m&a's to start kicking off. Now that the board rooms are flush and looking to the new norm there have to be some plans afoot to snap up a few companies that have been under the radar or under appreciated given where we are headed.

I hear you , this is full time work , but isnt that the fun.

Oil stocks taking a beating again, some very close to March lows.

now why did you have to put that up there and go and spoil my afternoon... :P
    I was only planning to review my oil play portfolio positions late Q3 2021 .

now why did you have to put that up there and go and spoil my afternoon... :P
    I was only planning to review my oil play portfolio positions late Q3 2021 .

So you can add more to pay the tax man :)

European Oil stocks have stronger BS than US peers.
    Im so tempted to get some RDS

this will be an interesting day given Trumps + test, futures dropping and its a friday bad combo.
    But expecting my covid stocks to hold stronger than the broader market.

this will be an interesting day given Trumps + test, futures dropping and its a friday bad combo.
    But expecting my covid stocks to hold stronger than the broader market.

You know the markets are due a correction when they are reliant on a $750 tax paying 'Billionaire' to prop them up.

• Advertisement

You know the markets are due a correction when they are reliant on a $750 tax paying 'Billionaire' to prop them up.

luckily I understand how tax credits and deferrals work..I hope you do too it will improve your bank balance.

now lets get back to investing in companies who use the tax code to benefit the board members and sometimes even their stockholders :cool:

luckily I understand how tax credits and deferrals work..I hope you do too it will improve your bank balance.

Ah here, the $750 was the most he paid in several years. Deferred, never existed more like.

Ah here, the $750 was the most he paid in several years. Deferred, never existed more like.

Id respectfully ask you to take the politics elsewhere unless they are pertinent to benefiting the people who are on this board trying to make investment decisions..

unless of course in your wisdom you think Trumps tax returns will materially affect TSLA call options etc....

Ah here guys forget Trump for a while and look at the stocks which we can pick.

my US covid picks are green across the futures (fwiw) board

Big mask play in my portfolio is APT whihc I mentioned before , and Ive a small position in LAKE.. neither were getting much love from Wall St despite great quarters , little debt etc. .. but will benefit off of the news.

OPK (aka Bioreference labs) are under $4 and also showing green. This is a mad stock, its manipulated both internally and externally , heavily shorted but has a legit business and legit lab footprint, options interest was already looking positive before the news.

This is Friday, I think many investors will want to position into Covid stocks, PPE , testing etc for the weekend , rather than risk a deterioration in 'the man whos name we wont say' condition .

And if 'the man whos name we wont say ' does recover or be asymptomatic then I thnk that person will promote ppe, masks etc in the coming months..

glta

NYCT (Uk testing play listed Paris and AIM) are getting alot of love this morning thanks to that real estate developer getting the bug. up over 6% on a day when futures potentially drop 300+

UK NHS contract locked in, rumours of a French contract coming and given La Vielle Lumiere is back in the red zone (no not the red light zone, different thread) this could turn out to be true.

The big AI short Voleon have trimmed from .97% to .7% short holding , so they still need to exit before this blows.

Have OPK on my watchlist and probably should have got some last week when it was around $3 mark, My other Covid plays VXRT and INO, are in Red after this week's fall. hoping for a nice jump today to push me in Green :)

will exit ODX , top slice some NYCT and let the rest sit. The Abott 15 min test Trump admin demonstrated at the presser yesterday could be agame changer

well that part didnt go according to plan ... even if I was up
    ODX up 10% this morning , looks like I left some on the table..

ah well better to have it in the back pocket than to be trying to make it back ..

I didnt think we would get another buying oppurtunity.

If you believe that the 'best selling author ' will recover then this dip on a Friday is a geat oppurtunity.
    Im going to take some dry powder and put it to use.
    Gambling that he is asymptomatic, in good health no comobities and not show any ill effects. With no further negative health news over the weekend I expect the market will recover early next week.
    Oil and Travel which were low anyways are where Im looking to turn a buck and recover some oil (paper) losses ...

jobs numbers out today also, I think they will be good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

RollsRoyce hitting 17yr lows due to another 3bn loan to tide itself over. Currently 104p, my BEP is at 226p.

Stick or twist??

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »

Stick or twist??

I'd guess the market has priced in the reduction in air miles (how RR make their cash iirc) so I'd be thinking the SP is not far off rock bottom and perhaps might even be value to an extent.

I'd stick if I'd cash in RR

retalivity wrote: »
    RollsRoyce hitting 17yr lows due to another 3bn loan to tide itself over. Currently 104p, my BEP is at 226p.

Stick or twist??

+1 for stick. Possibly average down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

+1 for stick. Possibly average down.

Yeah my 'twist' was to buy more, rather than sell what I have.

Looked at RR and with a expected Rights issue, they could go down a bit further.

"What’s new. Rolls-Royce is proposing to raise £2 billion through a 10-for-three rights issue at 32 pence per share. Investors will be offered 10 shares for each three shares that they own, at a 41% discount on the theoretical post-rights price based on the stock’s close on September 30."

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CloudHopping

Was just looking through indices and most seem to have had an upward trend over last 6 months with a notable exception; IBEX 35.

Any opinion on this? Might take a while to get motoring but could it contain a lot of value stocks that will boom post COVID? Worth a punt with an ETF?

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

well that part didnt go according to plan ... even if I was up
    ODX up 10% this morning , looks like I left some on the table..

ah well better to have it in the back pocket than to be trying to make it back ..

While the ODX shareprice is being driven by Covid at the moment, they also have a second major product - an HIV test which can be used outside of laboratories.

I think it is currently being assessed by a number of African countries and the WHO. I think this is one of the few (only?) tests of this type.

http://www.omegadiagnostics.com/Products/Global-Health/Visitect-CD4-Advanced-Disease

Markets holding well and not much of a sell-off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Any thoughts on Workday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Anyone going in on some oil plays? I'm young and willing to take some risk, I recognise the short term is dismal and very long-term may not be great but looking for a 5 year play. Is shell the best bet or should I look to XOM or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

robman60 wrote: »
    Anyone going in on some oil plays? I'm young and willing to take some risk, I recognise the short term is dismal and very long-term may not be great but looking for a 5 year play. Is shell the best bet or should I look to XOM or something else?

https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2020/09/is-exxon-the-next-general-electric/

Advertisement