Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish anti-Islamic group protests mosque in Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

DeadHand wrote: »
    I appreciate that you took the opportunity to parade your liberal credentials but I wasn't asking you.

Open forum, I wasn't only replying to you, and I calls it when I sees it.

Think about what I wrote though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I appreciate that you took the opportunity to parade your liberal credentials but I wasn't asking you.

Maths has a liberal bias

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Maths has a liberal bias

You mean that as a joke but it's a fact that if you enter the number fifty-eight thousand and eight into a calculator and turn it upside down it says "straight white men are terrible, just terrible".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ah ok

At some undefined point in the future you assert that the entirety of Europe, America, Australia and New Zealand will be populated entirely by black abd asain people.

Yep

Laughable nonsense and scaremongering.

If we're all going to be black, can I be Jamaican? The accent has a quare effect on the wimminz I hear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

Kev W wrote: »
    I think Herb was parading basic mathematics there actually. :)

The bould Herb might want to whip out his Folens maths book then. There are not six million Irish people on this island.

A million see themselves as British up north, we have 544,000 non Irish residents in the south as of 2011 and inward migration is at 56,000. The native Irish population is nowhere near six million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

The bould Herb might want to whip out his Folens maths book then. There are not six million Irish people on this island.

A million see themselves as British up north, we have 544,000 non Irish residents in the south as of 2011 and inward migration is at 56,000. The native Irish population is nowhere near six million.

What's native Irish ? You mean white people born here ?

What's native Irish ? You mean white people born here ?

A person living here who is part of the Irish ethnic group.

• Advertisement

Has one found a way of removing British/Norwegian genes now ? Sure Red hair is not even Native to here.

Has one found a way of removing British/Norwegian genes now ? Sure Red hair is not even Native to here.

Perhaps he's found a solution. A final one, as it were.

From the earlier article posted by user MadsL -
    DNA testing through the male Y chromosome has shown that Irish males have the highest incidence of the haplogroup 1 gene in Europe. While other parts of Europe have integrated contiuous waves of new settlers from Asia, Ireland's remote geographical position has meant that the Irish gene-pool has been less susceptible to change. The same genes have been passed down from parents to children for thousands of years. 

This is mirrored in genetic studies which have compared DNA analysis with Irish surnames. Many surnames in Irish are Gaelic surnames, suggesting that the holder of the surname is a descendant of people who lived in Ireland long before the English conquests of the Middle Ages. Men with Gaelic surnames, showed the highest incidences of Haplogroup 1 (or Rb1) gene. This means that those Irish whose ancestors pre-date English conquest of the island are direct descendants of early stone age settlers who migrated from Spain. 
    Nodin wrote:
    Perhaps he's found a solution. A final one, as it were.

Grotesque comment. Making holocaust jokes and references because I simply stated that the Irish are a distinct ethnic group? The article clearly states that the same genes have been passed on for thousands of years and that most Irish people are direct descendants of the first inhabitants of this island.

From the earlier article posted by user MadsL -

Grotesque comment. Making holocaust jokes and references because I simply stated that the Irish are a distinct ethnic group? The article clearly states that the same genes have been passed on for thousands of years and that most Irish people are direct descendants of the first inhabitants of this island.

Where does it say that ?

So if I see myself as African, will I then be of an African ethnicity, thus doing my part in reducing the "Irish" population?

Not exactly how it works.

Anyway, your figures still show the whole idea as being utter nonsense.

So if I see myself as African, will I then be of an African ethnicity, thus doing my part in reducing the "Irish" population?

Not exactly how it works.

Anyway, your figures still show the whole idea as being utter nonsense.

I suggest that when you finish with the Folens maths book to look up a Eurostat document entitled "Fewer, older and multicultural? Projections of the EU populations by foreign/national background" by Giampaolo Lanzieri and then get back to me if you still think the idea of us becoming a minority/plurality in our own country is utter nonsense.

It's far from it, I'm afraid. It will happen in my lifetime. You can scoff all you want but Lanzieri is the senior statistician at the Statistical Office of the European Union. As things stand, we have the fifth highest foreign born population, per capita, in the EEA.

• Advertisement

I suggest that when you finish with the Folens maths book to look up a Eurostat document entitled "Fewer, older and multicultural? Projections of the EU populations by foreign/national background" by Giampaolo Lanzieri and then get back to me if you still think the idea of us becoming a minority/plurality in our own country is utter nonsense.

It's far from it, I'm afraid. It will happen in my lifetime. You can scoff all you want but Lanzieri is the senior statistician at the Statistical Office of the European Union. As things stand, we have the fifth highest foreign born population, per capita, in the EEA.

So are we suggesting that a few people sharing genes with ancestors is some kind of master Irish race ? Focusing on a tiny part of ones DNA without taking the whole into account is pretty bad.

...and?

So are we suggesting that a few people sharing genes with ancestors is some kind of master Irish race ? Focusing on a tiny part of ones DNA without taking the whole into account is pretty bad.

No, I'm saying that the Irish are a distinct and unique ethnic group. Do you dispute this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

From the earlier article posted by user MadsL
    Just because there's a high incidence of a particular gene doesn't mean Ireland is full of pure breed people. We've been invaded countless times, By french, Spanish, English. My name is originally french, you'll find there's probably as many foreign names as there is Irish, and even names we think are Irish come from some other part of Europe.

Ireland didn't live in Isolation at any stage, we were always trading as can be proven by the fact animals like cattle and sheep aren't native to Ireland. We're not even pure homo sapiens, we have bits of other human like animals in us when homo sapiens migrated out of Africa and started riding the neanderthal people they found in Europe.

People always mingled, the further back you go the more they mingled, because our ideas of nations didn't exist to them, they could go where they pleased and mix with whoever they wanted.

No, I'm saying that the Irish are a distinct and unique ethnic group. Do you dispute this?

You mean Spanish ?

• Advertisement

You mean Spanish ?

Holocaust jokes, one liners and this nonsensical response. I think you people are just trying to wum now.

All the best.

Holocaust jokes, one liners and this nonsensical response. I think you people are just trying to wum now.

All the best.

What jokes, There is only one person going on about some kind of Pure Irish race.

What jokes, There is only one person going on about some kind of Pure Irish race.

I said that the Irish are a distinct ethnic group not a pure race. There is a difference between the two. Ask Herb to root out his old school dictionary to lend to you when he goes looking for that Folens maths book from his mala scoile.

Thinking about the time when Ireland was plundered for slaves there's probably authentic Irish genes all over the world. I know there's plenty in the black people of barbados, they even kept the Irish accent in some parts of the Island..

The whole idea of a pure ethnic groups is the biggest load of bolloxology there is. Pure ethnic groups would be a genetic bog where genes go to die. The human animal has always gone to great lengths to spread it genes far and wide and outside of it's immediate groups, you could even see that desire as the route of a lot of nomadic cultures.

All the best.

...sez "RichardCeann".

I'll scoff away biy.

Not a single one of the four models he presents shows Irish becoming a minority in Ireland. In fact, barring two or three countries, nowhere in the EU will experience a minority of native-born.

I said that the Irish are a distinct ethnic group not a pure race. There is a difference between the two. Ask Herb to root out his old school dictionary to lend to you when he goes looking for that Folens maths book from his mala scoile.

There is no Pure group, One just decided to declare it after people came from Spain.

There is no Pure group, One just decided to declare it after people came from Spain.
    Our Basque brothers. Still genetically very similar to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

na·tive
    ˈnādiv/
    noun
    a person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth, whether subsequently resident there or not.
    "a native of Montreal"

adjective
    associated with the country, region, or circumstances of a person's birth.
    "he's a native New Yorker"
    synonyms: mother, vernacular, first
    "her native tongue"

If someone is born here, they are an Irish native.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So you'd happily live in an Ireland in which the Irish are a minority?

It wouldn't bother me. Once my neighbours are decent people who don't cause trouble I couldn't care less where they come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Ah ok

At some undefined point in the future you assert that the entirety of Europe, America, Australia and New Zealand will be populated entirely by black abd asain people.

Yep

Laughable nonsense and scaremongering.

So if indigenous people of europe can't make enough babies to sustain the population , and hundreds of thousands of immigrants with much higher brith rates enter europe annually, what exactly do you think will happen?

wakka12 wrote: »
    So if indigenous people of europe can't make enough babies to sustain the population , and hundreds of thousands of immigrants with much higher brith rates enter europe annually, what exactly do you think will happen?

If they are moderate and assimilate why does one care ? I can get people being afraid of Religious nut jobs.

eviltwin wrote: »
    It wouldn't bother me. Once my neighbours are decent people who don't cause trouble I couldn't care less where they come from.

Can you show me a country in history where the natives became a minority and it worked out well for them? Just one will do.

Can you show me a country in history where the natives became a minority and it worked out well for them? Just one will do.

You mean White Europeans killing everyone ? What's that got to do with black or brown immigrants ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

All the racist pigs will die of shock and the natives of ireland will live happily ever after..THE END

eviltwin wrote: »

Only a self hating sadist would cheer on and welcome becoming a minority/plurality in their own native homeland. What is the point of this country, if not a homeland for the Irish people?

If they are moderate and assimilate why does one care ? I can get people being afraid of Religious nut jobs.

The thing is a majority can't assimilate and become like the minority present. When european countries do become majority migrant and their descendants, it'll change forever. You only need to look at Sweden and the UK to see the majority of migrants stay in ethnic enclaves around people from their home countries or similar cultures. If you move to a new country why would you assimilate? I totally get where they coming from.

If I had to move to Germany for work because Ireland was hypothetically poor and there was a large irish immigrant population there then I would stay amongst irish people . I wouldn't go through the trouble of learning german or 'becoming german' because well I like being Irish and I like speaking English. Im only here for economic reasons.

And thats how it is for the vast vast majority of immigrants.

Only a self hating sadist would cheer on and welcome becoming a minority/plurality in their own native homeland. What is the point of this country, if not a homeland for the Irish people?

Name a European country White Europeans are in the Minority ?

All the racist pigs will die of shock and the natives of ireland will live happily ever after..THE END

It is now racist to not want to ever become a mere minority in your own country? This is pure insanity. Outside of the western world, you would be laughed at if you suggested that the natives of a country should welcome immigration so far as to become minorities in their own land.

• Advertisement

The thing is a majority can't assimilate and become like the minority present. When european countries do become majority migrant and their descendants, it'll change forever. You only need to look at Sweden and the UK to see the majority of migrants stay in ethnic enclaves around people from their home countries or similar cultures. If you move to a new country why would you assimilate? I totally get where they coming from.

If I had to move to Germany for work because Ireland was hypothetically poor and there was a large irish immigrant population there then I would stay amongst irish people . I wouldn't go through the trouble of learning german or 'becoming german' because well I like being Irish and I like speaking English. Im only here for economic reasons.

And thats how it is for the vast vast majority of immigrants.

True but here Migrant kids seem to assimilate very well. There are a few exceptions obviously.

It is now racist to not want to ever become a mere minority in your own country? This is pure insanity. Outside of the western world, you would be laughed at if you suggested that the natives of a country should welcome immigration so far as to become minorities in their own land.

Are you a Minority ? Immigration has been happening throughout history.

True but here Migrant kids seem to assimilate very well. There are a few exceptions obviously.

I agree actually. There doesn't seem to be any ethnic enclave-y things here yet at least. Idk maybe Irelands just doing multiculturalism better than the UK and Sweden did. But anyway..Im happy the way Ireland is now. I don't want it to become like the UK and sweden with no go areas ruled by sharia law

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

It is when you use the argruments spouted by those fuktards linked to in the OP.

Are you a Minority ? Immigration has been happening throughout history.

Not on the scale that's coming into European nations at present. It's unprecedented.

• Advertisement

I agree actually. There doesn't seem to be any ethnic enclave-y things here yet at least. Idk maybe Irelands just doing multiculturalism better than the UK and Sweden did. But anyway..Im happy the way Ireland is now. I don't want it to become like the UK and sweden with no go areas ruled by sharia law

I know exactly what you mean, And I can't explain away the problems in other EU countries and why they are having issues. It's odd.

Not on the scale that's coming into European nations at present. It's unprecedented.

I would only worry about them ISIS lads tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I can't give you any examples. I'm talking about my views on where I live, an area that was 90% white Irish when I moved in is now about 50% Irish, it's one of the most multicultural parts of Ireland, my son's school is the most culturally diverse in the country ( 90% non irish background although most of those were born here)

You know what? This area has only improved since outsiders started moving in. There is a better community spirit, more community activities and any problems here are almost exclusively caused by white Irish people. So, no, I'm not afraid or concerned. The people here are normal families just trying to get by like everyone else. The area I grew up in is still almost all white and I wouldn't want to go back to that.

You must live in Fingal. Have a look at the housing list and rate of welfare reliance of the new arrivals in that area and then tell me again that everything is grand. Over half on the housing list are non Irish. Over a quarter, non European. The figures are all available online and in the CSO offices.

It's a United Nations welfare centre. You might get the warm and fuzzies but without massive continued government expenditure these multicultural places would fall apart. Then the fun and games would really start. Is this model feasible for the rest of the nation? It's a socioeconomic experiment and a very expensive one at that.

You must live in Fingal. Have a look at the housing list and rate of welfare reliance of the new arrivals in that area and then tell me again that everything is grand. Over half on the housing list are non Irish. Over a quarter, non European. The figures are all available online and in the CSO offices.

It's a United Nations welfare centre. You might get the warm and fuzzies but without massive continued government expenditure these multicultural places would fall apart. Then the fun and games would really start. Is this model feasible for the rest of the nation? It's a socioeconomic experiment and a very expensive one at that.

I can't remember if the Immigrants are taking our jobs or they are all on the dole... :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement