Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Annoyingly Trivial Things-Bitches be cray cray week.

• 19-05-2017 11:11am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Welcome to the newnew Trivial Annoyance thread. Breathe in that new new thread smell, embrace it and then let fly with your TA's (Trivial Annoyances)

But before you do, there are some rules. These are the rules that will be strictly enforced. If they are broken they will be punished in a way that will trivially annoy you. It may be a ban of random length, it may be a public flogging, it may be a thread ban, you may need to serve an embarrassing punishment before you are allowed to return.

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA.
    - By all means agree with someone's TA, but show how it annoys you as well.
    - Each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - Did I mention that each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - If you were banned from a previous Trivial Things That Annoy You thread, you're also banned from this thread.

Old thread is here

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Closed for review

...but now open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by Danny Healy Rae and his nonsense

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Closed for review

And we're back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

People opening and closing threads on forums really annoy the hell out of me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mods on power trips, opening and closing threads on a whim. Especially those mods who don't show the appropriate care for their daughters' teddy bears. Nobody specific, mind you.

Also, mods who attach 'broken' pictures to their last post in a now-closed thread. Nobody specific, mind you.

Yeah, some non specific mods are bollixes :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    - Did I mention that each post must contain a trivial annoyance.

TA that that ^ didn't end with a question mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The thread title reminding me of how David Beckham talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm vegetarian, and *vegans annoy the crap out of me with their militant, sanctimonious prattling and preaching to others. You only have to look at any vegan group on facebook and it's a pit of people squabbling about palm oil, fake meat and vegan pets. Anyway, the latest thing stirring them up is the introduction of lab grown meat and it trivially (or perhaps greatly) annoys me that the majority of them are reacting with such negativity and hostility. OK so one animal had to be used to get the original stem cells, but after that it is essentially "grown" meat. if they don't want to eat it because they don't like the taste of meat, fine. But they cant seem to see beyond their own repulsion to realize that largely this move actually fits with their ethos. Potentially, if meat eaters come on board, this could reduce the number of animals that are bred, made to suffer and then killed. The figure is somewhere in the billions, and we have an opportunity to reduce this, maybe greatly. But no, the sanctimonious little sh*tes are against it because well "eugh that's soooooo gross!"

*some/ a lot of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Stupid Period. I don't think I've ever felt as sore or as sick with it as I do this morning. ;( ;( I think I might be dying. Pray for me!

Also t.a.'ed that Boards doesn't have a crying Emoji.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Grey cloth tracksuit bottoms. Actually grey cloth tracksuit ensembles complete with the top half too. Often they're overweight and they just look like teletubbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't know if this will upload to the thread, bt, trying to get eyeliner right this morning is like the Father Ted scene where Ted tried to fix the Cortina with a hammer.

putting-eyeliner-on.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Tesco self service machines and their stupid change. Am owed 55c, so it gives me 3x 10c coins and 5x 5c coins. Why??? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Being stuck indoors in work looking out at the sunshine :(

Putting on weight even though I have been good all week*. If I'd known I was going to put on weight I would have eaten a large 4-cheese pizza so I could at least feel like I'd knocked a bit of craic out of it.

* Wasn't really good all week as three bottles of shiraz died a death and on more than one occasion one of my five-a-day was a slice of lime cosying up beside rocks, tonic and vodka. TA admitting defeat and finally accepting that alcohol does indeed have calories.

TA that alcohol has calories - it doesn't fill you and it's not food!

I found a stainless steel set of icepop moulds and thought thy're great as they'd last forever and there's no plastic anywhere on them. I decided to use them today as the weather's heating up and I'm expecting friends with children to visit this weekend.
    I washed and filled them with this mixture of juices and fruit puree I found in an online recipe, quite pleased with myself now (they're supposed to turn out all swirly!), and carried them over to the fridge, and realised the freezer box has an epic display of stalactites and there's no way it's going to fit in.

Is there some kind of gas cannister somewhere behind the plastic walls of freezers that you can damage if you try to chisel ice out of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Landlords who ask stupid of visitors to tenants and proceed to tell them how hard it is to make money as a landlord. Even tho tenant is paying what she is asked(and it's not cheap, even for dub)!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Is there some kind of gas cannister somewhere behind the plastic walls of freezers that you can damage if you try to chisel ice out of it?

The gas is in the 'serpentine' that runs under the plastic surface, it's all those snake-like ridges you see, usually on the base but in some freezer also on the walls and 'ceiling'.

If you need to defrost it quickly, a hairdryer is your friend - just be careful or it'll be a shocking experience. In every sense. Also, if the hairdryer is on a very hot setting it could damage the freezer because of the temperature difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I found a stainless steel set of icepop moulds and thought thy're great as they'd last forever and there's no plastic anywhere on them. I decided to use them today as the weather's heating up and I'm expecting friends with children to visit this weekend.
    I washed and filled them with this mixture of juices and fruit puree I found in an online recipe, quite pleased with myself now (they're supposed to turn out all swirly!), and carried them over to the fridge, and realised the freezer box has an epic display of stalactites and there's no way it's going to fit in.

The mother always used to put a bowl of hot water inside to defrost it.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    The gas is in the 'serpentine' that runs under the plastic surface, it's all those snake-like ridges you see, usually on the base but in some freezer also on the walls and 'ceiling'.

If you need to defrost it quickly, a hairdryer is your friend - just be careful or it'll be a shocking experience. In every sense. Also, if the hairdryer is on a very hot setting it could damage the freezer because of the temperature difference.

Thanks. Guess what broke down yesterday? I only bought my hairdryer in March! I almost posted it as a TA.

I'd better defrost it properly, there's still time :)

Thanks, Gramar, I just saw that now

A steam cleaner would also work very well.
    gramar wrote: »
    The mother always used to put a bowl of hot water inside to defrost it.

I'd say if she had enough room in it for a bowl of hot water she'd have enough room for the ice-pop moulds. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I was at my car in work a couple of weeks ago, when a woman who I've only spoken with over the phone (recognised her from her voice) asked me where did I work. Told her, and she looks at my car and says "you're doing OK for yourself aren't you?".

I was just up helping the same wagon with an issue and she asked me am I off to a party "looking like that".

Fcuk off ya bitter aul cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd that 'breathe' is misspelled in the opening post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ppl who use txt spk on soc media OMG day tink dats easyr 2 reed but isnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

New Home wrote: »
    A steam cleaner would also work very well.

I'd say if she had enough room in it for a bowl of hot water she'd have enough room for the ice-pop moulds. ;)

TAed that posts in a thread about TAing things doesn't reference anything that is TAing.

TA'd that 'breathe' is misspelled in the opening post.

No it's not :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

When the car in front of you in the multi storey car park queue decides to wait for the woman just arriving back at her car to put all her bags, the twins, the twin buggy and herself away, so that she can have that particular space, even though the woman has to fix her lipstick and her hair and ring her mother before she actually moves off.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

people who don't pay attention to their takeaway coffee order forcing the waiter to constantly shout it out, holding up the show for everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    No it's not :cool:

You cannot hide from the 'last edited' button :D The opening post is feasible to my eyes now!

Eugh. I dropped into Pennys at lunchtime and left with a heap of TAs.

- no long lasting lipsticks except in colours that are most likely officially called "Shite of the Night", "Kerb-Krawlin' Krimson" and "Pubic Lice Entice"
    - a flock of French students standing around with backpacks and high-spirited laughter and the general care-free joy of youth
    -looking like an absolute fucking heifer in the fitting room, and barely squeezing into the top I brought in "in a bigger size aswell just in case"
    -a t-shirt with "hands off my bump" printed on it. Would you get over yourself, nobody wants to touch your bump. Maybe you should have worn the "hands off my muff" one nine months ago and we could all get a bit of peace
    -the gym gear section called "Sweat Squad"
    -people dashing around the place in all directions.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

No sign of my bleedin courier��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA that I spent 5 minutes reading the start of the last thread becuse someone put a link in the last post...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Took too many painkillers for a toothache and feel massively trippy. Are those my feet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

TA'd that a bloke just mistook me for a lady on another thread and said

"you've lost the run of yourself woman" to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Really worried about the title of this thread :P

I am annoyed by people trying to get one over on me. You can't say anything these days without someone picking you up wrong. Also misunderstandings which upset everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's been a while since I mentioned this but I experienced it again recently and need to get it off my chest.

People who smoke outside hospitals in the no smoke section. Selfish ****ing ****ers.

I've a relative with breathing difficulties and I was bringing them home. We had to walk by two women who were squating on the ground DIRECTLY below a "no smoking" sign while a voice over the PA tried in vain to tell people not to. Inconsiderate b*tches

Weird texts from people you don't know what they're on about. Everyone freaking out over nothing for no reason, general chaos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

TA'd that Boards is now blocked at work :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    It's been a while since I mentioned this but I experienced it again recently and need to get it off my chest.

People who smoke outside hospitals in the no smoke section. Selfish ****ing ****ers.

I've a relative with breathing difficulties and I was bringing them home. We had to walk by two women who were squating on the ground DIRECTLY below a "no smoking" sign while a voice over the PA tried in vain to tell people not to. Inconsiderate b*tches

That is a TA of mine, too. I saw a man lighting one before he'd even exited the main door of the hospital, and lots of people standing right outside the main doors, puffing like chimneys.

There are no actual smoking area that I know of so I don't mind people doing it as far out of sight as possible, if they're not smoking 'on top of' others.

Horrible for your relative to have to put up with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Going to court and expecting justice only to find out that our legal system is really a big manipulated joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I think phrases like "could you clarify that" and "please explain" have been barred by the sjw's, I assume to incite outrage where there is no need.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The Monkees are blaring out right next to me and I am zero impressed. I can't concentrate with that rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The Monkees are blaring out right next to me and I am zero impressed. I can't concentrate with that rubbish.

My wife said she would leave me because of my obsession with The Monkees.

I thought she was bluffing... but then I saw her face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

everlast75 wrote: »
    My wife said she would leave me because of my obsession with The Monkees.

I thought she was bluffing... but then I saw her face

Mod-Not a ta. :D Thread banned.Post a video of yourself holding today's newspaper singing daydream believer to be unbanned :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bredabe wrote: »
    I think phrases like "could you clarify that" and "please explain" have been barred by the sjw's, I assume to incite outrage where there is no need.

People who use the tired cliche of SJWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

All the people that I have messaged and emailed will ye feicing get back to me!! I'm waiting on yere replies like to do various things. :rolleyes: GAWWDDDD! AARRGGHHHH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

You know when you're on the loo and you've to open a fresh roll of toilet roll and they've sealed it all sh!te so you end up half tearing a length of roll for a few goes to try and get a proper full toilet roll. That's a right pain in the arse (TA).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

A feicin exam tomorrow. This 'self improvement' is a dose of ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Hives. Little lumps of itchy evil.

Dammit strawberries, why do you hate me so much when I have nothing but love for you :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement