Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options
  • 21-04-2016 8:29pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the new Trivial Annoyance thread. Breath in that new thread smell, embrace it and then let fly with your TA's (Trivial Annoyances)

But before you do, there are some rules. These are the rules that will be strictly enforced. If they are broken they will be punished in a way that will trivially annoy you. It may be a ban of random length, it may be a public flogging, it may be a thread ban, you may need to serve an embarrassing punishment before you are allowed to return.

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA.
    - By all means agree with someone's TA, but show how it annoys you as well.
    - Each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - Did I mention that each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - If you were banned from a previous Trivial Things That Annoy You thread, you're also banned from this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Welcome to the new Trivial Annoyance thread. Breath in that new thread smell, embrace it and then let fly with your TA's (Trivial Annoyances)

But before you do, there are some rules. These are the rules that will be strictly enforced. If they are broken they will be punished in a way that will trivially annoy you. It may be a ban of random length, it may be a public flogging, it may be a thread ban, you may need to serve an embarrassing punishment before you are allowed to return.

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA.
    - By all means agree with someone's TA, but show how it annoys you as well.
    - Did I mention that each post must contain a trivial annoyance.

Woohoo..

*cough

I mean...

I'm trivially annoyed it took this long to set up a new thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

TA'd at the misspelling :D

(I like to think that you did that on purpose, just to kick things off though)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daibh

Slow drivers who then suddenly speed through an amber light, leaving you stuck hollering obscenities at a red.

TA'd that Booms_Baps is not the king of boards :D

Also TA'd that after getting my car all lovely and shiny damn birds go and poop all over it.

Very TA'd that I'm struggling to fight my treat cravings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that so many celebs on Twitter show their "grief" over the passing of other celebs.
    No, Keavy from B*witched, you never knew Prince and he never knew you and nobody wants to see you tweeting your grief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'm sliiighhhtly TA'd that Boom_Bap didn't take on board osarusan's excellent suggestion for an alternative name for this thread.

It's never too late you know...

When you feel your phone vibrate in your pocket, you take it out, and low and behold, no notification. Sometimes it happens and I realize my phone is in my other pocket. I'm convinced that my leg just spasms habitually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Whenever a mod has to repeat something several fupping times.
    I heard you the first time. No posts containing a trival annoyance.
    right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

When you feel your phone vibrate in your pocket, you take it out, and low and behold, no notification. Sometimes it happens and I realize my phone is in my other pocket. I'm convinced that my leg just spasms habitually.

thats phone cancer

TA'ed my life is entirely without direction atm

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Trivially annoyed I bought nice big ribs and they turned out to just be fat and bone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

I don't mind drivers pulling out in front of me and slightly miss-judging the distance but ffs step on the gas and don't make me stand on my breaks to avoid rear ending you because of your error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that I can't remember any of the trivial things that annoyed me over the last while when I had no thread to post them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

F*cking YouTube - trying to find Prince's "starfish and coffee" and it throws up 100+ videos - either ****ty cover versions or some tosser sticking his own song up instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Actually one that really annoys me. When I have a bunch of items and let someone with one thing go before me, then they hold up the fupping place by either paying out in 10 cent coins or else using a debit card that's declined or some bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA'd that I was sitting waiting for old thread to be unlocked instead of clicking the link to this one...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA that I'm finding so much impossible to figure out how to do on new boards.

High five to me for managing to make this post, but so much I'm missing tonight.

Hopefully it'll get easier and figure it out in time, but grr, miss it.

Edit: TA that as soon as I posted that it switched to the old version, but back again to the new version as soon as I canme back into this.

Bedtime, I think;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The part who threw his takeaway wrappers into the ditch across from my house - after I spent an hour litter picking along the road this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

People stirring tea for more than 4 seconds. Bstadssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Putting on a lovely warm pants straight from the dryer and burning myself eith the zips on the pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Being too tired to get off the couch and go to bed, being wide awake after brushing my teeth when I finally do go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

TA is people taking snapchat selfies in pubs but have to strike about 7 poses before they are happy with the results.

Bonus TA:group of young ones all lined up in a kitchen with a hand on hip for a photo pose.

It's extremely irrational but for some reason it bugs the sh!t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

TA-ed that, in all the hullabaloo about the death of Prince, the death of another Soul giant, Percy Sledge, has gone practically unnoticed. :(

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

bnt wrote: »
    TA-ed that, in all the hullabaloo about the death of Prince, the death of another Soul giant, Percy Sledge, has gone practically unnoticed. :(

eh, that was last year...

Tied you didn't notice that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Incidental......don't know that word...continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Wen ppl cnstntly feel da need 2 typ lik dis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

How the phrase 'trivially annoyed' garbles the distinction between something that mildly irks you in an inconsequential way & something small & trifling, but with the ability to turn you into a foaming at the mouth type of man beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Boo Hiss - Heartburn!
    I had 2 hot cross buns earlier for my tea and be the holy moly the heartburn is unreal. I cannot wait for this pregnancy to get to term..

My internet radio has gremlins. It has turned itself on down in the kitchen and I'm too lazy to get out of bed to turn it off.

(Yea the TA thread is back!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Trivially Annoyed that BB would have the temerity to abbreviate "Trivial Annoyance" to TA and that so many would follow suit.

FFS TA is thanks or territorial army or Tantalum or teaching assistant or Tera-ampere or the sixteenth letter of the Arabic alphabet or TACA Airlines in San Salvador or an album by Trans Am or Tis in Irish, NOT and I repeat NOT trivial annoyance.

Haven't I got enough nonrememberable abbreviations to confuse me without making up another.
    Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The fuss made of conor mcgregor over one stupid tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

When words like organisation come up with a red mark underneath on the internet, even though it's the correct spelling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement