Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are we going for protein?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Mine is still sitting in DPD depo uk!

At least you know where it is...or do you;) Even when mine said "Your parcel is at our sortation facility", it never named the depot. I now think it was always lost somewhere in the mess...could be anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Cole wrote: »
    At least you know where it is...or do you;) Even when mine said "Your parcel is at our sortation facility", it never named the depot. I now think it was always lost somewhere in the mess...could be anywhere.
    Thats where it says mine is lol i was just paraphrasing!
    And funnily enough my protein have stated to me its lost and will send out a replacement ive yet to receive the new updated dispatch email ,that was 2 days ago so ill be onto them again in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not just them tbh. I've (a non-protein related) package sat with AddressPal showing Heathrow since early December. And Amazon (even with Prime) giving very long delivery times at the moment. It's a complete clusterf*ck.

Luckily, I'm still fairly well stocked on whey, so I'll be waiting to see how this plays out before pulling the trigger on the next 45-50% offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

We're seeing this with a lot of our packages (we have outlets here and the UK - and distribute stock between them too), it's not the costs or companies etc it's the tailback re clearance, Customs, they simply weren't ready for the avalanche of paperwork either side.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

I buy Truetein protein from predator nutrition.

It's a good protein powder option - whey, casein and egg white based.. and more importantly by far the tastiest I've ever had. The vanilla flavour one (only flavour I tasted) mixed with your choice of milk product (like actual milk / soy / etc etc) legit tastes like an actual milkshake. Especially if you mix it and then put it back in the fridge to chill a while.

I never mixed it with water so I can't say how it tastes like that.

Haven't bought any since Brexit and there are postage issues now so no idea how long shipping would take in current climate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Ordered Fri night from HP Nutrition, delivered before 11am today - that's service. IMG_9107.jpg

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Not just them tbh. I've (a non-protein related) package sat with AddressPal showing Heathrow since early December. And Amazon (even with Prime) giving very long delivery times at the moment. It's a complete clusterf*ck.

Luckily, I'm still fairly well stocked on whey, so I'll be waiting to see how this plays out before pulling the trigger on the next 45-50% offer!

At least you know where it is. The myprotein/DPD tracking gives really vague 'updates' and is completely inaccurate. Apparently it's been 'delivered'...but nobody can say where the parcel is. I reckon this will be a long drawn out process of waiting and/or chasing refunds.

For anyone who is thinking of ordering from myprotein, a quick update for your consideration.

My DPD UK tracking was happily telling me earlier that my parcel was on its way and would be delivered today. The only problem was...it was on its way back to myprotein's address!

Then it told me it was successfully delivered, but myprotein have told me they didn't receive it and the scans are wrong...on lots of items I presume...and they're following it up. Not sure who is at fault for that, but one things for sure, it's a mess...and I get the sense that myprotein haven't a clue what they're doing with the whole Brexit thing.

In the interests of fairness, myprotein have informed me that they are re-sending orders returned to them by DPD UK (including mine) with a different company and it will have "delivery duty paid". It seems to be pot luck who you get in customer service...finally got a very helpful person who was clued in. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭antimatterx

My was due to be delivered yesterday (via MyProtein) and it's stuck in a DPD warehouse.

****ing useless.

• Advertisement

My was due to be delivered yesterday (via MyProtein) and it's stuck in a DPD warehouse.

****ing useless.

I presume it's coming from the UK, so it's either back with myprotein or on its way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

I ordered from Myprotein on the 27/12 and the tracking redirects to Hermes. No tracking beyond 2 Jan with estimate of the 8-12 Jan. No sign and no update since the 2nd. Has anyone had Myprotein orders done with Hermes? Not sure even where my parcel is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

henke wrote: »
    Has anyone had Myprotein orders done with Hermes? Not sure even where my parcel is.
    I haven't ordered since the end of the transition period, but I think they've been Hermes UK side for ages?

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I haven't ordered since the end of the transition period, but I think they've been Hermes UK side for ages?

Could be. I have contacted them on chat and they said they would issue a refund or replacement. Opted for refund with the Brexit mess. Waiting for that to be processed. Have ordered from Hp nutrition in the meantime.

Just to add to my first experience of HP. Placed an order yesterday at 1.46 pm. Just arrived at my door in Donegal from the post man at 10.20am. Under 24 hours to the other side of the country. I don't think you can possibly get much quicker delivery than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bodyfirst making hay while the DPD/MP debacle shines:

Screenshot-2021-01-14-102941.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Yes I would of thought so and they also have quicker delivery times than Myprotein.

ive used bulkpowders.ie for maybe 10years or so .
    In the last year they change delivery company and things took a lot longer.
    complained last 2 orders but tbh they didn't really care.

I've about 2/3 months whey left but after that i'll be getting a new supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

I ended up buying of rosnutrition and was delivered next day, they've 30% off as well at the moment using code recover if anyone is interested.

I ordered with AOB Nutrition on Tuesday and it was delivered this morning...very happy with that...never used them before. They stock myprotein products and seem a good bit cheaper than bodyfirst (just had a quick glance). Impact Whey is pretty much the same price as ordering directly from myprotein.ie and you're supporting an Irish business.

https://aobnutrition.ie/

I ordered with AOB Nutrition on Tuesday and it was delivered this morning...very happy with that...never used them before. They stock myprotein products and seem a good bit cheaper than bodyfirst (just had a quick glance). Impact Whey is pretty much the same price as ordering directly from myprotein.ie and you're supporting an Irish business.

https://aobnutrition.ie/

Surprised they have MP impact whey so cheap since it's a fiver cheaper than in the MP site (and Bodyfirst)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭antimatterx

My order from MyProtein (being delivered by DPD) has apparently been delivered by DPD.

This is a lie. It's not in my house, I know nobody with the signature they claim to have, and I always get a text from DPD when I'm getting a delivery, not this time. I happened to check the tracker and the status went from "missing" to "delivered" and they remove the "missing" status completely from the history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Mine was returned from DPD and now being delivered with Fedex!
    Its currently in UK but looks to be on the move!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Got mine in Holland and Barrett nutgrove.
    Gold standard whey mint choc 2lb 26.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

****ing useless.

What's the deal? I order off myprotein.ie today. Should I not have? :p

timeToLive wrote: »
    What's the deal? I order off myprotein.ie today. Should I not have? :p

The Irish domain will make no difference. They still have issues shopping to Ireland primarily because of DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Abcryan123

My order from MyProtein (being delivered by DPD) has apparently been delivered by DPD.

This is a lie. It's not in my house, I know nobody with the signature they claim to have, and I always get a text from DPD when I'm getting a delivery, not this time. I happened to check the tracker and the status went from "missing" to "delivered" and they remove the "missing" status completely from the history.

This happened here late November, it said the order was delivered but came a week after the latest advisory delivery date. Customer service said that it was with the courier. Not sure if this was all due to Brexit or the volume of deliveries, nevertheless the tracking was very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I have an order on the way from My Protein. The tracking says it's with Fastway.
    Ordered on Jan 14th and dispatched from UK(I presume) the following day. Still not scanned in to Fastway's system
    Has anyone had to pay any customs or anything?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have an order on the way from My Protein. The tracking says it's with Fastway.
    Ordered on Jan 14th and dispatched from UK(I presume) the following day. Still not scanned in to Fastway's system

I hope not. I ordered today too.

From their site ;
    For customers located in the EU, we will despatch from our distribution centre within the EU. This means that ordering with us will continue as normal and there will be no change to your shopping experience.

Gumbo wrote: »

From their site ;

Yeah it seems that bit on their website is not entirely true

Gumbo wrote: »

From their site ;

I saw that on their website alright but my order seems to have originated in the UK so I'm dubious of their claims to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

For anyone ordering from MyProtein, I've found the Eddie Hall 37% off code "BEAST" often provides a better discount than whatever promotion they are running on the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Abcryan123

Patsy167 wrote: »
    For anyone ordering from MyProtein, I've found the Eddie Hall 37% off code "BEAST" often provides a better discount than whatever promotion they are running on the site

Revolut also have good discounts if you have the app, 38% off atm with REVOLUT38 :)

so what whey do people order off my protein or hp nutrition etc that compares to gold standard whey?
    is the my protein stuff better than gold standard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

tom1ie wrote: »
    so what whey do people order off my protein or hp nutrition etc that compares to gold standard whey?

Impact whey from MP

If you want a better quality go with isolate.

Will you notice any difference between the two? Apart from in the pocket then no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

7nutrition isolate is about the same price as on whey,
    Their concentrate is cheaper, olimp is in or round same as on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Myprotien order arrived just now, ordered on the 12th so look like they've sorted issues, a bit slower than usual maybe but it got here with no issue.

Compare the protein content, e.g. grams of protein per 100g of product.

Not all whey is equal and all that.

Not to pick on any specifically but just to give an idea, BSN Syntha 6 has 64.8g per 100g, Olimp Whey Protein Complex has 75g protein per 100g, ON Gold Standard as 80g protein per 100g, MyProtein Impact Whey has 74g protein per 100g.

There's always a trade off with cost and I wouldn't get too hung up on small differences but when the % goes too low, there's likely a lot of shítty filler in it

good posts thanks, so is €26.99 for 2lb (0.97kg) gold standard whey any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Myprotien order arrived just now, ordered on the 12th so look like they've sorted issues, a bit slower than usual maybe but it got here with no issue.

I ordered on the 03rd and still nothing! First shipment got stopped and second one is somewhere

Thanks for the update.
    Who delivered it and did you have to pay any customs/vat etc.?

• Advertisement

Its good for ON.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Not really buy the bigger tub for €49.99 if you're going to be using it often.

I know its only €3.99 but it'll add upto a tub quick enough.

Personally I'd stick with a glanbia owned like on, bsn
    Or go with a polish brand popular among bodybuilders like olimp amd 7nutrition.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Thanks for the update.
    Who delivered it and did you have to pay any customs/vat etc.?

Was shipped with P2P in the UK, went to a FedEx distribution centre and was delivered in Ireland by Fastway.

No customs or VAT.

Was shipped with P2P in the UK, went to a FedEx distribution centre and was delivered in Ireland by Fastway.

No customs or VAT.

Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

I always order off rosnutrition. Fast delivery every time and usually an offer on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Got my myprotein order with no bother. I'll keep using them

• Advertisement

Order delivered to my door today via Fastway couriers.
    No extra charges; in case anyone was wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

What protein bars do you eat and where do you get them?
    Does anyone get egg whites and the powdered peanut butter from my protein?

What protein bars do you eat and where do you get them?
    Does anyone get egg whites and the powdered peanut butter from my protein?

I have the bottles of egg whites from Bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

I have the bottles of egg whites from Bulk.

Do you find them better then buying in a butchers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I know no-one will particularly be with me on this, but when it comes to eggs I really care about animal welfare and I will only buy eggs if I know that the chickens they come from are in a high welfare setting - some decent space to move around, food and water readily available, not in a situation where they are constantly attacking each other because of proximity etc.

In Ireland we actually have access to some really high welfare animal products in general - our beef, pork etc.

You do pay more, there's no question. I'm not going to say that my motivation is related to taste or better food quality (Although I believe that can be a factor), it's mainly a moral issue for me.

I passed a butcher's at lunchtime that was advertising a "protein package" that is undoubtedly amazing value. 20 eggs, chicken breasts, turkey mince, turkey sausages... A good amount of this for €20. I know there is another side to this where you shouldn't price people into any kind of 'food poverty', but these types of deals make me question what kind of condition the chickens involved live / lived in.

The weird thing is I don't even particularly like animals. I don't have any pets, and I'm moderately fond of dogs, but generally speaking I have zero interest. It's just that I don't like the idea of really gross conditions being inflicted. I think there are some standards that have to be met, even for animals that will become food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement