Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Pity I was enjoying the whiskey splits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

What do ye all recommend for the winter? Have some Tom Ford.. may suit?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I'm currently wearing a mix (sparingly) of TF Oud Wood and TF Tuscan Leather, I think it may have been Pat that mentioned that mix way back.

I also do the same with TF Tobacco Vanilla and TF Oud Wood as I'm not a massive fan of TV on its own.

Both perfect for a cold day I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I stocked up on Dolce & Gabbana The One For Men Royal Night recently. Has a warm spiciness to it, works well at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

My whiskey/ whiskey delivery arrived a few minutes ago- expertly packed sir!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Wearing Dark Lord by Kilian today, perfect for this crisp weather

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

DrZeuss wrote: »
    I'm currently wearing a mix (sparingly) of TF Oud Wood and TF Tuscan Leather, I think it may have been Pat that mentioned that mix way back.

I also do the same with TF Tobacco Vanilla and TF Oud Wood as I'm not a massive fan of TV on its own.

Both perfect for a cold day I find.

Have Tuscan Leather and Tabacco Vanille.

Splish splash.. here we go

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Winter.....best frag season for me, so many good choices. Used to rock the Tobacco Vanille / Tuscan Leather combo but not in a while TBH. Today it's Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale - to me, the Prive line gets unjustly ignored - it's well up there with Tom Ford's Private Blends, but on my experience not nearly as popular. One of my absolute favourites is Lalique Fleur Universelle - can't get enough of that spicy cognac goodness!

A lot of the Amouage line is winter appropriate too - Interlude, I'm looking at you!

Ordered in some Xerjoff Naxos today - definitely a winter oriented frag, but will split it in February - hopefully it'll still be cold then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Winter.....best frag season for me, so many good choices. Used to rock the Tobacco Vanille / Tuscan Leather combo but not in a while TBH. Today it's Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale - to me, the Prive line gets unjustly ignored - it's well up there with Tom Ford's Private Blends, but on my experience not nearly as popular. One of my absolute favourites is Lalique Fleur Universelle - can't get enough of that spicy cognac goodness!

A lot of the Amouage line is winter appropriate too - Interlude, I'm looking at you!

Ordered in some Xerjoff Naxos today - definitely a winter oriented frag, but will split it in February - hopefully it'll still be cold then!

Can I get the creed aventus, Pat.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Amouage make some great winter scents. Interlude for sure. An acquired taste but I love it.
    I also recently acquired Amouage Journey Man and it’s another belter for this time of year. If you can get some in a split here, go for it.

I don’t have any Tom Ford private line but of the TFs I do have Ombré Leather and Noir Extreme get worn this time of year. Also Beau De Jour which I have been wearing all year round.

Mugler have a couple of great fragrances in the Amen line that really suit this time of year. Pure Malt and Pure Havane. I have both and they are brilliant value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Best winter fragrance for me is By The Fireplace from Maison Margiela. Beautiful stuff. Also love Five O’Clock au Gingembre by Serge Lutens. Both perfect for chillier weather.

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Best winter fragrance for me is By The Fireplace from Maison Margiela. Beautiful stuff. Also love Five O’Clock au Gingembre by Serge Lutens. Both perfect for chillier weather.

Two solid choices there, both in a fairly similar zone i.e. sweet 'n' spicy.

Arrived today... impeccably packaged as usual, and happy customer as always

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Coincidentally I'm listening to " going underground" on radio nova as I read this

Coincidentally I'm listening to " going underground" on radio nova as I read this

As smooth as my Amouage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The Amouage packaging is next level.

adox wrote: »

I meant Pat's wrapping :D
    But yes, I agree

adox wrote: »

You should see the Lalique Noir Premiere line - makes Amouage look like a plain paper bag!

Good to see deliveries coming in - I know there's been delays the last couple of weeks and some stuff from last week hasn't been delivered yet......just the way things are with all couriers currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Received today Pat, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

You should see the Lalique Noir Premiere line - makes Amouage look like a plain paper bag!

Good to see deliveries coming in - I know there's been delays the last couple of weeks and some stuff from last week hasn't been delivered yet......just the way things are with all couriers currently.

Are you getting that in :).
    I missed the email my mailbox was acting up, therefore missed Amouage Journey in bottle :(

• Advertisement

Are you getting that in :).
    I missed the email my mailbox was acting up, therefore missed Amouage Journey in bottle :(

Had Fleur Universelle in from the line (have done it previously) - but kept the bottle for myself this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Received today, Pat. Thanks again. I’ll come back to you in jan for more aventus.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thenumber3

Hi Pat,

Sorry if it's there somewhere, but I cannot see what you currently have. Any men's Aventus available?

Thanks.

thenumber3 wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Sorry if it's there somewhere, but I cannot see what you currently have. Any men's Aventus available?

Thanks.
    Pretty much cleared out now. I've finished deliveries for 2020 - there's just so many delays currently I didn't want to take the risk of shipping this week. Next list of stuff should be end Jan or so. I'm out of Aventus currently - and daren't order more with the way shipping from France is at the moment! (Still waiting on a package from my Creed / Tom Ford supplier which shipped 12th November!).

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Happy New Year Pat, can’t wait to order from you again in 2021. Are you likely to be stocking Creed Spring Flower or Malibu this year at all?

Eyespy wrote: »
    Happy New Year Pat, can’t wait to order from you again in 2021. Are you likely to be stocking Creed Spring Flower or Malibu this year at all?

Happy new year! Spring Flower would be unlikely I'd say TBH. Malibu I have an active eye out for though so may happen - it can be kinda hard to get hold of, especially below RRP. Parcel Wizard closing their Northern Ireland address also complicates matters as several UK and EU sellers send to UK but not ROI!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Happy new year! Spring Flower would be unlikely I'd say TBH. Malibu I have an active eye out for though so may happen - it can be kinda hard to get hold of, especially below RRP. Parcel Wizard closing their Northern Ireland address also complicates matters as several UK and EU sellers send to UK but not ROI!

Ah buggerballs anyway. I didn’t know that about Parcel Wizard :(. Just throwing it out there but I would definitely buy 3 bottles of Spring flower if it was to happen (just saying) but I know it’s unlikely. And I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the Malibu too. Can’t wait to see the 2021 fragrances

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Probably already aware Pat, but An Post’s similar service - address pal - is still working after brexit. However not sure how well they do with glass etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Off for my covid test in a few minutes.... currently wearing Mousse Illuminee Rogue ...it's strong enough to kill covid i think :)

• Advertisement

Probably already aware Pat, but An Post’s similar service - address pal - is still working after brexit. However not sure how well they do with glass etc.
    AddressPal definitely more dodgy with glass / liquids etc - hopefully PW come back. AddressPal are also after losing a package on me just before Christmas - they say it's in the post office, but postie says different! Only shipping bags but annoying anyway....
    Off for my covid test in a few minutes.... currently wearing Mousse Illuminee Rogue ...it's strong enough to kill covid i think :)

If the smell doesn't kill it, the alcohol will - good luck with the test!

Advertisement