Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Bit cooler recently. Not quite cold enough for the Amouage beasts though.

So threw on some Kalan.
    Forgot how nice it is. Hard to define it.

Demi Rawling likes it, so whatever! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Can I be thrown on the list for the whiskey splits? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Package arrived today, my god those amouage frags hit hard as anything.

Thanks again, great as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AiAiAi

Package arrived - great service from Pat v happy customer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Soarer wrote: »
    Bit cooler recently. Not quite cold enough for the Amouage beasts though.

So threw on some Kalan.
    Forgot how nice it is. Hard to define it.

Demi Rawling likes it, so whatever! ;)
    Kalan is top alright. Quite like MFK Baccarat Rouge 540.
    Can I be thrown on the list for the whiskey splits? Thanks!
    Yes, happening very soon!

• Advertisement

Did a bit of an oud comparison over the last few days! My findings:

Boucheron - Oud de Carthage: soft, classy wood and oud. Very easy wearing, good for the office. The fantastic reviews of this ain't wrong. Like a cross between Tom Ford's Oud Wood and YSL's M7 Oud Absolu.

Dunhill - Arabian Desert: spicy wood with a designer touch.

Memo Paris - Shams Oud: starts out spicy before getting very dry and then a warm, seemingly everlasting, drydown. Seriously, this is still going after a couple of days, after fragrances applied over it the next day have worn off!

Valentino - Oud Essence: only description is ****ing hardcore. This is serious juice - burning, rubbery oud drying down sweet. Probably not one for the workplace but good for a cold day - it'll warm you up!

NEW stuff coming to previous participants by email as soon as I can get it written!

I have the following available in hand as of 1/10/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml.
    St John’s – Bay Rum: world’s best bay rum? A clove overload for the wet shavers! 120ml left at €21.50 for 20ml, €30 for 30ml, or €45 for 50ml.
    Faviol Seferi - Insomnia: popular Kilian Black Phantom clone. €19 for 10ml or €37 for 20ml. Last 20ml left - if you want that in the original 50ml bottle, you can have it. Don't miss this one folks.
    Profumum Roma – Acqua E Zucchero: super sweet but light. 20ml available at €27.50 for 10ml or €51.50 for 20ml. Expensive, but PR is a seriously pricey house!
    Maison Margiela – At the Barber’s: does what it says on the tin – a classic barbershop.....but at a great price. 30ml left @ €15/10ml, €27.50/20ml or €39/30ml.
    Murdock London – Black Tea: Tea and wood. Last 20ml available at €24.50. Solid price : performance ratio here.
    Les Senteurs Gourmandes - Thé Absolu: Cedar, green tea and mint – light and unisex. €8 for 10ml.
    Burren Perfumery - Aran / Man of Aran: unisex marine / citrus with Burren herbs. €8.50 for 10ml. Last one.

Amouage - Jubilation XXV: €23.50 for 10ml, €46 for 20ml, €66.50 for 30ml, or 99.50 for 50ml.[/b] 50ml portion in original luxury 100ml bottle and box.
    Memo Paris - Shams Oud: €27 for 10ml, €52 for 20ml, €65 for 25ml or €117 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in impressive original 75ml bottle and box.
    Gucci - Intense Oud: €20 for 10ml, €38 for 20ml, €55 for 30ml, or €82 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 90ml bottle and box.
    Boucheron - Oud de Carthage: €16 for 10ml, €30 for 20ml, €43 for 30ml, or €78 for 75ml. 75ml portion in original 125ml bottle and box.
    Comme des Garcons - Wonderwood: €15.50 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml, €41 for 30ml, or €59.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box
    Dunhill - Arabian Desert: €16.50 for 10ml, €31.50 for 20ml, €45 for 30ml, or €67 for 50ml. 50ml portion in very nice original 100ml bottle and box.
    Valentino - Noir Absolu: Oud Essence: €14 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, €36.50 for 30ml, or €49.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.
    Vince Camuto - Smoked Oud: €12.50 for 10ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

NEW stuff coming to previous participants by email as soon as I can get it written!

Pat, both I and my poor wallet await the next list with baited breath :)

jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat, both I and my poor wallet await the next list with baited breath :)

Happy to confirm the list has something you've asked about several times.......and it's really ****ing expensive!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Happy to confirm the list has something you've asked about several times.......and it's really ****ing expensive!!:pac:

I have quite a good idea what that item is, and I am both very excited and financially scared haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Ohhhhhhh Interesting. I have loads of money , Hurry up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Pat, could I get Creed Royal Oud if it's still available.

Pat, could I get Creed Royal Oud if it's still available.

Dropped that one for lack of interest I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Dropped that one for lack of interest I'm afraid!

OK, Will you be doing any more Creeds splits? I'm intrested in SMW.

OK, Will you be doing any more Creeds splits? I'm intrested in SMW.

Yes, new email coming with some Creed....tonight hopefully. No current plans for SMW though - split a few bottles of it this summer so will hold off until the warmer weather again I guess.

New list gone out by email - having some difficulty though with Outlook and it's stopping me sending more mails today (is this a new thing?). So folks with emails beginning A - D may have to wait until tomorrow it seems......

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Hi Pat

Right ,bit of a shopping list for you here.......

Knize Ten 20ml

opus 1870 10ml

Les santeurs 10ml

Man Of Aran 10ml

Valentino 10ml

Faviol Saveri 20ml

boucheron oud 20ml

Memo Paris Shams Oud 10ml

Many Thanks in advance.....

By the way....... with the weather getting colder I discovered a Killer combo the other day. Creed Viking Layered with By The fireplace.......f***ing Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

By the way....... with the weather getting colder I discovered a Killer combo the other day. Creed Viking Layered with By The fireplace.......f***ing Class!

Sounds interesting!
    *immediately grabs a bottle of each in each hand*

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Sounds interesting!
    *immediately grabs a bottle of each in each hand*

Be Careful now..........with this accidental beast!

That actually sounds pretty awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That actually sounds pretty awesome!

What’s the fireplace?

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What’s the fireplace?

It's called By the fireplace by Maison Margiela it's a chestnutty woody sweet kind of fragrance geared more toward fall/winter type season

What’s the fireplace?

What MM said! Lovely stuff. Have done several bottles previously.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - OCTOBER 2020:

The mercury is dropping…..so time to break out the big hitters!

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml. NB: new batch of 10ml glass bottles I've started using actually hold slightly less, about 9.6ml - apologies.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

"Open splits" need to get a minimum number of people signed up to go ahead.

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 14/10/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml.
    Boucheron - Oud de Carthage: €16 for 10ml. Last one.
    Comme des Garcons - Wonderwood: €15.50 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml, €41 for 30ml, or €59.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box
    Dunhill - Arabian Desert: €16.50 for 10ml, €31.50 for 20ml, €45 for 30ml, or €67 for 50ml. 50ml portion in very nice original 100ml bottle and box.
    Valentino - Noir Absolu: Oud Essence: €14 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, €36.50 for 30ml, or €49.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in (spiky!) original 100ml bottle and box.
    Vince Camuto - Smoked Oud: €12.50 for 10ml.
    Xerjoff - Regio: (very) old school masculine. Very potent. €21 for 10ml (plastic). Last one.

REDUCED!
    St John’s – Bay Rum: world’s best bay rum? A clove overload for the wet shavers! 100ml left at €18 for 20ml, €25 for 30ml, or €37.50 for 50ml.
    Profumum Roma – Acqua E Zucchero: super sweet but light. 20ml available at €23 for 10ml or €45 for 20ml. Expensive, but PR is a seriously pricey house so these prices are quite the bargain!
    Murdock London – Black Tea: Tea and wood. Last 20ml available at €20. Solid price : performance ratio here.
    Les Senteurs Gourmandes - Thé Absolu: Cedar, green tea and mint – light and unisex. €5 for 10ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED
    375x500.10101.jpg

Spice and Wood *on the way*
    For me, Creed’s best. Woods and spices expertly blended to produce a seriously classy scent that fits just about anywhere. Shame about the price though…. RRP ~€400 / 75ml – yes, you read that correctly.
    €59.50 for 20ml or €86.50 for 30ml. 40ml available.

375x500.38497.jpg
    Aventus for Her *open split*
    Back again – get your order in for Christmas! Takes an Aventus base and adds florals to give a feminine twist. RRP €295 / 75ml.
    €88.50 for 50ml. Needs another two or three people to get this one over the line to ordering.

................................................................................................................

TOM FORD
    375x500.40089.jpg

Vert des Bois *open split*
    Arguably the best of Tom Ford’s (now discontinued) Vert Private Blend range. Green and exotic, with a boozy vibe. RRP €188 for 50ml.
    €37.50 for 20ml, €53.50 for 30ml or €85 for 50ml. . 250ml split. Almost there - another request gets it ordered.

................................................................................................................

PARFUMS DE MARLY
    375x500.33513.jpg

Akaster *in hand*
    One of the more recent PdMs, which for some reason is priced higher than most of their range. “One of the best oud / rose combos on the market for European men” (Fragrantica reviewer). RRP €280 / 125ml.
    €20 for 10ml, €36 for 20ml, €43.50 for 25ml, €80 for 50ml, or €105 for 75ml. 75ml portion in original 125ml bottle and box.

MEMO PARIS
    375x500.12139.jpg

Shams Oud *in hand*
    Highly rated oud / balsam / labdanum from pricey house Memo. RRP €185 for 75ml.
    €27 for 10ml, €52 for 20ml, €65 for 25ml or €117 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in impressive original 75ml bottle and box.

HERMES
    51Gls0YvfjL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Bel Ami *open split*
    Another old school powerhouse – with leather, oakmoss and styrax. “Laughs in the face of unisex…..it’s not old man, it’s grown man” – Fragrantica reviewer.
    €13.50 for 10ml, €25.50 for 20ml, €35.50 for 30ml, or €49 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

GUCCI
    375x500.32743.jpg

Intense Oud *in hand*
    Niche entry from designer giant Gucci, with the scent emphasis on…..well, you know! RRP €150 for 90ml.
    €20 for 10ml, €38 for 20ml, €55 for 30ml, or €82 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 90ml bottle and box.

MILLER HARRIS
    375x500.15695.jpg

La Fumee Arabie *open split*
    Arguably the best of MH’s ‘La Fumee’ sub range, this features incense, cardamom and coriander. Spicy, smoky and sweet. RRP €190 for 100ml.
    €16.50 for 10ml, €31.50 for 20ml, €44.50 for 30ml, or €63.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box. Another 20 - 30ml and this gets ordered.

CARNER BARCELONA
    375x500.17453.jpg

Rima XI *in hand*
    Ginger and cardamom with a hint of sweetness from niche outfit Carner. Shades of Serge Lutens' Five O'Clock Au Gingembre but milkier.
    €14.50 for 10ml, €27.50 for 20ml, €38.50 for 30ml, or €55 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Pat any chance you will do a split of portrait of a lady again ? It's become her favourite and the bottle is becoming low just in time for Christmas.

pollocks wrote: »
    Pat any chance you will do a split of portrait of a lady again ? It's become her favourite and the bottle is becoming low just in time for Christmas.

A few have asked over the last while so will check it out and see can I get a deal (rare on Malle though) - RRP makes for an expensive split with this one....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've asked after that - as soon as one comes in, its gone, its my OH's favourite too

Mc Love wrote: »
    I've asked after that - as soon as one comes in, its gone, its my OH's favourite too

In fairness, you did ask ages ago. Think someone else did too. We'll see next month!

Tom Ford Vert des Bois just got over the line tonight - 50ml available if you're after this now discontinued gem....I won't have it again!

Also close enough to happening:
    Creed - Aventus for Her (two more requests needed).
    Hermes - Bel Ami (20ml more needed).
    Miller Harris - La Fumee Arabie (20ml more needed).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mc Love wrote: »

I'll add my name to this if it'll help it get along.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Maybe I missed it pat but was there ever any progress on those whisky spilts ?

• Advertisement

Maybe I missed it pat but was there ever any progress on those whisky spilts ?

Yes, up and running! I don't have your name on the list but I'm guessing you asked at some stage?! Apologies if so, will send you out details. Still have a couple of bits left from the first lot.

Advertisement