Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eurovision Bets

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Have been looking at Italy, will hold off for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I got Russia at 14s and Finland at 20s.

My other bets are Poland at 150/1

All ew

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    surely finland cant possibly win this or even be placed
    it has nothing going for it
    at least lordi was something you could sing along to, this is just a ridiculously
    bad song with nothing going for it surely?

just couldnt make a case for it though i did think it might qualify
    good that some rubbish doesnt make it through
    gutted i didnt back the russians when 12s last weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Bit surprised, Finland went from about 5th fav into zero.
    Perhaps they're running a song contest this year, instead of a variety show.
    Ruska too risky to consider, price is shocking at only around x4.

Spotted something of interest on the Powersblog

(stats based on all previous winners)
    Girls: 50% of winners
    Black hair: 60% of winners
    Up-tempo pop genre: 50% of winners
    Beardless: 90% of winners
    ...and recommends Georgia (she's an ex-model), and country did two top 10's in last 3yrs.
    However pp's odds of 33/1 are well beaten by others, 50/60/70's available elsewhere.

With 4 places, still plenty to choose from. Poland ew x151, Malta x250 etc as wild-cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Think its very hard to look past Sweden to win it now after hearing the song and seeing the animated video going on!
    They'll all be at that next year now if they win!

Took Norway 20/1 and Latvia 80/1 as each way bets to place, mainly as i like the songs and to keep the interest if Russia get blacklisted by their neighbours!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Accumulator, would you like to share with us who you actually have money on?
    You seen to have mentioned about 2/3 of the entrants at this stage, and it's unlikely you've had money on all of them.

Many, but none as single only.

Always as parts of longer-term accumulators. Either as e/w or as single selection additions. Generally use 4 from 6. low stakes low risk, but high yields if the wind blows anywhere near the right way. Only intention is to pick off well priced possible multipliers to the other safe accums.

e/w selections on 'mid' risk accums
    Aussies x15 (11 feb, early doors)
    Fins x27 (x-out of action-x)
    Poland x151
    Georgia x51 (recent addition)

Very small wild e/w selections added on 'very low risk' accums
    Latvia x67
    Cyprus x81
    Albania x101
    Malta x251

Singles (but, these again, are as part of 'very safe win only' accums)
    Estonia x5
    Swedes x3
    Poland x601

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

some nice prices there, I didn't think many firms allowed multiples on novelties though?

Stanley is the best for this lark, Boyles and a few others allow early e/w acc for this 'mainstream novelty event'.
    Have accounts with everyone, some with reasonable limits (for accums), some usable with full limitation.
    Never touch that 10/11 singles carry on, always speculate with low stakes to accumulate high returns.
    Aim high, shoot low...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

What would be an example of a "very safe" accum?

• Advertisement

Bunches of circa x3's or x5's (favs or near fav's, but not always) e/w 4 from 6-folds ideally.
    Mostly placed early in the year and compared across books for the best numerals, some offsetting during year.

These bunches are mixed arrays of seasonal or yearly e/w major events.
    So featuring likes of NBA/Baseball/GAA/Golf/Tennis/Superbowl/UK & Euro FBall Outrights etc...
    This varied mix-up along with very tiny x-channels (games/poker) donations = good customer profile.

Getting just places on some 4/6+ selections is break even, or profit. Getting mostly wins is 10% charity donation time.
    Thus the attraction of a splash of wild novelty markets as the optional wildcard add-on.
    Unable to list 2015's selections as it would interfere with universal karmic resonance.
    Good luck with the Euro-pop everyone, tricky one this year.

Can see EU-wide taxes on bet returns within 5yrs, so until standard interest rates return to 15%, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Accumulator, would you like to share with us who you actually have money on?
    You seen to have mentioned about 2/3 of the entrants at this stage, and it's unlikely you've had money on all of them.
    Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Dutch bet you cannot lose based on last understanding top two.

With the Swedish entry homophobic views I wonder will that go against him tomorrow night.

At the price it its a lay for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Estonia 25/1 EW (Top 4) is my only shot at the Eurovision.

I like the song (more than I should), and I like the simple stage presentation (really well done), which is more than I can say about most other performers tonight.

SING ALONG BOARDIES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Sweeden too short had a dabble on Italy for a bit of interest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Went with Italy at 5/1.

Thank God for exchanges :)

With the Swedish entry homophobic views I wonder will that go against him tomorrow night.

At the price it its a lay for me now

Well done the free thinking Swedes. Ruska was a bit of a surprise, but guess the theme was 'building bridges' after all. Belgium (4th) went short few days ago but was at very high price just earlier today.

France also went short few days ago also but burned out with just 4pts in total. The UK entry made me sick in the mouth, perhaps a joke entry? (total of 5pts). I'll admit the Euro-pop is harder to call than it looks.

Commiseration to the two zero pointer counties (that must be tough) and congrats to anyone whom picked up wins or 4pl e/w's. Next major on the Novelty oddities is Big'Bro, now that's very tough viewing to be fair...

1. Sweden. Mans Zelmerlow - Heroes. 365 points
    2. Russia. Polina Gagarina - A Million Voices. 303
    3. Italy. Il Volo - Grande Amore. 292
    4. Belgium. Loic Nottet - Rhythm Inside. 217
    5. Australia. Guy Sebastian - Tonight Again. 196

the bottom:
    24 - UK. Electro Velvet (above) - Still In Love With You. 5 points
    25 - France. Lisa Angell - N'oubliez Pas. 4
    =26 - Austria. The Makemakes - I Am Yours. 0
    =26 - Germany. Ann Sophie - Black Smoke. 0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Stanley is the best for this lark, Boyles and a few others allow early e/w acc for this 'mainstream novelty event'.
    Have accounts with everyone, some with reasonable limits (for accums), some usable with full limitation.
    Never touch that 10/11 singles carry on, always speculate with low stakes to accumulate high returns.
    Aim high, shoot low...

No surprise here anyway

• Advertisement

So whom did you back HulkHanded in Europop?
    Guessing it wasn't the Swedes, nor Ruska.

Advertisement