Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saab "reeeeee----leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

swingking wrote: »
    3. Dolmio Ads: They've been asking "whensa your Dolmio day" for the last decade. Please stop!!!

rant over

No no, keep ranting! I hate those ads. I speak Italian and I've loads of Italian friends, and they see those ads as downright racist. But worse, the pasta goes into the microwave (o signore, che peccato!), and worse again, serves as a little bed for the sauce to sit on (mamma mia, anche peggio!), rather than being tipped into the sauce pot and stirred, like it's supposed to be.

In Italy, not even insulting the nation is as serious an offence as serving pasta the wrong way!

Coolest thing though, from an Irish perspective, is when an Italian starts going on about the food, the weather, the wine, the women... you can just stop him in his tracks with the nuclear-button phrase "whensa your Dolmio day?!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I have no idea what the ad is for but I was dozing with the radio on this morning and some shrill female voice howled from the speakers "RELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE MEEEEE". I nearly fell out of bed with the fright. Wtf can the ad be for? Lock breakers? Private investigators?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nightwish wrote: »
    I have no idea what the ad is for but I was dozing with the radio on this morning and some shrill female voice howled from the speakers "RELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE MEEEEE". I nearly fell out of bed with the fright. Wtf can the ad be for? Lock breakers? Private investigators?
    Assuming it's the same one mike65 mentioned 2 posts above yours, it's for Saab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

The best ad on radio ever has to be the Barry’s Tea ‘Turn the moment gold’ Christmas add.
    The one with the father buying the train set.
    Kid: ‘You’ll never guess what Santa brought…’
    Father: ‘Well doesn’t that beat Bannagher, isn’t Santa the smart fellow…’
    No fake accents, no pretentious statements, just a great little story.
    Pity it’s only on at Christmas time.
    Great Ad.Pity the actor who did the voiceover for that ad died last year.

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Assuming it's the same one mike65 mentioned 2 posts above yours, it's for Saab.

That'd be it! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saab sales deserve to dry up. Don't they road test these things?

Mike.

Dare.. to.. compare!

That fecking jingle..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Inshur.ie...

.. that's all!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Indeed. I detest that advert. Another is the Eircom 11811 ad. ****ing hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Obit Laser Eye Clinic, Orbit Laser Eye Clinic, Obit Laser Eye Clinic, Obit Laser Eye Clinic, Obit Laser Eye Clinic. Fcuking hell, the only one happy with this is the owner of Obit Laser Eye Clinic, who wets himself at how many times his Clinic is mentioned in the script on 98FM. The rest of us cringe and change the station whenever it comes on.

Tip to radio stations: Don't let **** ads air on your station, it turns more people off than the idiotic DJ's who think they have to be funny/witty every time the mic is open. Try playing some music guys, you might just attract more listeners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

There's a new ad on the airwaves, featuring two girls going on about the most embarrassing thing they've done...when they use the bluetooth device in their Ford Fiesta to make a call they always say 'Please'....god will someone hit them over the head with that feckin bluetooth device!

oh yeah, "123.ie just log on and save money"....aarrrggg :mad:

But I actually did save some money:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

There's a new ad on the airwaves, featuring two girls going on about the most embarrassing thing they've done...when they use the bluetooth device in their Ford Fiesta to make a call they always say 'Please'....god will someone hit them over the head with that feckin bluetooth device!

oh yeah, "123.ie just log on and save money"....aarrrggg :mad:

But I actually did save some money:D

I came in here specifically to rant about those two ****ing bimbos in their fiestas and you've beaten me to it! "I always say please!" That halfwit has such an annoying voice and doesn't do much for the cause of women drivers (not that it should....ha ha!) I really can't describe how irritated that ad makes me...dunno why. Suppose it's the airhead voice basically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Holmer wrote: »
    I came in here specifically to rant about those two ****ing bimbos in their fiestas and you've beaten me to it! "I always say please!" That halfwit has such an annoying voice and doesn't do much for the cause of women drivers (not that it should....ha ha!) I really can't describe how irritated that ad makes me...dunno why. Suppose it's the airhead voice basically

See a page or two back for more ranting about the same ad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

That Hi Sage 50 I thought Sage100 worked here bollox does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

"Want to hear my 19 times tables, da?" No we don't, you little SHlT monkey, now get bent.

And if I wanted to hear someone singing Release Me, I'd listen to Engelbert Humperdinck and not some wench in a Saab ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jackie Skelly is back! Run for the hills. Next 20 people after this ad only. But the ad runs at every break.

I heard that aural assault for the 1st time today. Its awful. I wouldnt give Jackie Skelly the steam off my pi$$.

jor el wrote: »
    Jackie Skelly is back! Run for the hills. Next 20 people after this ad only. But the ad runs at every break.

Single most annoying ad ever made.

Ever.

Yo! Sup ma ni**er, pimp yoz car loan, n sh*t. Seriously, what the fuck is this about? Have Halifax completely lost the plot, or are they actually trying to get 12 year olds to buy cars?

On the good ads though, I meant to mention eircom's crappy Phone Watch ad that they were running over Christmas. The ad itself was rubbish, but they did use the name Santy. Not Santa, not Father Christmas, not the big guy in the red suit, but Santy, the way it's supposed to be. Well done eircom, for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

"Hello, Is that Ben Dunne's Gym?"

"Yes, yes it is. How may I help you?"

"Im ringing because I heard the Jackie Skelly ad on the radio. You know, The one with the brain damaged man with no concept of volume control, which was apparently recorded at a 'Scooter' concert? Anyway, I heard that, and I'd like to enrol."

"I'm sorry sir, That ad is for Jackie Skelly's gym. We aren't currently offering whatever the noisy deficient chap is shouting about."

"I realise that, I dont even actually want to join a gym. I just figure that the quicker people give you money instead of them, the quicker they'll go bankrupt, and the people responsible for that ad get fired & have to go rooting through bins for food. "

"You're the 500th person today to say that sir. So, Credit card or Direct Debit?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

janeybabe wrote: »
    Single most annoying ad ever made.

Ever.
    I've heard that ad a couple of times now and am still trying to figure out what the next 20 people get!

Annoying as hell also, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

New Snickers ads with Mr. T

Best radio ads ever :D

Daft Dave is back on the air. It is not funny, I wish they would drop the stupid ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Its probably been mentioned here before but who else hates those harvey norman ads with that feckin aussie voice????Whats the point??Is it supposed to be funny???And another thing i bet the fella doin the voice drinks Fosters austrailian lager!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

I have no 'one' most hated ad - ALL those role-play ads are shckingly awful. you know the ones, actor A pretends to be a X and actor B is a Y and has all the answers to actor A's problems.

fekkn sake!

g

I detest that new you're/your/ur local dot ie ad.

If there is one word in the English language that is guaranteed to confuse the Irish people, it's your/you're.

Are they saying 'your local' as in 'your local pub', or 'you're local' as in 'you are local'? Judging by the way the guy in the ad pronounces it I'm going to go with Option C: 'ur local'.

Anyway, I can't find the website, although I did find a local dot ie...that might be it.

Please tell me that I've picked up the ad wrong and that they are saying something other that you're/your/ur local.

And don't even get me started on the content of the ad itself.....

Wait, I've just found the website. It suddenly seems to be working. And I was wrong; it's not 'ur local', it's 'your local'.

Stupid slogan doesn't even make any sense: 'Wherever you are your local.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

http://www.yourlocal.ie/index.do

On topic, current ad for one4all vouchers is ever so slightly grating, oh and that one for halifax savings ads with the fortune teller banker or whatever, tide facing the grass, 9 virgins to access your money etc. What a load of ****e tbh

Wertz wrote: »

Thanks. As I said in my above post, I found it. It made my computer crash. Stupid website to go with a stupid ad.

So you did, my copy of your post wasn't edited when I read it. Oddly enough I just timed out visiting the site too. Some sort of online business directory for the country. The name makes sense...not heard the ad I don't think...

• Advertisement

So you did, my copy of your post wasn't edited when I read it. Oddly enough I just timed out visiting the site too. Some sort of online business directory for the country. The name makes sense...not heard the ad I don't think...

Lucky you, it's truly awful. Along the lines of Daft Dave only less funny if that's possible.

I'm in the ever shrinking minority of people who like daft Dave it would seem.

Now inshur.ie on the other hand...
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

but here's the thing, right...
    I work in tv and radio and here's how it goes:

the client gets an ad agency in to do the biz, and they in turn commission a script writer and actors and book a studio and they record some inane drivel for a shed-load of sheckles... (advertising has bigger budgets than anything else per broadcast minute)

now here's my issue:
    they record the fekkn thing and do a presentation to the client for approval, and some fekkn maggot makes a decision and chooses the very ads we're talkin about.

someone goes "yeah, thats the absolute BEST ad of them all - we want that one"...

and that's what ends up annoying the s***e out of us for months, or even years...

SOMEONE in each company is responsible for this crap.....

jaysus......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Anyone heard the new Permanent TSB ad? The one where the guy goes 'I need 30 grand in 3 hours' and the other guy suggests he switches his mortgage to PTSB to save 30k over the lifetime of his mortgage, which is actually going to take him 30 years NOT 3 hours, wtf :confused:

I'm in the ever shrinking minority of people who like daft Dave it would seem.

Now inshur.ie on the other hand...
    :mad:

I, too, have good time for Daft Dave.

And don't bloody get me started on inshur.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

+1 for Daft Dave. And respect to the company for using it sparingly.

• Advertisement

-1 for Daft Dave, they're just re-using the same old ads too. I wonder did someone execute poor Dave, so now all we have are reruns? The sparse appearance of Dave is a blessing though, now if only Pfizer and the ICS would do the same.

Centra can go suck my balls with their stupid fucking Mother's day ads.

What exactly is "Duffay's debuuu album"?

What exactly is "Duffay's debuuu album"?

a heap of crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

That poxy casserole ad.

"Why are you taking your clothes off?"

Because I'd be afraid forensics could use them against me :mad:

That flippin credit card ad. It is so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

tbh wrote: »
    That poxy casserole ad.

"Why are you taking your clothes off?"

Because I'd be afraid forensics could use them against me :mad:

OMG I hate that woman :mad:. If she's gonna be in an advert can she learn to feckin speak English. What are cloooothes? What's looooke

[/rant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Thank Christ it is Saturday to-morrow because it means that everyone will have got their Irish language lingo CD free with the Irish Independent and I will not have to listen to Sharon knee Trembler's ad with the diddly diddly music in the background.

I have nothing personal against her but that ad was really irritating me it was on so often and because I utterly hate the Irish language.......:mad:

UrbanFox wrote: »
    Thank Christ it is Saturday to-morrow because it means that everyone will have got their Irish language lingo CD free with the Irish Independent and I will not have to listen to Sharon knee Trembler's ad with the diddly diddly music in the background.

I have nothing personal against her but that ad was really irritating me it was on so often and because I utterly hate the Irish language.......:mad:

I listen to a lot of radio and I've only heard the ad twice. Hope for your sake that this is the last part in the series! I don't mind the ad, but then I'm an Irish teacher and love the language!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

The new snickers ads with Mister T are great. The best ads I have heard on Radio in a long time.

I hate those Mr T ads.. was meant to complain about it. Every single feckin' ad break.. they're funny the first time but irritating on every ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

I hate those Mr T ads.. was meant to complain about it. Every single feckin' ad break.. they're funny the first time but irritating on every ad break.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I just think they get better every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

RELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE ME

sweet jesus if I hear that b1tch on the Saab ad scream one more time I am taking a knitting needle to my ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JuiceC

Wait till you hear the new Snickers radio ads Mr T trying to be all nice & apologetic to the men of Ireland - comin' real soon!!!!

JuiceC wrote: »
    Wait till you hear the new Snickers radio ads Mr T trying to be all nice & apologetic to the men of Ireland - comin' real soon!!!!
    Is that not on already? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭sudzs

muletide wrote: »
    RELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE ME

sweet jesus if I hear that b1tch on the Saab ad scream one more time I am taking a knitting needle to my ears

I bloody HATE that one too. That whingey singing... :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement