Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I fancy gdr also but she'll need to keep it standing which won't
    be easy and penas striking although not on the same level is still decent
    compared to most of the division

Pena had some success clinching with Valentina and taking valentina down before gettting armbarred and looks quite strong so I do think gdr could struggle early on so it'll be clinch from the start for pena I think and takedown after takedown attempt
    If I remember right didn't Nunes even take gdr down for most of that fight which speaks volumes for gdr's striking.

I think it'll be a one sided beating if she can keep it standing though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Taking Josh Culibao win, 2nd sub and 2nd TKO

Taking Josh Culibao win, 2nd sub and 2nd TKO

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't understand and how Perez is the outsider in this one coming up. I'm backing him to win inside the distance at 11/4.

I'm a bit surprised Ortega is 13/8 to be beat Jung

He hasn't fought in almost two years but changed camps shortly
    after the loss to holloway and has been cricitical of his previous team so
    now he has a chance to show the world how much he has improved especially
    regarding his striking.

The ko for me is way overpriced at 17/2 even if a sub might seem more likely.
    His last 6 wins have been 3 of each and jungs last two losses have been by ko.
    I think Jungs agressive style is tailor made for Ortega also.

• Advertisement

Ortega 7/4 main bet

Ortega by ko 10/1 (Betfred)

small bets on ortega to win by ko in rounds 1/2/3/4/5 22s/30/40/60/80/1

small bets on adrade ko 4/1 which probably won't be easy being so much smaller but I don't think she'll have any respect for chookagian's power and will just keep coming at her

almeida ko 11/5 anyones guess how this pans out, the old almeida came out swinging for the fences....probably the same tactics again so it'll probably be exciting while it lasts.

Card starts at 9 which I've just spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

mailburner wrote: »
    Ortega 7/4 main bet

Ortega by ko 10/1 (Betfred)

small bets on ortega to win by ko in rounds 1/2/3/4/5 22s/30/40/60/80/1

small bets on adrade ko 4/1 which probably won't be easy being so much smaller but I don't think she'll have any respect for chookagian's power and will just keep coming at her

almeida ko 11/5 anyones guess how this pans out, the old almeida came out swinging for the fences....probably the same tactics again so it'll probably be exciting while it lasts.

Card starts at 9 which I've just spotted

Hopefully the KO bets didn’t make your Ortega win redundant. Thought the head strikes when zombie was on ground would have stopped it.

Does KO include TKO as rarely there is an actual KO in ufc. Different interpretation than boxing.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Hopefully the KO bets didn’t make your Ortega win redundant. Thought the head strikes when zombie was on ground would have stopped it.

Does KO include TKO as rarely there is an actual KO in ufc. Different interpretation than boxing.

tko would have done, suprised it didn't come
    ko bets were only small bets so no real harm done as
    had close to my max bet on Ortega....rarely had less
    to sweat about, much different fighter now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

tko would have done, suprised it didn't come
    ko bets were only small bets so no real harm done as
    had close to my max bet on Ortega....rarely had less
    to sweat about, much different fighter now

Honestly thought zombie would win before the fight. Completely outclassed and never really got going. Even in the last two rounds when he new he had to finish he couldn’t do anything. But my god, how he didn’t get knocked out with some of those punches.

Fair play for your win. I know what it feels like to be sweating a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

150e on Gaethje to win.

Very possibly the stupidest money I've ever spent but sure listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

D.Q wrote: »
    150e on Gaethje to win.

Very possibly the stupidest money I've ever spent but sure listen.

Spent the same on Dustin to beat Khabib even though I knew it was incredibly unlikely.

Justin has a better chance, though still not a comfortable bet. I'll probably still throw €100 on him to win.

The price on Gaethje is huge now at 11/4 and has been drifting all the time.

It's too hard not to back him at those odds!

The price on Gaethje is huge now at 11/4 and has been drifting all the time.

It's too hard not to back him at those odds!

What do you think his chances of winning are?
    50%? 10%?

Dominant fighters/champions like Khabib become overvalued eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If a knockout wasn't possible then about 4/1 but it's a big part of MMA so realistically I'd say his odds should be about 2/1 when you consider he's won four in a row by knockout.
    We keep hearing about his wrestling ability, if he can stay on his feet he's going to get the knockout.
    Being able to hear his coach was a huge help to him in the last fight too and he'll have that advantage again.
    I think he's too good of value at his current price not to back him.
    If you were getting these odds on similar fighters you'd make a lot of money over time.

eagle eye wrote: »
    when you consider he's won four in a row by knockout.

Plus 19 out of 22 wins by knockout overall.

Mellor wrote: »
    What do you think his chances of winning are?
    50%? 10%?

Dominant fighters/champions like Khabib become overvalued eventually.

I honestly don't know given how Khabib has dominated everyone he's faced but I'd be pricing Gaethje at around 7/4-2/1
    He might take Justin down at will and he might struggle to take Justin down so it's very hard to know.

Gaethje does look like he could be his biggest test to date.
    Can khabib take him down and keep him there?
    My gut feeling tells me he may have to wrestle with Khabib for most
    of this in order to win which doesn't bode well for him.

I think Khabibs striking will have improved so much since we last seen him also.

This is Khabibs last big test in the division really so everything after this
    won't even be a contest as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

My 2 cents on the fight.
    Not sure about other sites, PP have the same odds for a Gaethje win as a points victory for Khabib: 5/2
    I know which one I'd prefer.

Justin's 2 losses were by KO/TKO but I see this one going the distance. Big test for Khabib but I think that relentless pressure will eventually tell, and he'll get Justin down enough times to breeze to another decision win.

IMO the only way Justin wins is by a KO or TKO, which is 7/2. It would shock the world and I'd like to see it, but I just can't see past Khabib

Will the year he's had have any effect on the mental side of his fight? Probably not.

My gut feeling tells me he may have to wrestle with Khabib for most of this in order to win which doesn't bode well for him.
    That will tire Khabib out a lot too. If Justin has gas in round 4 and 5. It won’t be fun for Khabin

Mellor wrote: »
      That will tire Khabib out a lot too. If Justin has gas in round 4 and 5. It won’t be fun for Khabin

Wittman might just be the difference between the two.

He'll have the perfect game plan for khabib if there is such a thing

1. Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Whittaker vs Cannonier priced as a flip stands out when looking at the prices. Now Cannonier is good but when he's moved up a level he's lost (Jan, Reyes and Glover) albeit that was at LHW. Whittaker is one of the best at MW and I'll be backing him to get the win here.

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fromvert wrote:
      Whittaker vs Cannonier priced as a flip stands out when looking at the prices. Now Cannonier is good but when he's moved up a level he's lost (Jan, Reyes and Glover) albeit that was at LHW. Whittaker is one of the best at MW and I'll be backing him to get the win here.
      Very hard time call. Cannonier looks like a beast at welterweight. Whittaker is a class act but he's taken punches in recent fights and he can't do that against Cannonier.
      It's a flip between a Whittaker decision win and a Cannonier ko for me. I won't be betting on it.

4. Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I fancy Cannonier by ko

I wasn't impressed with whittaker against Till and I honestly think those
      wars with Romero and the quick ko v izzy have left their mark

5. Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

after that weight inn ill be putting more money on Justin Gaethje, Kahbib seemed relived to make weight

6. Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

took the 11/4 on justin, don't think he drift anymore

going to back cannonier also at 10/11 (ko is only 13/8 so no value for me)

Tuivasa also for me at 10/11 but maybe the ko in round one at 7/2
      If it goes past round two I think he'll tire and it's anyone fight but if he
      connects he'll put struve away I think

7. Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

nxhEvwo.png

I've seen bookies taking the piss but paddy power shame on you

aspinall 6/1, edwards :eek: sean o malley 4/1

The list goes on and on

8. Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

nxhEvwo.png

The list goes on and on

Leon edwards not even ranked anymore..

9. Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

nxhEvwo.png

The list goes on and on

McGregor to be welterweight champ is only 3/1. Tom Aspinall, who the fúck is that guy. How is he only 6/1 to be heavyweight champ. Anyone who takes these bets is mental.

10. Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭vafankillar

holy shít! i took the day off work on sunday, and was staying up late tonight in preparation before just realizing now it's actually on normal-ish time for us for a change :O

11. Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

joeguevara wrote: »

KO/TKO is treated the same in both boxing and MMA betting.

12. Advertisement
    13. Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

nxhEvwo.png

The list goes on and on

They took this one down

Advertisement