Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replay: All Ireland SFC Final Dublin v Kerry Saturday 14/09/2019 @ 6pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I hope we can all remain friends whatever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

I get enough grief from my Dub other half

Dublins home ground is Parnell Park. So you are factually incorrect in saying they play most of their games at home.

Also, the % of the population in Dublin is irrelevant unless you can break that down in to people in Dublin from other counties and other countries who will not play gaelic for Dublin and/or won't support them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jesus Christ lads let's not get into this again!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

He started it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The county that have won 4 in a row, who have 40% of the population, over 50% of the games funding and get to play nearly every game at home - have a victim complex!

If you tried to explain it to a non Irish person they would think you crazy. It’s a fascinating insight into the psyche of certain Dublin fans.

It’s the Rangersification of a certain element of Dublin fans

Sevcoification more like ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2019/0911/1075209-kerry-dublin-controversy-all-ireland-final-1893/

A very interesting read. One thing I learned is that Dublin "invented" the blanket defence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

• Registered Users Posts: 28 revelino70

I wouldn't go even if I had a ticket - nothing against poor ol gil, but I have a 0-4 record when going to see the Dubs play Kerry in championship football. My superstitious side tells me I'm better off at home where I can't do any harm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

revelino70 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go even if I had a ticket - nothing against poor ol gil, but I have a 0-4 record when going to see the Dubs play Kerry in championship football. My superstitious side tells me I'm better off at home where I can't do any harm:D

I'll spot you a ticket - all help is welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 28 revelino70

Thanks for the kind offer Gill but I'll have to say no :) I'll stay at home with the defibrillator handy, sticking pins in me David Clifford voodoo doll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2019/0911/1075209-kerry-dublin-controversy-all-ireland-final-1893/

A very interesting read. One thing I learned is that Dublin "invented" the blanket defence :D

And they used home advantage ;)
    dobman88 wrote: »
    revelino70 wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind offer Gill but I'll have to say no :) I'll stay at home with the defibrillator handy, sticking pins in me David Clifford voodoo doll

Coincidence that we have a new poster who is not going to match and will be sticking pins in a Clifford voodoo doll. :D

Would you like a Pat Spillane doll instead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hows the ticket searching going lads?

Everyone thought that there would be more tickets available this time around with no minor game, but clubs down here are only getting 5 tickets extra this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Struggling to see anything other than a comfortable Dublin win. The narrative seems to have forgotten that Dublin were down to 14 men for the second half the last day. Think it's a no brainer 15 v 15.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 df02169

dobman88 wrote: »

Hard to feel sympathy for him with his over the top criticism of refs. He should have gone after the Connolly incident in 2017. It's a pity, as he brings a bit of passion to any programme he's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭threeball

df02169 wrote: »
    Hard to feel sympathy for him with his over the top criticism of refs. He should have gone after the Connolly incident in 2017. It's a pity, as he brings a bit of passion to any programme he's on.

He's full of crap. One minute he's saying that there's too much time spent on intercounty and we need to go back to focusing on the clubs as its killing the GAA. Next minute hes saying every team needs to pull their socks up and be more like Dublin which inevitably means spending more time and more money one the intercounty teams. The man is a shambles. Hes like a 8yr old with ADHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chief orman

threeball wrote: »
    He's full of crap. One minute he's saying that there's too much time spent on intercounty and we need to go back to focusing on the clubs as its killing the GAA. Next minute hes saying every team needs to pull their socks up and be more like Dublin which inevitably means spending more time and more money one the intercounty teams. The man is a shambles. Hes like a 8yr old with ADHD.

He was an average player and won a single AI medal 26 years ago. He is totally biased against one team so had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

He was an average player and won a single AI medal 26 years ago. He is totally biased against one team so had to go.

That is not the reason he went it was because of a build up of personal attacks Brolly made against others.
    David Gough, Marty Morrissery, Sean Cavanagh etc. The Gough one seems like the final straw.

Brolly has always being biased towards whoever was the top team at the time - Tyrone-Kerry-Donegal-Dublin he rotates his biasness as and when it suits.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Struggling to see anything other than a comfortable Dublin win. The narrative seems to have forgotten that Dublin were down to 14 men for the second half the last day. Think it's a no brainer 15 v 15.:confused:

Ye will probably win but give Kerry 5 goal chances this time (albeit 2 of these were when ye had only 14 men) and maybe Kerry will score more than 1.

Thought going up last week we had a great chance but for some reason I'm a bit less optimistic this time.

BPKS wrote: »
    Thought going up last week we had a great chance but for some reason I'm a bit less optimistic this time.

From a Dublin supporter point of view I felt the same before the first game.
    I was worried. Now I think Jim Gavin will sort out those issues he had. Lots of lads with points to prove. What I am really curious about is Bernard Brogan going to get a place on the bench this time?
    If he does not that means Jim thinks he has nothing left to offer and his county career is over. Personally I think Brogan would offer more than Paddy Small for example. I would be happier if the Brogan option was there in the last 10 minutes of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 chief orman

That is not the reason he went it was because of a build up of personal attacks Brolly made against others.
    David Gough, Marty Morrissery, Sean Cavanagh etc. The Gough one seems like the final straw.

Brolly has always being biased towards whoever was the top team at the time - Tyrone-Kerry-Donegal-Dublin he rotates his biasness as and when it suits.

Totally disagree. He is not biased towards Dublin who are the top team at the moment. He was a cheerleader for Tyrone when they won their three All Irelands as he was for Donegal when they won. He has never ever given Kerry credit for their success over the years. Whenever they won he would say it was only Cork or Mayo they beat (even though his sole AI came against Cork) and when they beat Donegal he says Donegal threw it away. The guy is poison and offers nothing constructive in a discussion. He has been aping Dunphy & Keane for years and people are just tired of him. RTE could not have two pro-Dublin analysts attacking Spillane (who always gives Dublin great Credit) on Saturday next. His position was untenable as Kerry were playing and they knew he would not control himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Chap who conned woman out of money for tickets for first game charged and remanded in custody.

Hope he has a pleasant evening :-)

www.irishnews.com/news/2017/09/11/news/alleged-gaa-ticket-fraudster-remanded-into-custody-1132634/

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Clare in Exile

Was at the drawn game, hope to make replay. Regarding tickets, do people think it will be worthwhile heading in early on Saturday to look for one around town? Any time I've done so for a football final it has turned up a blank, but perhaps it will be different for a replay?

Hope to get sorted before then, but if not I may have to revert to Plan B...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

At worst you will imbibe some of the atmosphere and find a spot close to watch it in. Night games even for league are great crack and Mayo replay was good. Prelude to games can be tense but once its over people tend to wind down. One of best days I was at was 2013 hurling semi final which was unique meeting of ourselves and Cork in hurling semi. A uniquely largely urban get together you never get with Dub footballers/

There are always tickets going around and you might strike it lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Was at the drawn game, hope to make replay. Regarding tickets, do people think it will be worthwhile heading in early on Saturday to look for one around town? Any time I've done so for a football final it has turned up a blank, but perhaps it will be different for a replay?

I sincerely believe if you put in the ground work a ticket always turns up.

Best of luck.

Sometimes the later you leave it the more chance you have (if that makes any sense)
    My auld fella got a premium ticket one year off a fella for just 50€. The fella beside him was quizzing him annoyed.
    Yer man was agitated at this stage, rang up the fella who was supposed to be there. Turned out that the fella that normally sat there had given his ticket to a garda to get off a speeding ticket. Then the Garda had given it to the fella my dad brought it from.

Moral of the story, is it wouldn't do any harm asking any gardai on the day if they have tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Looking to swap two hill tickets for two tickets seated together. Preferably lower tier. Will pay the difference, pm me if interested.

Sometimes the later you leave it the more chance you have (if that makes any sense)
    My auld fella got a premium ticket one year off a fella for just 50€. The fella beside him was quizzing him annoyed.
    Yer man was agitated at this stage, rang up the fella who was supposed to be there. Turned out that the fella that normally sat there had given his ticket to a garda to get off a speeding ticket. Then the Garda had given it to the fella my dad brought it from.

Moral of the story, is it wouldn't do any harm asking any gardai on the day if they have tickets.[/quote]

Yeah, I have asked Gardaí before, one year for the hurling final he got me a guy who was selling a ticket within seconds.

I followed the theory of looking up to the very last minute in 2017, nothing turned up though so I popped into Gills to catch it just as the anthem finished. Still had a great day and good craic, had a great chat with Seamus Darby before the match.

Anyway, will head up again and might pick one up, hopefully will get sorted before then though...

Yeah, I have asked Gardaí before, one year for the hurling final he got me a guy who was selling a ticket within seconds.

I followed the theory of looking up to the very last minute in 2017, nothing turned up though so I popped into Gills to catch it just as the anthem finished. Still had a great day and good craic, had a great chat with Seamus Darby before the match.

Anyway, will head up again and might pick one up, hopefully will get sorted before then though...[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Chap who conned woman out of money for tickets for first game charged and remanded in custody.

Hope he has a pleasant evening :-)

www.irishnews.com/news/2017/09/11/news/alleged-gaa-ticket-fraudster-remanded-into-custody-1132634/

That story is from 2017.

Advertisement