Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replay: All Ireland SFC Final Dublin v Kerry Saturday 14/09/2019 @ 6pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Not sure if allowed. Delete if not.

Anyways, Have a Lower Davin (318/X), looking to swap for a Hill ticket + difference. PM if interested. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Kerry had their chance the last day. Winning in injury time after 40 minutes with an extra man. As a Mayo man myself i feel their pain. But i expect them to get trimmed tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

I do expect Dublin to start like a train tomorrow like 2016 but it will settle down into a cagey affair

I'd fancy Dublin to edge with expierence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

That story is from 2017.

That's weird!

Definitely the same person and someone told me that he was charged yesterday.

So I' confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

A friend of mine has a ticket for tomorrow. Its for Hogan premium. He didn't think it would go to a replay and it's the same day as his wedding, so he can't go. If you're interested and want to go in his place it's at Raheny church at 5pm. Her name is Sarah. She will be the one in the white dress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

A friend of mine has a ticket for tomorrow. Its for Hogan premium. He didn't think it would go to a replay and it's the same day as his wedding, so he can't go. If you're interested and want to go in his place it's at Raheny church at 5pm. Her name is Sarah. She will be the one in the white dress.

How original!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Big day has arrived, Im expecting the Dubs to throw everything at us in the first half and it will be interesting to see how our lads react and dig in

The 2013 semi final we threw everything at the Dubs in the first half, scored three goals but watching that game back during the week the Dubs to be fair to them kept ticking over until they got their purple patch in the game and then they cashed in late on

Its something I suppose both teams need to do if one team is on top, you need to keep the scoreboard ticking over, stay with 4/5 points and then go hell for leather at it when the table turns

Going into the drawn game I though we would need to take every chance we got and we needed every player to break at least even with his man

We got the chances and didnt take them and we more then broke even in a few positions

Going to be interesting to see what we do to counter at Jack McCaffery this time around, is there anything that can be done to counter act him??
    Will we be able to keep O Callaghan, Kilkenny and Fenton quiet again?

Its going to be massive task but if we can stand up and be counted again today then we wont be too far off it again.

I hope its a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

hmmmm.... reading Conor McCarthy is yest examiner.... Kerry turned ovver 5 times in last 12mins... no shot on goal in that time.. didnt even get inside the Dublin 45.... Dubs full of running in those final mins..... we had been saying in Kerry in lead up to drawn match if we were still there with 10mins to go we'd do it.... we were ahead with 4mins of normal time left and didnt see it out.... and all this was against 14men.... upto the time Spillane got the goal.. the Dubs were comfortable enuf.... 5pts up and cruising along nicely....

Kerry missed alot in 1st half... hopefully wont be as wasteful today.... Dubs defence will concede scores.. as i dont think the defence is great... problem for Kerry is the Dubs are a supreme attacking outfit.... power and pace everywhere....

Any complacency Dubs mite have brought with them to drawn game is def gone... hard not listen to people tell u ul win by 10 pts...

so heart obviously says Kerry but logic would suggest Dubs to win... could win with a bit to spare too i think

I abandoned logic at half time last day!

I have a feeling that something(s) impossible to predict will happen today and influence the outcome.

Can't see it being a dull dogged cautious mundane affair as some replays can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

No Dublin team announced yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

dulux99 wrote: »
    No Dublin team announced yet?

It is. No change.

hmmmm.... reading Conor McCarthy is yest examiner.... Kerry turned ovver 5 times in last 12mins... no shot on goal in that time.. didnt even get inside the Dublin 45.... Dubs full of running in those final mins..... we had been saying in Kerry in lead up to drawn match if we were still there with 10mins to go we'd do it.... we were ahead with 4mins of normal time left and didnt see it out.... and all this was against 14men.... upto the time Spillane got the goal.. the Dubs were comfortable enuf.... 5pts up and cruising along nicely....

Kerry missed alot in 1st half... hopefully wont be as wasteful today.... Dubs defence will concede scores.. as i dont think the defence is great... problem for Kerry is the Dubs are a supreme attacking outfit.... power and pace everywhere....

Any complacency Dubs mite have brought with them to drawn game is def gone... hard not listen to people tell u ul win by 10 pts...

so heart obviously says Kerry but logic would suggest Dubs to win... could win with a bit to spare too i think

Just on this, there has been a lot of talk about the Dubs having to play with 14 men the last day, does having one man down really make a difference in modern football? These teams probably train for scenarios like this and I think the top teams have no problems when it comes to this as the Dubs showed the last day

Like 20 years ago having a man sent off would have been huge as players stuck rigidly to position but now the game is very fluid and teams defend together and attack together so there is always bodies behind the ball, turnover possession and then attack as a team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

RTE are a hive mind just like internet forums, they get rid of the people with opposing views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,902 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just on this, there has been a lot of talk about the Dubs having to play with 14 men the last day, does having one man down really make a difference in modern football? These teams probably train for scenarios like this and I think the top teams have no problems when it comes to this as the Dubs showed the last day

Like 20 years ago having a man sent off would have been huge as players stuck rigidly to position but now the game is very fluid and teams defend together and attack together so there is always bodies behind the ball, turnover possession and then attack as a team

I think it does because Kerry would have trained for a scenario if they had an extra man. But they chose to use thier extra man defensively rather then attacking. Making them more secure and more difficult for Dublin to break them down. It was almost counter-intuitive as you would have expected Dublin to behave this way.

But there is also the sheet amount of ground that is covered by players these days. It stands to reason that it is going to be more difficult to cover that ground with a man less.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

While defending i don't think its that big of a deal alright. Dublin probably would have conceded 1-16 with 15 on the pitch. In attacking play though you could see a difference. Dublin played with a two man inside line after the red and Mannion and O'Callaghan were often isolated. They dropped deeper and deeper as the game wore on. Even when Dublin had Kerry penned in (up to the goal) they weren't really getting the ball in areas they could do damage. An extra body up there would have occupied the spare defender and allowed one of them stay closer to goal.

They got all their scores in the first half if memory serves.

corny wrote: »
    While defending i don't think its that big of a deal alright. Dublin probably would have conceded 1-16 with 15 on the pitch. In attacking play though you could see a difference. Dublin played with a two man inside line after the red and Mannion and O'Callaghan were often isolated. They dropped deeper and deeper as the game wore on. Even when Dublin had Kerry penned in (up to the goal) they weren't really getting the ball in areas they could do damage. An extra body up there would have occupied the spare defender and allowed one of them stay closer to goal.

They got all their scores in the first half if memory serves.

As Marc O Se said the work rate of the Dubs had a lot to do with the way they played with 14 men, but I also think the way the Dubs play helps too when a man down they are the best team in the country at keeping the ball and being patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hey folks, where would be the best place to park for going up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hey folks, where would be the best place to park for going up?

Depends where you're coming from? Red cow is handy for the N7, €4 for 24 hours. Luas into O Connell street and walk up to the stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

dobman88 wrote: »
    Depends where you're coming from? Red cow is handy for the N7, €4 for 24 hours. Luas into O Connell street and walk up to the stadium

N4 is where I’ll be coming up from, thanks a million for your reply, just not too familiar with car parks about atall

N4 is where I’ll be coming up from, thanks a million for your reply, just not too familiar with car parks about atall

N4 is an awkward one and not one I'm familiar with sorry.

Could drive north to junction 5 Finglas and drive in. That's where I park, just pop Whitworth road into your satnav and there are loads of little side streets just a few minutes walk from the stadium or a €10 car park operated by the National Council for the Blind.

• Advertisement

Cars are not supposed to park on Whitworth Road but of course the Gardaí allow this on match days and contribute to delaying everyone else getting in to the fkn town :-) You parked on the road there any other day and you'd be clamped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Seadin

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Kerry had their chance the last day. Winning in injury time after 40 minutes with an extra man. As a Mayo man myself i feel their pain. But i expect them to get trimmed tomorrow.

I expect the game to be tight. Dublin to shade it with the experience i think but It wont be by much i think.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Cars are not supposed to park on Whitworth Road but of course the Gardaí allow this on match days and contribute to delaying everyone else getting in to the fkn town :-) You parked on the road there any other day and you'd be clamped.

Just to say, I didnt recommend parking on whitworth road cos it's a pain to see people do it. I recommended one of many side streets or the NCBI car park

dobman88 wrote: »
    Just to say, I didnt recommend parking on whitworth road cos it's a pain to see people do it. I recommended one of many side streets or the NCBI car park

I know that and you are contributing to a worthy cause.

More a criticism of the guards who really couldn't give a somersaulting fart what happens around them for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,902 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This game is on today?? I didn't know.

Just accosted at traffic lights by guys in a van (I thought they were travellers, their dialect wasn't very understandable) but then they shouted "Up the Kingdom"...

So I assumed somethin was up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This game is on today?? I didn't know.

Just accosted at traffic lights by guys in a van (I thought they were travellers, their dialect wasn't very understandable) but then they shouted "Up the Kingdom"...

So I assumed somethin was up

Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The Kingdom are marching on Dublin and Sam Maguire will be liberated from the jackeens and Kerry by 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,902 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

theguzman wrote: »

The Kingdom are marching on Dublin and Sam Maguire will be liberated from the jackeens and Kerry by 4 points.

They should play that in the Dublin dressing room it is sure to fire them up!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cracking day for the drive for five

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

If Kerry aren’t wasteful in front of the posts I predict a 3-4 point win for them.
    They need to convert every chance and settle into it early.
    Also pressure Cluxton every chance they get and shove up on every kick out forcing him to go long.
    They can’t afford to let him get short kickouts away fast

Kerry by 3-4.
    THE DUBS ARE BET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Hi, I'm abroad and the Irish bars are Irish in name only and not showing the match!

Anyone got a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Kerry by 3-4.
    THE DUBS ARE BET

You may close your account if they aren't bet.

Someone needs to tell Ciaran Whelan that Showaddywaddy want one of their costumes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

STB. wrote: »
    You may close your account if they aren't bet.

Someone needs to tell Ciaran Whelan that Showaddywaddy want one of their costumes back.

Chronic suit, McGregor has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

unfortunately see the from next door having to much legs for Dublin today.

I'm not sure which is the lesser of the two evils though...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Just seeing the Kerry fans again there. They've got quite an attractive female fanbase.

• Advertisement

Noveight wrote: »
    Chronic suit, McGregor has a lot to answer for.

I had to adjust the brightness on the TV.

490608.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

STB. wrote: »
    I had to adjust the brightness on the TV.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I like Rochford on the Sunday game. Its intersting having a former manager give real insight.

Im glad Brolly is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You don't need a lip-reader to make out what that young lad in the Kerry jersey with the bodhran was chanting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I like Rochford on the Sunday game. Its intersting having a former manager give real insight.

Im glad Brolly is gone.

Rochford has his head in the game aswell being a recent manager.hes a great addition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Dublin by eight. Hoping for a Kerry win though!!

Dublin doing the president handshake thing in reverse...

Spillane isn't giving Kerry enough credit

He shouldn't be on the panel with two nephews involved me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Jack McCaffery is a joker . Always smiling and acting the goat . Isn’t he a doctor too ? Legend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭alswearengen

Dubs fans with pictures of players on banners. Pathetic.

Tis terrible

Hope your ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Gonad wrote: »
    Jack McCaffery is a joker . Always smiling and acting the goat . Isn’t he a doctor too ? Legend

Indeed he seems to really enjoy his football.

Tbf, the dubs aren't the only crowd that do that

I've seen Galway fans doing the same wrt canning plenty of times.

Dublin by 5 for the 5.

Tis written.

Kerry backs are very loose atm

• Advertisement
Advertisement