Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

Here's my barefoots! RRP £80 :eek:

Ah right, was thinking of the things with the toes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Bought 80 quid worth of clothes and was looking forward to them getting here. Logged onto the DHL site to see that my package has been 'delivered'.
    I can only see the city they were delivered in and it's not where I live.
    Their so-called ''proof of delivery'' in PDF format only says ''sig on file'.

Anyone else have any experience in dealing with this? Is it worth contacting Sports Direct, or is my problem with DHL only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Bought 80 quid worth of clothes and was looking forward to them getting here. Logged onto the DHL site to see that my package has been 'delivered'.
    I can only see the city they were delivered in and it's not where I live.
    Their so-called ''proof of delivery'' in PDF format only says ''sig on file'.

Anyone else have any experience in dealing with this? Is it worth contacting Sports Direct, or is my problem with DHL only?

Did DHL leave it with a neighbour? They do that out my way

I don't think so - the city it is listed as delivered in, is about an hours drive away. But I will check with the neighbour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

dhl alwats leave a card in the door and you can ring them to either collect or re deliver, i have got loads from sportsdirect via dhl always good never a problem. try ringing the local dhl office with the tracking number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Yeah same with me last week. it was great.

Apparantly DHL have made a mistake and left it at the wrong address - I hope they will sort it out soon. It is a fairly big order of clothes so am a bit nervous about whether it will arrive 'intact' now ...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Apparantly DHL have made a mistake and left it at the wrong address - I hope they will sort it out soon. It is a fairly big order of clothes so am a bit nervous about whether it will arrive 'intact' now ...:(

That must be the no frills €1 freight charge. Hope it works out for you without too much agro

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Has anyone got a successful shipment from sportsdirect to Parcel Motel so far?
    I'm presuming/hoping there should be no issues..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Why would you do that?

PinkFly wrote: »
    Why would you do that?

I live in an apartment, work long hours, don't know my neighbors too well and won't get much through my letterbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Get it delivered to your work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Sports direct have a habbit of sending massive boxes ....

Sports direct have a habbit of sending massive boxes ....

I presume PM would take it in and i could collect it at their warehouse if it was too big. My biggest concern is would PM sign for it from DHL..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I presume PM would take it in and i could collect it at their warehouse if it was too big. My biggest concern is would PM sign for it from DHL..

They do sign for deliveries. Regularly have UK couriers deliver to Parcel Motel in NI for me and always signed for by staff there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ordered last Friday. Got it today. And a big free mug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The mug discrimination must stop. They never send me one.

Makaveli wrote: »

I think I'll put it in my next order's delivery details, "DO NOT FORGET FREE MUG"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Makaveli wrote: »

Thats my 2nd one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

My suitcase arrived to the office today in a box 3 times the size. We got one of the smaller girls to hide in it and scare the bejaysus out of one of the lads. It's the little things.

Ordered last Thursday.

The €1 delivery is great.

• Advertisement

Stuff arrived before I got home, pretty big box but everything is packed into it. Should be fun going through it later. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

My suitcase arrived to the office today in a box 3 times the size. We got one of the smaller girls to hide in it and scare the bejaysus out of one of the lads. It's the little things.

Ordered last Thursday.

The €1 delivery is great.

Cue Cadbury's "Snack" advertisement :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Obviously not Sportsdirect's fault but the difference in sizes between brands is incredible. I can just about get on a large tapout tshirt though very tight while those "character t-shirts" in XL won't go over my head.

Finally got the package delivered today. Everything is there. Am very pleased, but still waiting for the ever illusive mug - this must be my third or fourth order now and that mug is still evading me ! :D

Obviously not Sportsdirect's fault but the difference in sizes between brands is incredible. I can just about get on a large tapout tshirt though very tight while those "character t-shirts" in XL won't go over my head.

I got a xxxl shirt last week and you could nearly put it a medium or large size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i have not got a mug now in the last five orders, i didnt think they were still doing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

I ordered Monday night and my order is still processing , any chance of having the stuff this week?

Rushden wrote: »
    I ordered Monday night and my order is still processing , any chance of having the stuff this week?

I'd say you'll have it Friday

• Advertisement

looder wrote: »
    Don't think they own Tapout for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

didnt even need em....but im glad anyway. i think im in love with the red ones:o even the 8e adidas pants fits great!

581792_548355398528491_1685425355_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭stan 117

ordered last wensday got here today....o and got my big ass mug :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Got the big mug too, very impressed with all I got for €70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Put together an order last night, second time I've ordered from them so we'll see if I get a mug this time (didn't get one last time....boo!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Beware. Slazenger sizes seem to come big. E.g large vest is more like XL IMO

Pierre Cardin shirts on the small size. Ordered Large, could have done with XL

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Has €1 delivery finished or is it a code that needs to be entered? Can only see del as £4.95?

kfc1 wrote: »
    Has €1 delivery finished or is it a code that needs to be entered? Can only see del as £4.95?

Change currency to € at the top of the page, still €1 delivery.

Also make sure to not pay with Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

maximoose wrote: »
    Change currency to € at the top of the page, still €1 delivery.

thanks maximoose .... tho may be cursing you when credit card bill arrives!

I got my stuff today. Got a couple of pet stuff.

got this bowl, missed the dimensions ... barely big enough for the cat!

better news, i got this knot and its excellent! way bigger than i thought, easily big enough for any dog (my 8 month old Golden Retriever Husky cross loves it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Anyone having any issues with some of the sale items on the website?
    I've added a polo shirt that was £14 but it jumped upto the normal price of £28 when I add it to the shopping cart. Same thing happened with a pair of trainers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

marvin80 wrote: »
    I've added a polo shirt that was £14 but it jumped upto the normal price of £28 when I add it to the shopping cart. Same thing happened with a pair of trainers.

Did you change the colour of them? I've noticed it can happen when you do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

marvin80 wrote: »

Check you haven't got two of them. Click my bag and you can see how many of each item you bought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Thanks Dancor and Brian Ireland, just noticed what it is. In small writing they have 'from', so the XL is only £14, but the M is £28 - sneaky!! (and also my stupidity for not noticing sooner!!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

When getting stuff sent from sportsdirect via DHL, Does it all go through Shannon?,Getting my stuff delivered to Dublin and just find it strange going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Ordered a load of stuff at the weekend. Just arrived. Very impressed with the amount of stuff i got for €20 including the free mug. Got one of the sherpa hooded jackets for €5. Looks the business for that. Not waterproof but fierce warm for around the garden and the like.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    When getting stuff sent from sportsdirect via DHL, Does it all go through Shannon?,Getting my stuff delivered to Dublin and just find it strange going there.

That's strange, none of my orders have ever gone through Shannon

Mine went through gatwick to Dublin.like most. No mug after a few orders.

• Advertisement
Advertisement