Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Year That Was 2015

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Highlight
    Winning back to back Captains prizes off 9 in 2014 and 7 in 2015. (cut 1 shot in each of previous weeks prior to it)

Best Month - August
    7 birdies in one round in V Par competition and had shots on 4 of those holes.
    Birdied 3 holes in a row previous week - so 10 birdies in 2 competitive rounds.
    Won Captain's Prize following week with no birdies!

Inter Club
    Won 4 out of 5 matches in All Ireland inter club mixed (all away)
    Jimmy Bruen - Qualified for regional playoff and won our matches in Semi final and final but lost overall.
    Also Played Barton cup & Junior cup - poor performances in both.

Worst Days
    Lost Barton Cup match on 19th in decider.
    Lost Club Mixed Semi final having been 2 up and 3 to go.
    Lost Quarter final of All Ireland Father & Son in Castle to eventual winners for the 2nd year in succession.

Your plans and goals for 2016.
    Play plenty of Golf, Stay healthy and do better in Father & Son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

TRIGGER WARNING This post contains the S-word.

In summary, had been cut to 6 by June and was playing well and heading for further cuts. On the 7th hole of a comp I was +1 gross, enjoying myself and out of the blue...... shanked it. :confused: I haven't stopped shanking since :( Game fell to pieces. Great drive, just a wedge left in and ... shank, walk away with a double. Rinse and repeat. The precision with which I could hit a small dot on the hosel was astonishing, far smaller than a blade's sweet spot. Almost shaken them now, have a better swing for it too with all the work I did to shake it. But I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The only experience I have ever had that stopped me enjoying golf. Just playing badly would have been a dream compared with it :(

Outplay the field with my new handicap. No SHA$$'s........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

newport2 wrote: »
    In summary, had been cut to 6 by June and was playing well and heading for further cuts. On the 7th hole of a comp I was +1 gross, enjoying myself and out of the blue...... shanked it. :confused: I haven't stopped shanking since :( Game fell to pieces. Great drive, just a wedge left in and ... shank, walk away with a double. Rinse and repeat. The precision with which I could hit a small dot on the hosel was astonishing, far smaller than a blade's sweet spot. Almost shaken them now, have a better swing for it too with all the work I did to shake it. But I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The only experience I have ever had that stopped me enjoying golf. Just playing badly would have been a dream compared with it :(

Went through them myself for about 4 months, 15 years ago. Shanked every club in my bag except the 8 iron and the putter. It got so bad, that I was only bringing the 8 iron and putter with me. In the end, I put weight on my heels, lined up the club off the toe and just made sure to keep my head down. Combination of all 3 did the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

newport2 wrote: »

Went through a bad spell of them earlier this year and a similar spell last year, soul destroying stuff. Have put in a good deal of work over the past two years so hoping for a great 2016, it's sure due:
    Your highlights or low lights
    Lowlight was going through a horrendous spell of the shanks through Apr and May that has left a lot of scarring.

Your great shots your worst
    Worst included the countless shanks hit throughout the year, what made them worse is that I was driving the ball quite well during this period so they were often from the middle of the fairway into severe trouble. One particular bad one was during Jimmy Bruen foursomes club qualifiers where after a great drive from my playing partner down the middle I proceeded to shank a 6 iron into heavy rough where he had no shot at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

RoadRunner wrote: »

Failed Goals:
    Did not join a course

Last minute update just in before the end of the year! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

What course did you join RoadRunner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

St Margarets.

Advertisement