Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events & gig buddies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

https://visionsfestival.ticketabc.com/events/visions-festival/

Heading here on August 10th (Saturday) Esp looking forward to Jeffrey Lewis and !!!

Jeffrey is playing the Windmill in Brixton on the 22nd as well in case you didn't know. First UK show with his latest backing band. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere apart from the Windmill's mailing list.

Sadly going to be away for this festival. Saw !!! a few months ago and they were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    Sounds interesting alright, though the offer has sold out so ticket prices are around £30 a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

The Not For Rental Exhibition is currently taking place on Leonard Street at the 71a Gallery (the exhibition space curated by the Little White Lies gang)

Well worth a visit and trying to guess the movies based on the cover - titles of films are usually on the back/ spine.

http://notforrentalproject.com/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Timeout have cheap tickets for Silencio on either July 27th or August 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Fysh wrote: »
    Timeout have cheap tickets for Silencio on either July 27th or August 3rd.

Sold out already :(

The Reduced Shakespeare Company (they of the magnificent 6-part Radio Show, part 1 of which can be heard here) are doing a short run of their Complete Works Of Shakespeare (Abridged) at the Leicester Square Theatre over the next two weeks. Tickets are £27.50 plus totally-legit-no-seriously-it's-in-no-way-taking-the-piss postal/collection fee via TicketBastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Went to Antony and the Johnsons at the Royal Opera House last night. Was an amazing gig. If you havent seen them live then do your best to! It can be ridiculously hard to get tickets though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Has anyone ever played HintHunt?

It's a live escape game where you have an hour to get out of a room by solving various puzzles.

Can be done in groups of 3, 4 or 5. Booking is necessary and there's only a few open slots over the next month.

Anyone interested?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

HintHunt sounds like a good laugh! I won't have time or moola to do it until September though. Will keep it in mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 spacelucy

Mick Flannery is playing the Lexington in Islington on 10th September, tickets only £12, bargain!

Has anyone been to/heard much about Punch Drunks The Drowning Man?

Or has anyone seen/done any of the recent immersive theatre in the city?

Further to my previous post upthread: if anyone's interested in catching The Reduced Shakespeare Company's Complete Works Of Shakespeare (Abridged) at the Leicester Square Theatre, there's an Amazon Local deal today offering tickets for £15 instead of the face value of £27.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

face to face are playing in angel on saturday! gonna relive teenage years for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Just in case anyone's interested, Waterford band O Emperor are playing in the Selbright Arms in Bethnal Green on Saturday 7th September at 8pm. Tickets are only £8 and are sale online at the link below.

http://www.seetickets.com/Event/O-EMPEROR/Sebright-Arms/722495

They're highly thought of at home but are less well know over here so would be good to get some support. Their first album was nominated for a Choice Music Award for Best Irish Album and they've supported Mumford & Sons on tour and played numerous festivals over the past few years.

Myself and the other half are planning to be there, so if you're coming along let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Two suggestions here!
    Ive been setting myself challenges to attend an event/class/activity once a week to push myself. I joined a brilliant night in Bethnal Green for nerdy people like myself called I LOVE LISTS. Also in Kings Cross.
    http://jessindeedy.com/i-love-lists/

Honestly, it was such fun, guys and girls there with cheesy prizes and all thinigs list-y!

Then I did the weirdest thing ever last night, in Hackney, as mentioned in last weeks Time Out magazine. Titled: No Lights No Lycra, it's basically and hour of dancing around in the dark to some tracks, 'losing yourself', getting fit and all that jazz. No drugs or alcohol were involved but I had my suspicions. On weekly, £4, Hackney!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Two suggestions here!
    Ive been setting myself challenges to attend an event/class/activity once a week to push myself. I joined a brilliant night in Bethnal Green for nerdy people like myself called I LOVE LISTS. Also in Kings Cross.
    http://jessindeedy.com/i-love-lists/

Honestly, it was such fun, guys and girls there with cheesy prizes and all thinigs list-y!

Then I did the weirdest thing ever last night, in Hackney, as mentioned in last weeks Time Out magazine. Titled: No Lights No Lycra, it's basically and hour of dancing around in the dark to some tracks, 'losing yourself', getting fit and all that jazz. No drugs or alcohol were involved but I had my suspicions. On weekly, £4, Hackney!

Ooh, I Love Lists sounds great. Might sign up for the next one on Sep 18th. I make lists of lists :pac:

EDIT: Just bought a ticket for it!

(their bingo & karaoke night sounds great too!)

Ooh, I Love Lists sounds great. Might sign up for the next one on Sep 18th. I make lists of lists :pac:

EDIT: Just bought a ticket for it!

(their bingo & karaoke night sounds great too!)

Im on hols for the one on the 18th but will def be going again; it was a laugh. and the organsier is lovely; if you go on your own she puts you beside others on their own too! Im def up for the other stuff too some eve! Get thee to Paperchase for a fancy pen!!

I have a fancy pen ready to go. It has a swinging panda on the top of it!

I have a fancy pen ready to go. It has a swinging panda on the top of it!

They will love you. Ill let you in on a secret; they give prizes for best list maker and best doodler..I won a 1D stationery set! Seriously, it's so sad it's good! And everyone there gets excited over Sharpie markers so you really feel part of the gang.

• Advertisement

2.8 Hours Later anyone?
    The cross city zombie chase game is back. You find yourself in a world of quarantine, of borders and murder. 4 years after the original outbreak, the government has regained control but at what cost? Brutal security, corrupt officials, vigilante mobs and scavengers seep out of the cracks in the police state. When the infection returns, and the government can no longer contain it, what will you do to survive? Who will you leave behind? Can you make it to Asylum?

Asylum is an adrenaline fuelled cinematic experience like no other, catapulting you to the heart of the zombie action. You will make choices and sacrifices that {will} determine whether you and your friends survive. Honed by the latest bio-technology and a year in the making, Asylum is the only street game of it's size and reputation in the world.

A Politically charged, gore filled, roller coaster ride of fear that will thrill newcomers and fans alike. Come Play.
    I know people who are going on the evening I plan on heading off on my holidays.

Early bird tickets are all gone now so it's a sizeable £40 a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

HI folks,

Just a heads up but The Oddsocks are playing the o2 in Islington on Sat Sep 7th and The Bugaloo in Highbury the following night. These guys are from Sligo and play an epic blend of funk, blues and rock. Have seen them several times(their halloween shows are legendary) and always have a blast!!

Hope to see some of you there

frAg

http://www.oddsocksmusic.com

The Prince Charles Cinema is showing the Cornetto Trilogy on Friday 4 October if anyone is interested?

The Prince Charles Cinema is showing the Cornetto Trilogy on Friday 4 October if anyone is interested?

I would, but I'll be in Italy that day. :cool:

Anyone up for this?

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/attractions/final-chance-to-see-inside-battersea-power-station-8793947.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Hell yes!!

That sounds really cool! I was outside the station a few weeks ago for the Holi Festival of Colour and that was the last event to be held on the grounds.

Surely that'll be a nightmare to get into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Defo. I'll bring along a pick-axe to claim a bit of history

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Sure count me in

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »
    Hell yes!!
    That sounds really cool!
    Reekwind wrote: »
    Defo. I'll bring along a pick-axe to claim a bit of history
    fluke wrote: »
    Sure count me in

Looks like we have a posse so.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Surely that'll be a nightmare to get into.

I reckon the thing to do is get there about half an hour before the opening time and see if there's already a massive queue/total chaos. If there is, we go and do something else. If not, we're there early and have beaten any crowds that show up later!

Advertisement