Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

Try using Addresspal maybe. Theyre based on the mainland, some sellers don't want to ship to NI for whatever reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Me: Okay I'll just buy these 2 Anker speakers and THATS IT!

Also Me: Oooo Logitech C920 webcam for £25!

It's not even black Friday yet and the stuff I've bought is insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

Thanks, I’ll try the ROI address & addresspal options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Is the Anker deal still available? Using the app and when I got to check out only the Anker20 code is working but no others...

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Is 2H8MY6AX still working? Doesn't seem to apply for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Is 2H8MY6AX still working? Doesn't seem to apply for me.

Not working for me either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Apply:

40% is 2H8MY6AX

Then apply:

ANKERS20 for 20%

Secret Santa present sorted with that! Cheers!

Ordered one for myself aswell, might get use of that link up feature!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Am I missing something?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CSPLGV9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&psc=1

It's 35.99 pounds.

The first code does not seem to work anymore. The second one still works.

I am supposed to enter both codes in the same area, right? Gift cards & promotional codes, during checkout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just used it successfully at half 12 for two, tried to use it again on a different account and it doesn't work anymore! Must be done!

2H8MY6AX is dead it seems. I don't know why I'm annoyed, I have no use whatsoever for this speaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

2H8MY6AX is dead it seems. I don't know why I'm annoyed, I have no use whatsoever for this speaker

Neither do I, but it would've been a nice secret santa gift as others have mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

40% off seems to be gone from the promotional message part as well

If I decide to sell mine on for cost price I'll let you know since you're cork based! :P

You could walk down the street with it in a hoody like that tracksuit guy omega gene mentioned!

Doge wrote: »
    If I decide to sell mine on for cost price I'll let you know since you're cork based! :P

You could walk down the street with it in a hoody like that tracksuit guy omega gene mentioned!

Jesus that reminds me of the bi-podding phase a few years back, gob****es walking down the street together sharing a pair of crappy earphones:pac:

Jesus that reminds me of the bi-podding phase a few years back, gob****es walking down the street together sharing a pair of crappy earphones:pac:
    I actually have a little headphone amp that allows you to connect 2 pairs of headphones to it at once. :D

Can't say I ever used it walking down the street though with a friend though!

https://youtu.be/zzlzx8D4hYw?t=257

Worth watching the whole video instead of just the part I skipped to! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

And I'm in the market as of today for a new speaker too, just missed out!

Will have to stalk the forums hourly for the next few days it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

****e! had been looking at them during the week and missed this last night:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Picked up 3 of them lastnight. Don't know much about them but felt I couldn't leave them behind after seeing msg's on here. Bought them in 2 seperate orders. Is there anyway I can combine the 2 orders so to avoid two charges on parcelmotel? Couldn't see anything through the app to combine deliveries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Not sure why you used parcel motel - it was free delivery to ROI.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

mjp wrote: »
    Picked up 3 of them lastnight. Don't know much about them but felt I couldn't leave them behind after seeing msg's on here. Bought them in 2 seperate orders. Is there anyway I can combine the 2 orders so to avoid two charges on parcelmotel? Couldn't see anything through the app to combine deliveries

No, Amazon UK don't let you combine deliveries. US does though as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Balls. Thought was £6 for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

Sometimes I choose Parcel Motel for these 4 reasons:
    - Amazon deliver quicker to the UK (sometimes by around ~5 days)
    - I might not be home to accept delivery on the expected date
    - If its over £100 (and fits in a PM locker) then the item starts to become cheaper even with PM costs as you pay 3% less vat. [Tip: use Revolut (or similar) card to save on exchange rates/fees]
    - If they don't delivery to Republic of Ireland

@mjp: 1 option is that you can still change your delivery address (if they haven't processed yet) to Ireland for 1/both of them. But they seem quick recently as 1 order I made this morning which is going to PM, I can't change address but I have done in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

mjp wrote: »

Nope, you can't combine orders, you must pay for every delivery I'm afraid.

I use parcel motel when I can't be at present to collect a delivery. The benefit of being able to pick the item up at a time that suits me can be worth the extra cost sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

No, Amazon UK don't let you combine deliveries. US does though as far as I remember.

I use Us amazon a fair bit. They let you select fewer deliveries but I made two orders yesterday that were split into 5 packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

sweetie wrote: »
    I use Us amazon a fair bit. They let you select fewer deliveries but I made two orders yesterday that were split into 5 packages.

Do you use address pal for deliveries, just checked the price for the US, is there much of a saving as the AP charge isnt cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Do you use address pal for deliveries, just checked the price for the US, is there much of a saving as the AP charge isnt cheap

no, I have a great wife who travels a lot for business and helps feed my vinyl addiction! Picked up the new Assassins creed for $28 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

sweetie wrote: »
    no, I have a great wife who travels a lot for business and helps feed my vinyl addiction! Picked up the new Assassins creed for $28 this morning.

That explains it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Has anyone ordered power banks from amazon? I have tried both .com and .co.uk and neither will allow me ship to Ireland or via parcel motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

wawaman wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered power banks from amazon? I have tried both .com and .co.uk and neither will allow me ship to Ireland or via parcel motel

Use address pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got on that AMEX Glitch this morning. Cancelled an item I ordered which was £24. Ordered it again with a Firestick as well and used the AMEX £25 off £40+ spend and got both for £23.99. Took Amazon an hour to catch on and cancel the discount code people were using. I used a Visa not an AMEX. Anybody else get an order placed? It was a sweet deal.

They're not cancelling orders sucessfully placed just stopped the code from working.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dammit, too slow on the Anker speakers.

Look like the brothers are getting socks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I have gotten power banks via Address Pal even though they are supposedly prohibited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

You have to use Address pal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

for those looking at powerbanks i picked up a cheap anaker one here that was posted during the year. no messing about with forwarding services too. https://www.mymemory.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭p15574

Any opinions on this Motorola phone, reduced to £130? Nice price, but I wonder if it's worth waiting for a better-specced Chinese one to drop, eg this Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, currently £173. It has 4Gb RAM & 64Gb, compared to the Moto's 3Gb/32Gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

p15574 wrote: »
    Any opinions on this Motorola phone, reduced to £130? Nice price, but I wonder if it's worth waiting for a better-specced Chinese one to drop, eg this Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, currently £173. It has 4Gb RAM & 64Gb, compared to the Moto's 3Gb/32Gb.

Have the A2 Lite and it's a great phone. Battery lasts a full day easily, even with heavy use.

Posted elsewhere in BA is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 via 3 but sim-free for €150 (€140 phone + €10 top-up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Agree on the Mi A2 Lite, have it only 4 weeks but count it a great phone. Also costs about €165 delivered from amazon.es depending on colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Berty wrote: »
    Got on that AMEX Glitch this morning. Cancelled an item I ordered which was £24. Ordered it again with a Firestick as well and used the AMEX £25 off £40+ spend and got both for £23.99. Took Amazon an hour to catch on and cancel the discount code people were using. I used a Visa not an AMEX. Anybody else get an order placed? It was a sweet deal.

They're not cancelling orders sucessfully placed just stopped the code from working.

Rather than waste time browsing, I just cancelled an order and ordered 2 again to get over the 40 pound mark.
    (19.98 each but Irish vat took me over 40 pound.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072HTBPKD

Item Subtotal: £33.30
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Promotion Applied: -£20.32
    Total before VAT: £12.98
    VAT: £2.98
    Order Total: £15.96

16 pound for 108 rolls of andrex.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Rather than waste time browsing, I just cancelled an order and ordered 2 again to get over the 40 pound mark.
    (19.98 each but Irish vat took me over 40 pound.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072HTBPKD

Item Subtotal: £33.30
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Promotion Applied: -£20.32
    Total before VAT: £12.98
    VAT: £2.98
    Order Total: £15.96

16 pound for 108 rolls of andrex.
    :pac:

What was the promotion code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

What was the promotion code?

AMEX25SWP but its expired now.

It was supposed to be for American express card holders only but it worked for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Got an email from Amazon saying the Anker speaker has dispatched, woot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭icom

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Got an email from Amazon saying the Anker speaker has dispatched, woot!

Me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Ryath

Me three! :D

p15574 wrote: »

I have the G6. Great phone and near stock android. The battery is probably the weakest part of it but great premium looking phone for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any link for Seiko watches on sale?
    FatRat wrote: »
    Great deals on Seiko watches at the moment. Decent selection of €100-€300 value watches. How did Amazon know I was looking to buy one and was about to buy one last week! Will probably get 2 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Any link for Seiko watches on sale?

Was only for yesterday. There was 8 watches on sale, most for less than 100 quid. Bought 2! Both of them selling for around 250 each on Seiko website, was 170 total or so for both. Some of the watches they have are still very cheap on Amazon compared to most other reailers. Hugo boss watches are on sale today instead of Seiko it seems.

Has anyone ever returned anything back to Amazon.de / Germany?

Do you have to pay shipping yourself or will they do it for you?

The MotoG5S Plus I bought I'd faulty, it kept rebooting randomly when setting it up and now it won't even turn on after afactory reset!

Annoying as it was a birthday present.

Quite some time ago I bought a HTC M9 from Amazon.de The volume button was missing. Tried Amazon customer service in Germany but couldn't get someone to speak English.
    Got on to Amazon UK and the replaced it for me after I explained.

Quite some time ago I bought a HTC M9 from Amazon.de The volume button was missing. Tried Amazon customer service in Germany but couldn't get someone to speak English.
    Got on to Amazon UK and the replaced it for me after I explained.

I should have chanced my arm and asked the UK if they'd replace it.

Its on its way to germany now, cost €14 tracked so if they only refund €11 max Ill only be down €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Has anyone ever returned anything back to Amazon.de / Germany?

Do you have to pay shipping yourself or will they do it for you?

The MotoG5S Plus I bought I'd faulty, it kept rebooting randomly when setting it up and now it won't even turn on after afactory reset!

Annoying as it was a birthday present.

I sent a G5S back to Germany a few weeks ago, I paid for the postage in the post office and they refunded me for the postage almost straight away, and they refunded me for the phone when they received it. I didn't use tracking either.

DavyC2 wrote: »
    I sent a G5S back to Germany a few weeks ago, I paid for the postage in the post office and they refunded me for the postage almost straight away, and they refunded me for the phone when they received it. I didn't use tracking either.

Was yours defective also? :eek:

Damn I'm wondering should i have asked for a refund now!

Quality control must have gone to ****e since Lenovo took over, there was visible marks on the back of the case also.

My fathers G5S has been perfect though since i got it for him last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement