Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Gal44 wrote: »
    Will Zara do anything for Black Friday?

not on amazon anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Is there any chance an annual prime membership will be sold at a reduced price?

Did they do that before on prime day or a previous black friday or am I mistaken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Bose QC20s are £149 . Amazing little headphones if you want noise cancellation without having to carry huge cans.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Did they do that before on prime day or a previous black friday or am I mistaken?

I don't recall that. I do recall a post on here about getting student prime. It's free for 6 months, then £39 for the year. Costs about 15 euro to set yourself up as a student.

Credit Blazer
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107577732&postcount=554

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭shovel

I have a first and second generation firesticks and prime membership.
    If you had the choice of the 4k firestick or Nvidia shield.what would you pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Waste of money

It takes 5 minutes to open a new account

You can flick from one account to another to scoop up all the £5 and £6 promotions that appear on the different accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Yeah, bought the annual membership for £59 on Prime Day I think, usually £79 for the year.

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Waste of money

You can flick from one account to another to scoop up all the £5 and £6 promotions that appear on the different accounts

I'll spend the <£5 per month to NOT have to do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Waste of money

Absolute effort 39 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

I ordered this TaoTronics Bluetooth receiver / adapter a few days ago with £3 off bringing the total to £13.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D29MTX5/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's out of stock atm but it arrived today, and wow the max volume of this thing will give you ear damage when using wired headphones with it! Much louder than plugging my headphones directly into my tablet.

Sound quality seems to be just as good as connecting the headphones directly.
    You can connect 2 Bluetooth devices to it simultaneously also, so handy for hooking it upto a non Bluetooth sound system at a party or to your aux in your car. Also handy for watching TV late at night on your headphones when people are asleep.

It comes with a little 3.5mm male to male cable and a 3.5mm female to 2 male RCA's for attaching onto the male to male cable so you can plug into old hifis or modern ones.

If the 55 hour battery life is to be believed then that's pretty impressive.
    The one thing it lacks is a mic of any kind so would be useless for calls, and also no volume control buttons.

I also ordered these Taotronics ANC wireless Bluetooth headphones for a friend on promotion for £35.99 and he loves them .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C7PKBYZ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very comfortable with longer battery life than anything else in the price range , decent sound although I can't comment on how good the active noise cancelling is as I didn't try it out, also no lag when connected to via Bluetooth to a TV or something that plays videos.
    The alternative was to buy some of the lower end Sony wireless headphones but reviews said they broke easily and battery life isn't half as good.

So that's basically my introduction to the Taotronics brand and I'm pretty impressed.
    Last time I liked a brand so much was when I discovered Anker.

And no I don't work for Taotronics! :pac: Just giving people a heads up on some decent products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

How does yesterday's toothbrush compare with today's Oral B 5000?

Philips Sonicare 4300 £55 (was £50 yesterday) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B18JQRZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Oral B £50 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DY36JF4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Posted this in the non chat thread too, 149.

I know they're out a long time, but what's people's opinions on these?

Logitech Z906 Stereo Speakers 3D 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound, THX, 1000 W, Ideal For TV and Living Room https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MY4PU6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_OHa9BbC7FBW4B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Etnies wrote: »
    Absolute effort 39 for the year.

When you have about 6 accounts going

You'll find at any time there will be a promotion for free prime or a £6 off on any 1 account

Same address and payment details for each account and simply a matter of scrolling down when logging in to choose account.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

I'm dithering over whether to pick up one of the Fire tablets for a 10 year old or go for something else.

It'd be mainly used for games, supervised browsing, etc., but she also wants to be able to do a good bit of word processing, etc. so I'm wondering if the Fire would be limited in that respect? The ability to lock it down is hugely appealing, but is there anything else to keep an eye out for as an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

honda boi wrote: »
    Only thing putting me off is I have the original firestick and it's slow as hell doing anything!!
    I'm hoping and surely there would be an improvement on speed!

Yes, there's a big improvement on speed. I would throw the 1st gen in the bin. The 2nd gen is much better and a great little workhorse. The newest one will be a bit faster again plus has tv controls on the remote which is practically worth the punt just for that simple feature.
    shovel wrote: »
    I have a first and second generation firesticks and prime membership.
    If you had the choice of the 4k firestick or Nvidia shield.what would you pick

If money is no object then absolutely the nvidia shield is the superior product. However there's nothing wrong with the newer fire sticks which can easily run prime video, netflix, kodi without a bother. I'm speaking from experience as I have a shield downstairs and a fire stick upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

dulpit wrote: »
    The fire tv sticks have all of the prime video stuff showing, but won't work even if you subscribe to prime (or at least has never worked for me).

I have a firestick and prime video works fine. I suscribe to prime though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Has Prime video improved in Ireland? Last time I checked it was shiite with only a few series and mostly old films.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Frunchy wrote: »
    Has Prime video improved in Ireland? Last time I checked it was shiite with only a few series and mostly old films.

Still fairly rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Frunchy wrote: »

TV is quite good. No change from your last visit on the movie front. If anything it has gotten worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I don't recall that. I do recall a post on here about getting student prime. It's free for 6 months, then £39 for the year. Costs about 15 euro to set yourself up as a student.

Credit Blazer
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107577732&postcount=554

Doesn’t seem to work anymore. ecareers is coming up as not a college! Worth a try tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Register your PM/PW address as your home address and then go to "Manage your content and devices", click Preferences, and change your country to UK. Under EU rules (for now) they have to treat you as permanently roaming in Ireland and give you UK content.

I find it pretty good for some TV series you can't find elsewhere like Vikings, Sneaky Pete, Jack Ryan... good stuff to have for free if you're already paying for Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nonbank98

So I have a question and I know no one completely knows what's going on sale but does anyone have an idea if the ps4 1tb edition with spiderman will go down to the 200 euro area like it has done in the us. p.s all help is really appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Register your PM/PW address as your home address and then go to "Manage your content and devices", click Preferences, and change your country to UK. Under EU rules (for now) they have to treat you as permanently roaming in Ireland and give you UK content.

I find it pretty good for some TV series you can't find elsewhere like Vikings, Sneaky Pete, Jack Ryan... good stuff to have for free if you're already paying for Prime.

I did the same but didn't need to change any addresses.
    I just got onto live chat and asked them to switch my prime video location to the UK.
    Good bit of stuff to watch now

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

That Santoku knife that was going for £10 last week arrived. Unreal quality and lovely casing. Sick i didn't get another one or two for various kris kindle stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

iggy wrote: »
    I just got onto live chat and asked them to switch my prime video location to the UK.

I'm almost sure I did that awhile ago, although I've only started to watch it lately. Batman VS Superman used to be the confirmation of UK content, but it seems to be only available to buy now, can anyone confirm is Batman Vs Superman still free on UK location ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That Santoku knife that was going for £10 last week arrived. Unreal quality and lovely casing. Sick i didn't get another one or two for various kris kindle stuff.

Have you a link so I can keep an eye on it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

iggy wrote: »

And they did it without question?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Inquitus wrote:
    Does not ship to Ireland, can Parcel Motel handle a box this big?

From the other no chat thread. They will, but at an extra fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

DavyC2 wrote: »
    I'm almost sure I did that awhile ago, although I've only started to watch it lately. Batman VS Superman used to be the confirmation of UK content, but it seems to be only available to buy now, can anyone confirm is Batman Vs Superman still free on UK location ?

I was at the brothers in the UK last week and went to watch it on Prime but you could only rent it or buy it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

RossieMan wrote: »
    From the other no chat thread. They will, but at an extra fee.

I believe they can but due to the weight and size, you will be charged more and either have to arrange to collect from the warehouse or pay more again for home delivery. DPD Parcel Wizard may be better option.

Advertisement