Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Shame my name was misquoted, its B not 8!!! :D

Happens all the time, I'm used to it...:(

But nice to get a shout out though!!! Perfect way to end a week in work!

I didn’t even notice if it’s consolation!

Love that it plays in the background while you use other apps.

Yep, great way to finish off the working week.

Really got me in the mood now.......’deck the halls’ on now :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Listen in over the weekend here whilst getting all the decorations arranged.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Listen in over the weekend here whilst getting all the decorations arranged.

I was listening to it yesterday while cooking dinner. It was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Has the frequency changed this year? The preset on the car radio gave me some other station, or is it just online atm?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Has the frequency changed this year? The preset on the car radio gave me some other station, or is it just online atm?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

It's not live on the radio yet...only on their app.

It's not live on the radio yet...only on their app.

Suspected that. App for now it is so!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kVZ0k6M.jpg

It’s about time :P

Threw a request in there so keep your ears perked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

New relay added for 2019 in Waterford City on 105.9MHz

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The Xmas FM frequencies are used by other temporary services at other times of the year. In Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway, Irish language pop station Raidio Ri-Ra was on air for about a week there recently

marno21 wrote: »
    The Xmas FM frequencies are used by other temporary services at other times of the year. In Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway, Irish language pop station Raidio Ri-Ra was on air for about a week there recently

Yep, Ri-Ra was showing on my car radio my preset Christmas FM station.

This day next week ChristmasFM is back LIVE on the radio airwaves!! :D

Loughc wrote: »
    This day next week ChristmasFM is back LIVE on the radio airwaves!! :D

This and the Toy Show the next day, really ramps up the Christmas spirit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nannyq

cant wait !!!! Love this time of year

https://christmasfm.com/our-fm-frequencies/

The Frequencies have been set for 2019.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Only 3 non-Christmas FM days left! :D

Posy wrote: »
    Only 3 non-Christmas FM days left! :D

It’s Christmas launch week. Christmas FM and the Toy show. And the tree will be going up. Can not wait.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

And it's Advent Calendar opening week. :D

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s Christmas launch week. Christmas FM and the Toy show. And the tree will be going up. Can not wait.
    Posy wrote: »
    And it's Advent Calendar opening week. :D

Had my first mince pie yesterday to kick the week off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Myself and the Mrs will listen to the first song together on Christmas FM and it will be the official first song of listening to Christmas music in general. Last year I was in the office with headphones on and she was in a shop also with headphones on, the pogues was the first song and we just messaged each other on what's app and both of us where very emotional in a good way. Christmas FM is a massive part of our family Christmas and to anyone seeing this from Christmas FM, thanks for everything ye do, it's always such an amazing cause. Roll on Thursday ho ho ho. Wonder what the first song will be ???

Any bets on the first 'live' song being 'Its beginning to look alot like christmas' again? I'd say its odds on!!

It's defo Christmas shoes. What it should be is Tom Jones 'Baby its cold outside'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Jude13 wrote: »
    It's defo Christmas shoes. What it should be is Tom Jones 'Baby its cold outside'.

Here here, ironically out with the snowflakes :-)

Twas a lack of requests not any complaints I believe. As it would be day 1 a lack of requests couldn't be the issue, so text in the first hour.

How do they decide what the first song will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Cant wait I haven't listened to Christmas music yet, it really is Christmas launch week, I am putting my tree up Thursday while Christmas fm on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I actually have some weird barrier that won't let me listen to a Christmas song each year until Christmas FM goes live

Roll on Thursday!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

TRS30 wrote: »
    How do they decide what the first song will be?

I think its been "its beginning to look a lot like Christmas" each year since at least 2014 anyway

Advertisement