Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

So to be clear, the Christmas FM app stays the Christmas FM App. We don't want to disappoint those who listen to Christmas music all year round. Yes they do exist and yes im always amazed by the figures.

Great to hear. I only dip in and out during the year until I go full time in late November. However I'm sure there are some hard core who going full time all year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Halloween FM goes live tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Is it a different ap LoughC... I was listening to ChristmasFM last week...and what came on.... Christmas Shoes.....made me a blubbering idiot.....again !!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it a different ap LoughC... I was listening to ChristmasFM last week...and what came on.... Christmas Shoes.....made me a blubbering idiot.....again !!

Yea it's a different app, you can find it online on TuneIn.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Christmas FM’s Instagram says 27 days and counting :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Xmas FM 2019:

Dublin City and County: 105.2
    Cork City and part county: 106.7
    Limerick City: 105.5
    Galway city: 87.7
    Kilkenny City: 104.3
    Wicklow Town: 106.6
    South East: 103.8
    Kildare: 88.1
    Bray: 99.5
    Longford: 101.6
    Cavan: 99.4
    Kerry: 105.0
    Clare: 105.2
    North East Donegal: 105.7
    Sligo: 95.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I love driving down to Limerick listening to Christmas FM and singing along spotting other drivers doing the same.

This is not a drill ChristmasFM have confirmed a go live date of November 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

S**t just got SERIOUS!!

I'm trying to hold off listening to Christmas music until Christmas fm goes live.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    This is not a drill ChristmasFM have confirmed a go live date of November 28th.

17 measly days, that will fly by :)
    Jude13 wrote: »
    I'm trying to hold off listening to Christmas music until Christmas fm goes live.

Me too, I did have a slight lapse and listened to Fairytale of NY, just once on youtube :D (mainly because we had been talking about it on here last week)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I remember the first time I heard Christmas FM

I was driving the back road's between Kinvara and The Burren Perfumery couldn't get a signal for a radio station, I hit the search button and it landed on Christmas FM

It was a blustery sleety damp cold afternoon, I remember it well.

A nice way to spend an afternoon driving through the Burren

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I usually try to wait until Dec. 1st but must admit I gave in for the train journey home from work last Friday. It was so wet, cold & miserable I couldnt resist putting on my christmas playlist.

I did skip FONY though, that has to wait until December.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Listening to ChristmasFM on the app and there is a DJ speaking between songs...asking for requests and donations for their official 2019 charity Barretstown... Is this a drill.....or a nod to the early users... Lovely cold day for listening to Christmas tunes !!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Listening to ChristmasFM on the app and there is a DJ speaking between songs...asking for requests and donations for their official 2019 charity Barretstown... Is this a drill.....or a nod to the early users... Lovely cold day for listening to Christmas tunes !!

White is in the winter night on now :):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Listening into the test broadcast now and heard a song I’ve never heard before. So excited about the launch!

Hoping they play Tom Jones and Cery's Matthew this year, I just can't fathom that it gets less requests than the least requested song on the station as claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Hoping they play Tom Jones and Cery's Matthew this year, I just can't fathom that it gets less requests than the least requested song on the station as claimed.

HA, likely story indeed

I wonder will that McDermott snowflake and his ilk be back on a crusade against FONY this year again?

I shall be requesting it, I am sure its a supply and demand as the money is for charity. Missed the hu-rah about FONY.

Anyway, baby its cold outside.

I shall be requesting it, I am sure its a supply and demand as the money is for charity. Missed the hu-rah about FONY.

Anyway, baby its cold outside.

Essentially Eoghan McDermott thought he could piggy back on the baby it’s cold outside movement and get himself famous and FONY banned from radio as it contained a slur word against homosexuals.

He got absolutely roasted for it and he put his tail between his legs and tried to brush it off by going ah sure it’s a great song. Etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

nthclare wrote: »
    I remember the first time I heard Christmas FM

I was driving the back road's between Kinvara and The Burren Perfumery couldn't get a signal for a radio station, I hit the search button and it landed on Christmas FM

It was a blustery sleety damp cold afternoon, I remember it well.

A nice way to spend an afternoon driving through the Burren

I was sat at the t junction at Northside scanning for pirate radio stations and found it.

So that's two Christmas memories i have of Northside. These days, we bring the kids to lullymore or rathwood santa, but for me the best Santa was the Northside sc Santa.
    To this day, the smell of melting plastic reminds me of Christmas due to the lights melting the black sacks they used to line the grotto walls with.

Peatys wrote: »
    I was sat at the t junction at Northside scanning for pirate radio stations and found it.

So that's two Christmas memories i have of Northside. These days, we bring the kids to lullymore or rathwood santa, but for me the best Santa was the Northside sc Santa.
    To this day, the smell of melting plastic reminds me of Christmas due to the lights melting the black sacks they used to line the grotto walls with.

Good old Northside SC, if you're of a certain vintage and lived in a certain area you probably have a childhood memory of the place!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

I'm live on ChristmasFm.com right now, first show of the year - streaming live. Anyone want a mention on air? :)

I'm live on ChristmasFm.com right now, first show of the year - streaming live. Anyone want a mention on air? :)

Just give the forum a mention, then we're all covered!;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

A big shout out to all on boards.ie from North Clare guy

DvB wrote: »
    Just give the forum a mention, then we're all covered!;)

This. Just turned in now, did I miss it??

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Love the jacket !!

DvB you’re famous :)

That jacket is top notch!

Thanks Ronan.

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    DvB you’re famous :)

That jacket is top notch!

Thanks Ronan.

Shame my name was misquoted, its B not 8!!! :D

Happens all the time, I'm used to it...:(

But nice to get a shout out though!!! Perfect way to end a week in work!

Advertisement