Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

Hi pat,
    Just wondering do you have any Italian cypress left?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

furiousox wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice/opinions on how best to apply Aventus?
    From Pat's bottle I spray twice onto my left palm, rub my hands together and apply to my cheeks, neck, and hair.
    Is this acceptable procedure?

You're in the wrong decade their chief.

The Brut forum is over there -->.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cormacs72 wrote: »
    Hi pat,
    Just wondering do you have any Italian cypress left?
    Thanks

Yes, have a few left. Will I put you down for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Screw it, throw me down for an Italian Cypress too!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

Can I get 2 of them and one of the Aventus please?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

furiousox wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice/opinions on how best to apply Aventus?
    From Pat's bottle I spray twice onto my left palm, rub my hands together and apply to my cheeks, neck, and hair.
    Is this acceptable procedure?

AHH, your messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

It's a fair question considering it's a niche product.

Italian Cypress all gone!

Received a nice haul of Xerjoff today. TBH I was of the mindset that their ($$$) stuff was more hype than substance, but after trying Ivory Route a couple of weeks ago, and now two more I have to say I think I got this one wrong - they produce some bloody good fragrances!

466460.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

The Acqua di Parma - Colonia Leather is really nice. Easily as good as Tuscan Leather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Those Xerjoff bottles look ace!!

Testament1 wrote: »
    Those Xerjoff bottles look ace!!

Have another on the way as well. Plus, here's some nice ones arrived today - yes, I did have to rub off fingerprints!
    466608.jpg

edit: sample service coming tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Those bottles look fantastic Pat :eek:
    Also received my package today. Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Package received here too pat, Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Package received pat thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Hey Padraig, can you let me know what you left that you can send quickly?

I lost my last noir bottle in work.:P:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

My package arrived safe and sound--yet again, the packaging resembled something that could survive a nuclear holocaust! Haven't had a chance to sample the goods yet. Thanks Pat!

Sample Group Buy

As promised! I'll do a large sample order from www.scentsamples.uk.com shortly to save on shipping etc for individuals.

How it'll work
    Check that site out, decide what samples you want (10ml max size please). Calculate the total price of them, convert it to Euro at the xe.com interbank rate, and send it to me (adding postage if applicable; see below) via your usual payment method (NB my bank account details changed in June 2018) with a note listing what you want - no mark up! If paying via Paypal, don't forget to add ~4% if using the Goods & Services method (or skip the fee and use Friends & Family) If you can't add the details as a note, just email me with what you want separately. I will not be sending my usual email / PM payment requests, but I will acknowledge your request. Please don't post your requests here. If you also need to pay for splits, please do it separately (I'll email you as usual about those if applicable). If you haven't taken part in a split before, PM me and I'll send my payment details.

Delivery
    If I'm including your samples with a courier package for splits: no charge.
    If I'm including your samples with an An Post package for splits in plastic bottles: no charge (but be mindful that I am limited in how much will fit in one box).
    If I'm sending your samples separately: they'll go via An Post in a small box; please add €4.30 shipping / handling.

Will you hold the samples for a later order and ship them with that?
    Yes.

Any catches?
    Not really. Note this service works best for those getting a small number of samples, or who will be getting a delivery from me anyway and so not paying shipping; if you want more than £10 of samples, and would be getting them shipped separately by me, you'll be just as well using Parcel Wizard / Motel instead.

When's it happening?
    We'll see how we go, but plan is to have this batch of them done and dusted before Christmas.

What samples should I get?
    The list below is an indicator of what I'll be doing next year, as well as the usual Creed, Tom Ford big ones, but you're free to order whatever you want.

Acqua di Parma - Cedro di Taormina
    Atelier Cologne - Philtre Ceylan
    Atelier Cologne - Trefle Pur**
    Atelier Cologne - Bergamote Soleil*
    Atelier Cologne - Oud Saphir**
    Cire Trudon - Mortel
    Creed - Vetiver Geranium
    Creed - Original Vetiver*
    Creed - Virgin Island Water*
    Frederic Malle - Musc Ravageur*
    Guerlain - Vetiver Extreme**
    Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT**
    Heeley - Sel Marin
    Heeley - Menthe Fraiche
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver**
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Acqua Vitae
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540 EdP**
    Mancera - The Aoud**
    Montale - Oudmazing
    Narciso Rodriguez - For Him EdP
    Profumum Roma - Acqua e Zucchero
    Stephane Humbert Lucas - 777 Soleil de Jeddah**
    Tiziana Terenzi - XIX March**
    Tom Ford - Lost Cherry
    Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood Intense
    Xerjoff - Renaissance**

* = very likely to be split, or will definitely be listed but will require quite a few names to go ahead.
    ** = definitely happening.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Hey Padraig, can you let me know what you left that you can send quickly?

I lost my last noir bottle in work.:P:mad:

I'll put up an updated list tomorrow I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I've got 10ml left of each of the following:
    Amouage Interlude
    Amouage Journey
    Amouage Figment (NB: unusual!)
    Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero

All serious heavy hitters! Want them done and gone - if anyone wants to take all four, they can have them for €75, instead of the €86.50 list. Available in glass bottles as usual, or also in plastic bottles via An Post.

Amouge figment, has a very similar smell to when you cut through timber with an electric saw. Some like it, some not. It is different I’ll give you thst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Amouge figment, has a very similar smell to when you cut through timber with an electric saw. Some like it, some not. It is different I’ll give you thst

Pat,

I'll take these if they are still available

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    It's funny, I just got a 'Figment experience' this weekend, albeit slightly different from yours. I was orienteering with my young fellow on Sunday and - bang! - I suddenly got a big dose of Figment from the damp forest floor.
    Soulsun wrote: »
    Pat,

I'll take these if they are still available
    Figment? Gone I'm afraid - and TBH that's not something I expected to write when I got it in, I thought I'd be stuck with it; just got it for the sake of it!

Updated 23/11/18 :

Note re 10ml splits and An Post shipping
    You can now choose to get 10ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers, but I can ship them via An Post at a considerably lower cost of €4.30 (up to 7 bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml splits in plastic atomisers.

I have the following available in hand or on the way as of 23/11/2018. That's it for 2018 folks - barring a big rush for Aventus, I won't be getting in anything else this year! Any of the below can be held until next year after payment if required.

Creed - Aventus: Seven bottles left @ €81 / 50ml
    Creed - Viking: Two bottles left @ €89 / 50ml.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: Three bottles left @ €93 / 50ml.
    Chanel - Gabrielle [female]: 2 x 10ml left @ €17.50 / 10ml.
    Amouage - Myths: Two x 10ml left @ €26 each (glass).
    Amouage - Lyric: 40ml available @ €22.50 / 63.40 for 10 / 30ml.
    Atelier Cologne - Tobacco Nuit: 50ml left of this cosy scent @ E33.50/54 for 25/50ml. RRP E95 / 30ml. 50ml available in original 200ml bottle if wanted.
    Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady: Last 10ml left of this heavy rose female scent @ €30.50 (glass).
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 40ml left @ €15/41 for 10/30ml. 30ml available in fancy original packaging if wanted.

Don't forget about the new sample service - details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Amouage - Myths: Two x 10ml left @ €26 (glass).

that for me please:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Creed - Viking - One
    Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady - Last one

For me please Pat.

I coulda sworn I threw my name down for the last Portrait a couple of weeks back, and you said I'd missed it?

Not to worry at this stage like.

Soarer wrote: »
    I coulda sworn I threw my name down for the last Portrait a couple of weeks back, and you said I'd missed it?

Not to worry at this stage like.

I actually made a mistake with the Frederic Malle lists - I put someone on the Portrait list who should have been on the Monsieur list (the two lists are located immediately next to each other in Excel), with the effective result that I allocated 10ml more Monsieur than I actually had, and 10ml less Portrait than I thought I had allocated. Because of the way I do my lists etc (I have two sets, one by fragrance, one by person), the person on the 'incorrect' list still actually got their Monsieur, but the mistake only came to light last Tuesday night when I was packing boxes and realised I was short of Monsieur (someone in that batch was down for - what I thought was - the last 10ml). Took a bit of investigation but eventually I copped what happened - first time I had someone on wrong list IIRC. Net result was a refund for the last Monsieur buyer, and 10ml Portrait becoming unexpectedly available, hence its listing. Unfortunately as I had thought it was all gone earlier, I hadn't noted any subsequent requests for it so listed it Friday.

That's not good enough.

Can I speak to the manager on duty please?! ;)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Amouage - Myths: Two x 10ml left @ €26 (glass).

that for me please:o

These are still available, and just to clarify it's €26 each for the two bottles remaining - apologies for the cack handed original text!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Fifaking12

Creed aventus interested if still available? Cheers.

Advertisement