Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

191 reg cars...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

thats not fitted as a factory option in many cars, usually after market alarms do it for some reason. I think the new 5 and 7 series are the only ones I know of with it.

That's a bit strange tbh, reason I ask is I was in the states and every car new/old big and small have that feature on the key fob and I never seen it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

That's a bit strange tbh, reason I ask is I was in the states and every car new/old big and small have that feature on the key fob and I never seen it here

id say because its only recent automatics are becoming a thing, its a feature that a manufacturer would never fit to a manual car incase it was left in gear. Also we dont have any extreme weather conditions that many states would. I see very little reason to have it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

has anyone seen anything interesting as in >250 lovely combustion fuelled horses yet ?

And this just popped up on instagram!

46634389881_2ffc88b47f_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

Nice Bentley there. Saw my first 191 today. Audi A7. Pulled straight out in front of me without indicating so I almost had a very close look at it. Appeared to be quick enough version as the driver put the boot down when they saw me slam on the brakes. Couldn't tell what engine was in it, but no TDI badge on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My missus’s uncle got a 191 Focus and only realized when he got home that it didn’t have a traditional handbrake, nor could he find it easily. He ended up having to park on the road and go back to the dealer the following morning to get a rundown on how it worked. You would think that if a salesman was handing over a car with a feature that wasn’t in the last one that they’d run through its operation with anyone buying one.

I remember my first Passat with an electric handbrake, so much I didn’t know and had to learn on the fly.. for example it took a while to figure out it would self release on a hill start etc.

Surely there was an owners manual in the glovebox?

Edit , bah, beaten to it.

And another!

32759987338_558d665f9a_c.jpg

The boom is well and truly back :cool:

And another!

attachment.php?attachmentid=11361&d=1546798734

fix the pic, i need to see the finery.

With automatics/hybrids etc this is not an option.

An automatic in park isnt going anywhere.

fix the pic, i need to see the finery.

Should be able to see it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

And another!

32759987338_558d665f9a_c.jpg

Marlay Park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

degsie wrote: »
    Marlay Park?

No, pitches at the back of UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,289 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Surely there was an owners manual in the glovebox?

Edit , bah, beaten to it.

It would also be mentioned in the sales brochure and also one of the first things you notice on the test drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Did they buy the car or hire it via PCP ?

Scoondal wrote: »
    Did they buy the car or hire it via PCP ?

you'd find a lot of those would be 'pool cars' owned by companies and financed through a commercial loan over 6 years or some other strategy. Can be quite tax friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Had to be a KE reg anyway. Boom country.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    Had to be a KE reg anyway. Boom country.

About time everyone just admitted the truth and renamed it Dublin west. Nice DW on the reg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Saw 3 19's today Hyundai Tucson x2 in white and a Blue Ford Focus :)

About time everyone just admitted the truth and renamed it Dublin west. Nice DW on the reg.

as a resident of north Kildare ill second this, south kildare is kildare , leixlip, celbridge, maynooth, kilcock, clane, straffan, sallins are all just dublin extensions really, sprawled from former dub residents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Is it just me but the chrome on the Bentley's talilights not lining up exactly would bother me.

ofcork wrote: »
    Is it just me but the chrome on the Bentley's talilights not lining up exactly would bother me.

For the funds it would set you back it's an abomination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Autosport wrote: »
    Saw 3 19's today Hyundai Tucson x2 in white and a Blue Ford Focus :)
    Spotted THE famous Blue 191 Focus in Portlaoise yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

a neighbour was nearly killed two years ago when her passat electric handbrake failed on an incline just as she was going to get a baby buggy out of the boot , the car rolled over her and pinned her breaking her pelvis and leg , she was lucky that they were able to save her leg . i think she still walks with a limp today , lucky to be alive .

Assuming you mean Grange. I remember that. She got an awful doing. She'll never be 100% right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

ofcork wrote: »

Looks like cheap Halfords trim, nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Saw my first one this morning. A grey VW Tiguan. I think the owner previously had a 161 wine Tiguan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Diseased toe

Hyundai Kona Electric in Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭vectra

191 Kuga going through town yesterday evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen my first ones today - Merc E Class and Mitsubishi Outlander.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Saw a E-Class 200D yesterday - 191-KE-200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seen my first ones today - Merc E Class and Mitsubishi Outlander.

Saw a grey E Class coupe in Childers Road yesterday, hardly same one? Nice looking car to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭helen87

my birthday present from me to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

as a resident of north Kildare ill second this, south kildare is kildare , leixlip, celbridge, maynooth, kilcock, clane, straffan, sallins are all just dublin extensions really, sprawled from former dub residents.

As a native of south kildare we don't count north kildare as kildare. If you've got an 01 phone number or a dublin bus service you're not kildare! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

191 Kia Sportage bought to replace a 181 Sportage. I know yer man that bought it and the poor car will never see higher than 3rd gear and the engine will barely be warmed up.
    Stupid, buying a diesel and at most doing a few km a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

191 Kia Sportage bought to replace a 181 Sportage. I know yer man that bought it and the poor car will never see higher than 3rd gear and the engine will barely be warmed up.
    Is he a friend of the guy in Laois?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Herself's father is the same.

Has a 162 Qashqai diesel, does 6km back and forth daily commute to work, traded it in for a 191 Qashqai diesel, I tried to say it to him but theres no getting through to some people. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

my ould fella has a 142 qashqai and only creeps into town ( 4klms ) every day so its not even getting warm , hes had it back a few times because the " start / stop " keeps showing a malfunction and they finally told him in nissan that he is not driving it on enough , seemingly they have some sort of smart alternator fitted and if its not getting enough of a charge daily it will start to shut off non vital components such as " start / stop " etc , i keep telling the ould to drive the ****e out of it for at least an hour once a week but he wont heed me just keeps giving off about " too much electronics in these new cars "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Saw a grey E Class coupe in Childers Road yesterday, hardly same one? Nice looking car to be fair.

Saw it out in Raheen but it was a grey saloon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Neighbour of ours here in North Kildare took delivery of a new grey Tucson the other day - 191-KE-1!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

madds wrote: »
    Neighbour of ours here in North Kildare took delivery of a new grey Tucson the other day - 191-KE-1!!

They paid 1000 euro to reserve the plate, and skimped on the specifications. It's only a Comfort plus, no leather, no rear reverse camera, 3" smaller info screen, no wireless charging, no apple / google play that's all in the next spec up Executive, an extra 2k!
    Typical Irish plate snobbery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dia1988 wrote: »
    They paid 1000 euro to reserve the plate, and skimped on the specifications. It's only a Comfort plus, no leather, no Sat Nav that's in the next spec up Executive.
    Typical Irish plate snobbery!

Or they picked the specification to suit themselves.
    If you don't like leather and don't need sat nav why pay for them?

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Or they picked the specification to suit themselves.
    If you don't like leather and don't need sat nav why pay for them?

Do they Need a 191Ke1 reg?

Do they Need a 191Ke1 reg?

Probably not, but they might want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

my ould fella has a 142 qashqai and only creeps into town ( 4klms ) every day so its not even getting warm , hes had it back a few times because the " start / stop " keeps showing a malfunction and they finally told him in nissan that he is not driving it on enough , seemingly they have some sort of smart alternator fitted and if its not getting enough of a charge daily it will start to shut off non vital components such as " start / stop " etc , i keep telling the ould to drive the ****e out of it for at least an hour once a week but he wont heed me just keeps giving off about " too much electronics in these new cars "

Diesel too I take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Woman I work with came back to work today with a Peugeot 5008. Bought a new Sportage last year and said it was fairly crap for fitting anything in once the double buggy was in the boot.

Also saw a Sligo reg red X-Trail and a white Passat.

Mod edit. Any more of this and its a ban

Women :rolleyes:

Yes, I am one. Your point is?

• Advertisement

Woman I work with came back to work today with a Peugeot 5008. Bought a new Sportage last year and said it was fairly crap for fitting anything in once the double buggy was in the boot.

Also saw a Sligo reg red X-Trail and a white Passat.

I always wonder do the owners commonly confuse their silver or at a push gunmetal grey sportage or 5008 with the hoards of other ones in the supermarket car park or outside swimming lessons. The only way to distinguish it must be the reg plate.

Scarlet for susan in her 171 sportage, her PCP deal doesnt end till next year, she cant have the latest in tesco carpark chic just yet, but her 201 faux by four must be on her mind already. Im sure her conversation with all the others in the new build 3 bed semi detached house in some soulless suburb land have already begun. They'll decide on a concensus , itll be silver and bog spec again, but will it be kia, hyundai or possibly Peugeot or Renault this time round.

I see the Dublin mayoral car this year is an S90 T8..beats the D4 from the previous few years

A cool €90k iirc

I always wonder do the owners commonly confuse their silver or at a push gunmetal grey sportage or 5008 with the hoards of other ones in the supermarket car park or outside swimming lessons. The only way to distinguish it must be the reg plate.

Scarlet for susan in her 171 sportage, her PCP deal doesnt end till next year, she cant have the latest in tesco carpark chic just yet, but her 201 faux by four must be on her mind already. Im sure her conversation with all the others in the new build 3 bed semi detached house in some soulless suburb land have already begun. They'll decide on a concensus , itll be silver and bog spec again, but will it be kia, hyundai or possibly Peugeot or Renault this time round.

Most people don't care about spec, engine size etc. They just want to go from A to B. Registrations in Roscommon are just tipping over 100. Had a look at some of them on cartell a while ago. They are mainly made up of Volkswagen (Passat/Tiguan), Hyundai (Tucson), Ford (Focus/Fiesta) and Nissan (Pulsar/Qashqai).

Not wildly suprising as those are the main dealerships in the county. Did spot two A6 and an Ioniq among the regs.

Yeah, just noticed this evening they are available on Motorcheck.

Tried a few interesting Dublin combinations, 999; 666; 123; 191 etc. Nothing interesting at all, bar an X5 M50d 191-D-191. 666 is a red Suzuki Vitara!

Guess what 191KY1 is attached to?

A CLAAS tractor!

For something that'll spend most of it's time in a field that 1k wasn't well spent imo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement