Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 College Football Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

That is a sensational throw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I know the commentary keeps going on about all the injuries on Oklahoma defense, but christ their secondary is hopeless.

Amazing throw though

That’s some play on the interception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

3rd and 18. No bother.

Blowout before half time.

This is unreal stuff.

Horrible spectacle though, the gulf in class is just too much. This is why there shouldn't be an 8 or 16 team playoff. There'll be too many blowouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Horrible spectacle though, the gulf in class is just too much. This is why there shouldn't be an 8 or 16 team playoff. There'll be too many blowouts.

Huge difference in standards alright. There does be bitching in media about favouritism towards the Sec compared to the other organisations {big 10 etc) in the rankings, but the likes of today would suggest there could be 3 SEC teams in the top 4 - Alabama might be beaten today, but wouldn't concede 50 by HT.

Up 35 but still going for it on 4th down. No letting up here.

• Advertisement

Has the mercy rule ever been used in the finals? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

That was incredible by LSU. They did that in 3rd gear.

Hoping for a great game here between Ohio State and Clemson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,943 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tigers somehow manage to pull out the win. I don't think they have any hope of beating LSU though.
    That LSU offense is as good as I've ever seen in college football. Burrow is the certain no.1 pick in the draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Burrow had the same amount of TD’s yesterday at the stadium as Matt Ryan all season!!!

Clemson beat Ohio in the second semifinal, a tight game with Trevor Lawrence playing a big part going by the highlights only.
    Couple of big calls going Clemsons way though at important times, especially a call for targeting Lawrence and a call for an incomplete pass that was fumbled for a TD return for Ohio.

Interesting to see what Clemson have in store for Joe and the LSU offence in a couple of weeks time.

Latest example of why ESPN is a trash, classless network across all their media formats.

https://streamable.com/1pw3x

• Advertisement

Latest example of why ESPN is a trash, classless network across all their media formats.

https://streamable.com/1pw3x
    "Hey I know what to ask a 23 year old kid coming off one of the biggest highs of his life...."

They also only mentioned it about 8 times during the game just randomly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,070 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Love the catchy title for this one The Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. Trips off the tongue.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl today.

Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl today.

I thought you were joking until I actually checked.

I thought you were joking until I actually checked.

No, Tony there grinning in the centre of the pitch, and on all the shirts.

Enjoying most of these bowl games though, very entertaining, most have been pretty good close.

• Advertisement

No, Tony there grinning in the centre of the pitch, and on all the shirts.

Enjoying most of these bowl games though, very entertaining, most have been pretty good close.

I see they replaced the Gatorade shower with a Frosties shower at the end.

Wow, a trick play from Navy (a forward pass) and they win it.

Wow, a trick play from Navy (a forward pass) and they win it.

It was another good game, always felt Navy would probably sneak it but Kansas kept it interesting all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Got a feeling the Tigers will take this easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Kinda weird how quiet the build up has been after all the hype going into the last four. Kinda hard to call, been fun first quarter though.

God I'm slow on the uptake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

good game so far. i love this game in the middle of january when nothing else on

I thought I'd try my hand and picking a winner after the game, seems to be a new boards tradition.

Don't follow NCAAF much any more, but I thought LSU looked unbeatable after what they did to Oklahoma.

Lawrence starting to miss on a lot of passes, overthrowing and high. Clemson D will have to step up to keep them in the game now.

Stressful game.

Clemson not backing down. Slugfest.

• Advertisement

Burrow hasn't looked right since halftime. That shot on the td pass before halftime may have injured him.

Absurdly long game - I woke up earlier this morning looking for highlights and there were none - there was still a minute and change left!

Absurdly long game - I woke up earlier this morning looking for highlights and there were none - there was still a minute and change left!

Yea, didn't stay up for it, but checking for highlights on YT etc, and only first half ones available.

Thought Clemson might do it, thought their defence might be ably for Joe and the boys, but fair play, they maintained their form for the whole season and deserve the title.

Where is he going next year, in the draft?

No 1 to Cincinnati

Burrow is incredible, hope the Bengals use the rest of their draft picks on offensive linemen to give him a chance to be successful.

Incredible season by lsu. I've been following about 10 years now and that's the best team I've seen...

The defense stood strong too.

mooreman09 wrote:
    Incredible season by lsu. I've been following about 10 years now and that's the best team I've seen...
    Its the best offense I've ever seen in all my time watching college football.
    mooreman09 wrote:
    The defense stood strong too.
    Defense was great the other night, they got stronger as the season wore on.

Pleasantly surprised to find Clemson v Notre Dame on sky sports tonight. Didn't realise they had an NCAAF. Great shoing from Notre Dame so far.

ooops, used the 2019 thread........don't see a 2020 one though. Apols if I bumped a thread from the dead!

• Advertisement

TD-saving tackle by the punter after a missed long FG attempt at the half. The Returner tried to Antonio Brown-him to the face, but the punter was having none of it!!

Well this has been the most enjoyable game of the year so far to watch.

That was wild. Haven't watched a game like that for years. You'd have to think Clemson would win with a healthy Lawrence though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That was worth staying up for.

Great game and some celebrations at the end

Not sure I'd be too comfortable about the celebrations at the end, but that was a great win. Long overdue that nd did the business against a big time opponent. The Lawrence situation obviously changes things but it wasn't like Clemson didn't have a seriously good back performance at qb. That was a win worth remembering and should put them to no 1. Bet there'll be some reason not to of course.

Agree on the celebrations, got to imagine they won't be allowing any fans for the next few home games after that.

• Advertisement

Will the Irish go number 1 after that is the question and how far do Clemson fall?
    Obviously they'll likely face Notre Dame again in the ACC Championship game.

eagle eye wrote:
    Will the Irish go number 1 after that is the question and how far do Clemson fall? Obviously they'll likely face Notre Dame again in the ACC Championship game.

Without Lawrence and losing in double ot to the #4 ranked team, i could see them drop to #3 with ND rising to #2.

It would be great to see them face off again later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Without Lawrence and losing in double ot to the #4 ranked team, i could see them drop to #3 with ND rising to #2.

It would be great to see them face off again later in the year.

Alabama are number 1, but I'm not sure why, I know they are 6-0, but last Saturday week they beat a team 41-0, and the opposition quarterback was probably the worst I have ever seen, Mississippi State he was playing for, and I didn't check this but it said that he threw for 602 yards against LSU, if thats true, I have no idea how it happened and they must be complete rubbish. I can't rank anyone because I hardly ever watch it, but the Clemson Notre Dame game was amazing. Some drive at the end to tie it at 33 each.

Alabama are number 1, but I'm not sure why, I know they are 6-0, but last Saturday week they beat a team 41-0, and the opposition quarterback was probably the worst I have ever seen, Mississippi State he was playing for, and I didn't check this but it said that he threw for 602 yards against LSU, if thats true, I have no idea how it happened and they must be complete rubbish. I can't rank anyone because I hardly ever watch it, but the Clemson Notre Dame game was amazing. Some drive at the end to tie it at 33 each.

I can understand it, Clemson losing meant they had to lose their spot, while ND's victory, even though it was a great game, has the asterisk beside it because Lawrence was out. So it makes sense. And Alabama's result against Georgia was of course very impressive as well.

BUT.

Does anyone seriously believe that if a no.3 ranked Bama or Ohio State had just beaten a no.1 Clemson, that they wouldn't have been placed number 1 themselves, regardless of who the QB was? Yeah I didn't think so either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭OldRio

Notre Dame v Boston College live on YouTube if anyone's interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement