Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Good win today for Illinois!

Happy for Lovie.

Bye bye Wisconsin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I'm not a regular viewer, but are Oklahoma supposed to be getting a 50 point beat down by Kansas? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,549 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well it's not quite fifty, it's twenty five. It's a huge shock though. Meanwhile the Buckeyes are thumping Wisconsin which will certainly enhance their ranking.

Soonets just scored to bring it down to 18. 12.35 left in the game so it's not just done yet.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well it's not quite fifty, it's twenty five. It's a huge shock though. Meanwhile the Buckeyes are thumping Wisconsin which will certainly enhance their ranking.

Soonets just scored to bring it down to 18. 12.35 left in the game so it's not just done yet.
    Was referring to Kansas total score.
    Only two wins against ranked teams in last 25 attempts (according to commentary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dog Murphy

I'm not a regular viewer, but are Oklahoma supposed to be getting a 50 point beat down by Kansas? :pac:

It's Kansas State.

Kansas were hammered by Oklahoma a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Down to 10 now. 5.36 left.

Down to 7 but Riley used two timeouts, unnecessarily imo, so it's an onside kick and a likely loss now.

Soonets recover the onside kick at the K State 38. Comeback is on but as I type it's maybe an illegal touch before it travels ten yards.

So it hit one of the Sooners on the knee about a half yard short of the ten it had to travel. It's still being reviewed but no doubt in my mind that it's game over.

So it hit one of the Sooners on the knee about a half yard short of the ten it had to travel. It's still being reviewed but no doubt in my mind that it's game over.
    Was looking pretty clear, refs took their dam time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Threads been quiet this week (I certainly didn't want to talk about the Michigan nd game...) But was anyone as shocked as me to discover the NCAA have backed down so quickly on allowing players to profit from image rights and stuff? Obviously saw that once California pushed it the writing was on the wall unless they wanted usc and Stanford and whoever completely dominating recruiting, and probably the whole sport,forever.

Funniest thing is it was approved unanimously. It's the right decision I think, but still...For a company that spent so many years standing on "principle" that's a remarkable turnaround, and tells you all you need to know about the principles of that organisation. Money grubbing hoors.

Lee Corso earlier on doing his pick for the game where they are was just hilarious. He talked about the Memphis Tigers then picks up the Tiger off the floor and is just about to put it on but then throws it on the ground and picks up the Mustang and puts it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Lee Corso earlier on doing his pick for the game where they are was just hilarious. He talked about the Memphis Tigers then picks up the Tiger off the floor and is just about to put it on but then throws it on the ground and picks up the Mustang and puts it on.

He dropped an F-bomb doing that same bit before. The other guys reactions are hilarious.

He is some man, pure entertainment at 84 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Really looking forward to the LSU v Alabama Match tonight. Feel like LSU will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Tua's final status will not be determined until just before kickoff. Must be touch and go whether he's ready.

Wow, the Golden Gophers take out the Nittany Lions.
    How high will they go in the rankings after that? They were totally disrespected in the initial rankings. Should be top four after this. Delighted for Minnesota.

It would have been horrible if they lost that with a missed delay of game resulting in a td for Penn State to put them back within a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Cracking game that.

And now..... LSU v Alabama.

Obviously LSU Alabama is the big one of the day but I'll be keeping an eye on Kansas State who have been seriously impressive over the last couple of games and could make a run at the big 12 championship if they win tonight in Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What a start by LSU. I'm skeptical of Burrow just because the jump he's made this year has been almost too good to be true, but he looked great on that opening drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

LSU leading Bama 33-13 midway through the 3rd, did not expect such a high score for LSU.

If LSU can hang here Burrow will be odds on for the Heisman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

LSU leading Bama 33-13 midway through the 3rd, did not expect such a high score for LSU.

If LSU can hang here Burrow will be odds on for the Heisman.

Game tightening up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Alabama coming back into this. LSU need to show more on Offence this half.

And just like that, it's a one score game

33-27 now, going to be a great finish. This game is living up to all the hype.

Burrow commanding on that drive there, showed real quality in a pressure situation. This kid is the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭letowski

In fairness Tua has come up big for the Tide late here after a poor 1st half.

Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭letowski

Burrow is special.

letowski wrote: »
    Burrow is special.

That RB is having a pretty special game too.

• Advertisement

What's a defence? :pac:

Advertisement