Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,548 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Oregon's playoff hopes dead now after losing last night to Arizona state.It looks like Alabama could sneak in now if they win the iron bowl next week.
    Auburn have already lost three games to LSU, Georgia and Florida. I'd hardly think that Bama beating them puts them in ahead of Georgia. First three places aren't changing unless one of them loses.

Utah might have a chance yet as they will meet Oregon in the PAC 12 championship game. A convincing win there could put them in.

Obviously Minnesota still have a way in by beating Ohio State.

If they both fail to impress and one of the top four lose a game then Bama could get in.

Of course if Georgia get a bad beating from LSU then Bama could get in but I can't see them putting three SEC teams in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I'll be very p1ssed off if it happens but Bama might sneak in with a decent win against Auburn and a few things going their way elsewhere.

If LSU beats Georgia
    If Oregon beat Utah
    If Oklahoma struggle again or lose to Baylor

That leaves

1.LSU
    2. Ohio
    3. Clemson

4. Bama/Big 10 winner

If it comes down to a 1 loss Bama to the no1 team in the country or an Oklahoma team that has been all over the place or a Baylor team that we know can't compete at the top level yet. They will go with Bama.

Other options are

Georgia, if they beat LSU - LSU and Georgia will get in
    If Utah dominates Oregon they will get in
    If Oklahoma dominates against OK state and Baylor they will get in

Its going to be a mess!

Minnesota have a huge game against Wisconsin and with a win they will be top six I think. They then play the Buckeyes in the big ten championship. If that ends up a really close game they could sneak in.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

eagle eye wrote: »
    Minnesota have a huge game against Wisconsin and with a win they will be top six I think. They then play the Buckeyes in the big ten championship. If that ends up a really close game they could sneak in.

I think they will have to win out to get in.Georgia ,Alabama and big 12 winner still in the mix for a spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Iron Bowl is an absolute belter of a game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

First college game I've watched in over a year, cracking match. Bama just drove the length of the field, on their 3rd 1st and goal (due to penalties) Jones throws a quick pass to Najee Smith which bounces off his back and is returned 100+ yards for a pick 6. Incredible game so far. Bama in trouble.

Lol, Bama retake the lead within minutes. 38-37.

unbelievable game,auburn have lost a couple of key defenders to injury could prove crucial in the 4th.Mac Jones has had a great game.

Touchdown waddle ! hes a serious receiver can do it all and probaly the best kick returner in college football.

• Advertisement

49-45 Auburn now. Even if they win it I don't think this is going to help Alabama.

oh bama and kickers what an iconic duo.Auburn should have it now

Wow

With all he has won you just seen why Nick Saban has such drive. Every loss just hurts so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Definitely backed the wrong horse today. Michigan-Ohio State was brutal I thought. So had my CFB fill. And I was gonna stay in and watch the Iron Bowl.

Here's to 6pm tomorrow throwing up a cracker instead for me.

17-0 Oregon early in the second quarter, if this keeps up then only a really bad loss puts Georgia out I think. Utes don't look good on either side of the ball.
    Well I suppose they might just put the big 12 champion in but I think it has to be a bad loss for Georgia.

Final score 37-15 Ducks. Utah looked like they were going to get back I to it early in the second half but the Oregon D had a great game and that was the difference.

Oregon in the rose bowl now,good season for them .If they had beaten Arizona state they would probaly get in.Oklahoma or Georgia now for the playoff spot.

Oregon in the rose bowl now,good season for them .If they had beaten Arizona state they would probaly get in.Oklahoma or Georgia now for the playoff spot.
    I don't think Oklahoma can get in but Baylor can. If they beat the Sooners they avenge their only loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Oklahoma will get it if they win

A two loss Georgia team can’t be picked over one loss BIG 12 winner

• Advertisement

This is a great game. Oklahoma should have had it wrapped up ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Great game. Hurts makes sure he gets interviewed at the end. Team player? I think not. Me me me

OldRio wrote: »
    Great game. Hurts makes sure he gets interviewed at the end. Team player? I think not. Me me me

Not a team player..??? Look at how excited he was at the end.

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1203415215829913601

Bought a couple of months of Now TV sports. Is this SEC game likely to be close?

Bought a couple of months of Now TV sports. Is this SEC game likely to be close?
    It's very hard to call it. Georgia defense is top notch and LSU offense is as good as I've ever seen in college football.

Ridiculous amount of time for Burrow there.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Georgia are rubbish

Just giving up the private parts without any resistance

Yeah Georgia's lack of offense has killed them ,lsu are the real deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Great playoff lineup.

I'd fancy LSU to take care of Oklahoma - but not as easily as people think.
    I think Clemson will handle Ohio State in the other semi.

Then an LSU vs Clemson final.

I'd love to say LSU will win it (as a fan of them and someone who has them backed since preseason at a very nice price), but I think that Clemson might have too much all round.

Great games ahead.

I'm not pushed about many of the bowls. I think Bama were shafted too - its a shame they aren't in a NY6 Bowl and the fans are the lesser for it.

• Advertisement

Should be very good games,I think LSU were deserving of the one seed based on the teams they beat,they should have too much for Oklahoma but it should be a high scoring entertaining game.Clemson Ohio state is 50-50 for me,Clemson kinda coming in under the radar will suit them but this Ohio state team is very good in all 3 phases.All in all I fancy lsu to win it in New Orleans which will be a like a home game for them.

Advertisement