Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Home at last. Got to be in for 7am tomorrow so I am going to head to the bed. I don’t know whether I am coming or going and this is only Monday.
    Night all folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Mine was to be installed tomorrow , problem with the ESB pole outside , so that's to be rectified within five days by the ground crew , then they'll give new installation date ...
    At the other house , they had to dig up the path at the side of the house !

Anywhere I look up and see an ESB pole I seem to see SIRO catenary wires. Reckon they have really got the bit between their teeth. They should be encouraged to cover the entire country and get them to operate it in the same fashion as ESB networks & GNI are operated.

Sorry for the O/T rant Mam. Hope the evening finds you well. I've been like W's dog the last few days :o.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eleysian wrote: »
    Home at last. Got to be in for 7am tomorrow so I am going to head to the bed. I don’t know whether I am coming or going and this is only Monday.
    Night all folks.

Only in now 😮 sweet jaysus 😱 you should take the morning off, sweet dreams .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

0lddog wrote: »
    Anywhere I look up and see an ESB pole I seem to see SIRO catenary wires. Reckon they have really got the bit between their teeth. They should be encouraged to cover the entire country and get them to operate it in the same fashion as ESB networks & GNI are operated.

Sorry for the O/T rant Mam. Hope the evening finds you well. I've been like W's dog the last few days :o.

Not a rant at all OldDog , you're spot on .
    The last time it was eight weeks before it got sorted , am hoping this time will be a bit quicker .
    Hope you're ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Couchside finally !
    So fecking tired zzzzzzzzzz
    Nearly time to hit the hay I’d say and hope for a full night of sleep !
    How’s everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Awwwwh, somebody loves his Papa :)

He's almost my shadow, there's little I do without him with me. I often joke that I'll have to get him gym membership lol

He's funny because I love open water swimming but he gets terribly worried and tries to stop me going into the water, then comes out to try pull me back onshore.

I could bore the thread to death with his photos

Well home from the gym, and Richo is snuggled up beside me. Its a pity my other Staffy won't come out with me, but she has terrible anxiety issues and won't leave the house.

She's a beautiful little girl and would love the beach if she could get over her fears of the outdoors.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴😴💤 x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, yesterday wasn't a great day, fingers crossed for a better one tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, very horizontal and chilled. Heading to bed in about 40 mins.

New bed being delivered and no lecturing tomorrrow so working drom home and need to get things ready in the bedroom for the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside in my somewhat newly designed room. Had an old really tall shelving thing in my room that took up a lot of space but wasn’t used all that much, so I decided to move that out of my room. Got one of those cube storage stands in The Range and a nice full length mirror (I had been after one for ages!) and I now have an entire corner of my room that I can use that was taken up before! Funny how small enough things can make a big difference, especially in a small space.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh me noggin.. Thinking is sore and tiring!.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bit of breakfast before heading workside.

Time to dig out the winter socks, feet are like ice blocks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Deskside. Was kicked out of the house by the (now) nine year old who told me to get to work early to get home early and in time for his birthday celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all.
    Kitchenside with a cup of coffee, heading to work soon. Hope ye all have a good day.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

All is good in Bumbóg Land again. Have a good day all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...my P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming across the channel last trip, just thinking about my baby and letting her rip, always got me through so far...

Morning all

It's a cold windy one this morning 3.3C

Cool in the kitchen with the usual coffee porridge toast

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

Heading to the coalface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Morning all - so glad it’s Tuesday. I hope to get home by 6pm this evening.
    To all those with internet problems I hope there will be a solution today.
    JK I hope your new bed arrives.
    May we all through the day ok. That wind is savage so take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Wondering how real or pretend people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well I think my solution tomorrow is coming from a call centre in India and a KN Networks person. Luckily I have a Cadbury's Caramello and Aldi Red Lemonade Zero to ease my pain. Got Mrs G off to bed too so no old fashioned baby making stuff.:D I was only jesting earlier and don't need a fecking book either!. Once she's asleep I head off with my book. Its like a Monday night in 1970.:D

The Kama Sutra is It? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Sweet dreams.
    It was Tinariwen, a group of musicians from the Sahara region (north Mali, in particular). The gig was good but I wasn't. It was way too hot for me, and I'm getting old. Three midweek gigs in 20 days is a lot when you don't live in Dublin, and have to travel by Luas and an hourly bus (which I missed by two minutes last night! :( ).

I'm sitting in work now, thawing out from the cycle in, but probably still trying to get rid of the chill from sitting at the Red Cow for nearly an hour last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

It was Tinariwen, a group of musicians from the Sahara region (north Mali, in particular). The gig was good but I wasn't. It was way too hot for me, and I'm getting old. Three midweek gigs in 20 days is a lot when you don't live in Dublin, and have to travel by Luas and an hourly bus (which I missed by two minutes last night! :( ).

I'm sitting in work now, thawing out from the cycle in, but probably still trying to get rid of the chill from sitting at the Red Cow for nearly an hour last night.

Oooh a friend of mine from South Africa raves about them. They played in KL about a year and a half ago and I was meant to go but couldn't. Sorry to hear you are ill.

I am sitting in docs surgery waiting to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Witchie wrote: »
    Oooh a friend of mine from South Africa raves about them. They played in KL about a year and a half ago and I was meant to go but couldn't. Sorry to hear you are ill.

I am sitting in docs surgery waiting to be seen.

How are u feeling today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Out of a consultation with Rhumathology, threatening to put me back on the chemo because I’ve a viral infection I can’t shake off and the nurse reckons there’s a bad flare on the way. I’ve never had a “flare” really so it feels like I should be going to dunnes to buy bread like we did for the snow.

Going to weeeeeerk now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Marvelling at the effects of a few months of steady daily eating! I forgot how a good diet shows in your appearance and vitality and strength. Even sleep quality, concentration, memory and humour. It seems to be a slow very gradual process but it's brilliant to see results now.

The winter sunlight is gorgeous. I was getting sick of the bleak weather before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    How are u feeling today ?

Not too bad, but not too great. Got bloods and urine tests but won't know results until Friday. She also thought it might be kidney stones.

Working at the moment while listening to my mammy chatting to my little sister in Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Carside at college, for now. Got a flat tyre on my way into Limerick and had to turn around and go back to Tipp to get it sorted. Got it repaired instead of replaced so that saved me a few bob.

Will soon be heading coffee shop-side, meeting up with another lad for coffee in a bit. Oh me nerves!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You go Kitty!

Lads is there a limit on tap transactions you can do in a day? No cash back and nothing over thirty quid.. Brain zap has stolen my pin code :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You go Kitty!

Lads is there a limit on tap transactions you can do in a day? No cash back and nothing over thirty quid.. Brain zap has stolen my pin code :o

It's normally 3 taps per day but I tend to tap more than that and it works fine :) if you use Apple Pay you can tap over €30 :)

Breaktime at the coalface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Oh oh…there has been sneezing and watery eyes and a red nose.
    But the eternal optimist in me is saying this is great as I get to crack out the hot whiskeys tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement