Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Best of luck with the car and the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Had been in this for a few weeks
    493220.jpg

X1 xDrive 18d Sport Auto, and wasn't too happy when I got a mail to say there was a new X1 ready for me, as I was quite happy with a Diesel 4wd Auto.

Pleasantly surprised to pick this up last week
    493221.jpg

Not much difference in standard spec between the 2 models, not as nice looking as the Blue one, but this is an xDrive 20d SE Auto, so I get to keep the 4wd and Auto and get more power!

Takes off like a hot snot in any weather we've had so far, and there is fantastic grip from the xDrive system. Handles very well for an "SUV" - practically no body roll. Fingers crossed I'm in this for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

advertsfox wrote: »
    New job - new car. Just needed a nice cheap runaround thats reliable / safe for the kid - and helps if it looks good.

Corsa 1.2 L imited Edition with 17" gloss black wheels, black roof, privacy glass and all chrome-ish bits. I'm chuffed! :cool:

https://i.imgur.com/IdKXxxE.jpg

Good luck with the car and new job.

If that's the diesel keep on top of the servicing. They're easy to keep going and great wee motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

kiddums wrote: »
    Good luck with the car and new job.

If that's the diesel keep on top of the servicing. They're easy to keep going and great wee motors.
    Thanks man, its the 1.2 petrol so it's all good. PS delete your picture quote - don't want to see you banned ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Back after some open heart surgery:pac:, the rear of the chassis was getting quite rusty, especially around the fuel tank area, but it's all sorted now thankfully.

Since the fuel tank and exhaust had to come off, it was the ideal opportunity to change the brake lines and weld in subframe reinforcement plates so they've been done too:D.

8e5GKCI.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

Back after some open heart surgery:pac:, the rear of the chassis was getting quite rusty, especially around the fuel tank area, but it's all sorted now thankfully.

Since the fuel tank and exhaust had to come off, it was the ideal opportunity to change the brake lines and weld in subframe reinforcement plates so they've been done too:D.

Great to see her in good form. Probably one of the most looked after e46 325ci in the country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Got the brillo pads out :)

IMG-20191020-193120.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Got the brillo pads out :)
    You should put some oil on your front discs too as they're beginning to look rusty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That's a nice Estoril Blue sky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That's a nice Estoril Blue sky :D

#nofilter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

?
    493441.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You might brillo pad those expensive disks while you're at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

You might brillo pad those expensive disks while you're at it!

I find a coating of left over engine oil on the discs stops them going rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Don't forget decent amount of oil applied onto tyre's tread vastly reduce their wear. :D

I haven't used this kind of thing before but I'm seriously considering it. I always get that flash rust on the discs after a wash which then destroys the inner barrel of the wheels when I drive the car afterwards and it's a pain.

This kind of thing would be ideal to prevent it as long as it doesn't stain wheels.

Unregistered Users

^^ Very similar thing IronX is. :)

Must be washed away very, VERY well though, once is left to dry, will stay for good. ;)

joujoujou wrote: »
    ^^ Very similar thing IronX is. :)

Must be washed away very, VERY well though, once is left to dry, will stay for good. ;)

Is it not something you spray on and leave? It stops the flash rust after washing a car therefore I thought it's spray on and that's it???

Believe it or not the turtle wax wheel cleaner is amazing. Completely gets rid of rust and brake dust, silver bottle, can get it in any halfords or centra.

I’ve tried every other brand and they’re all useless. It’s either the turtle wax stuff or industrial stuff.

It just eats brake dust and rust.

Unregistered Users

Is it not something you spray on and leave? It stops the flash rust after washing a car therefore I thought it's spray on and that's it???
    Not really. That thing removes rust, not protects from it to build up again. :(

Believe it or not the turtle wax wheel cleaner is amazing. Completely gets rid of rust and brake dust, silver bottle, can get it in any halfords or centra.

I’ve tried every other brand and they’re all useless. It’s either the turtle wax stuff or industrial stuff.

It just eats brake dust and rust.

It also eats lacquer coatings and dulls the gloss on wheels due to it being so acidic. If you even smell it you can see how acidic it is because it'll burn the nose off ya!
    joujoujou wrote: »
    Not really. That thing removes rust, not protects from it to build up again. :(

I know it doesn't protect from building up but at least it will remove the flash rust from discs so that you don't get it all over your nice clean alloys. Having said that, the video doesn't show the inner side of the disc being done and you can be sure it's the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

I haven't used this kind of thing before but I'm seriously considering it. I always get that flash rust on the discs after a wash which then destroys the inner barrel of the wheels when I drive the car afterwards and it's a pain.

This kind of thing would be ideal to prevent it as long as it doesn't stain wheels.

Bilt-Hamber Atom Mac is essentially the same thing. I spray it on the brake discs before and after cleaning the wheels and it's quite good at preventing the discs going orange.

It also eats lacquer coatings and dulls the gloss on wheels due to it being so acidic. If you even smell it you can see how acidic it is because it'll burn the nose off ya!

I’ve never had an issue with it and I’ve had a lot of different wheels, from painted factory wheels to DIY painted and lacquer to chrome dished wheels. Never damaged anything.

I get what you’re saying though, inhale it and it burns the nose and throat off you. Must be one of the last acid based products left on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Six months with the Z4, no issues all going well.

NrGpb5T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

TeaPot918 wrote: »
    Six months with the Z4, no issues all going well.

Great pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

That photo taken down in Kerry?

Looks like the car park before the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

That photo taken down in Kerry?

Looks like the car park before the beach.

Yup Rossbeigh beach

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

TeaPot918 wrote: »
    Yup Rossbeigh beach

That's what I thought. Lovely beach and lovely car!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Nothing special, 2004 A4 1.8T BFB Avant, mapped to 200hp, sadly no Quattro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

Nothing special, 2004 A4 1.8T BFB Avant, mapped to 200hp, sadly no Quattro.

Well minded examples, like yours, of that generation A4 have aged really well.

• Advertisement

Agreed, Avant's always look well no matter what generation. Audi's always look better in estate form imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement