Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine Woods, Stepaside - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

deco72 wrote: »
    Are you sure people were moving in? I was onto EA last week and they said they were opening up the showhouses again for people who wanted another look.

Unless it was burglars breaking in and watching tv:). The gates are open now and you can drive into the first cul-de-sac, I was up on Saturday afternoon taking a look around.

The show houses remain empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Ah cool nice to see people finally being able to get into the houses. Hopefully they will release the second phase soon too, have my eye on one. Cheers for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustaGO

Thats great news. I wonder if they started the work on the second Cul-de-sac yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

JustaGO wrote: »
    Thats great news. I wonder if they started the work on the second Cul-de-sac yet.

From what I could see it was only the foundation on one side of the 2nd cul-de-sac so far.

Does everyone has 2 manholes in their back garden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

Does everyone has 2 manholes in their back garden?

Nope - 50% do apparently. I was up there today and had a peek at the back of the houses. Mine has feckin 2 - but I knew there was a good probability of that when buying so it's not a deal breaker. Still - seems like a poor design choice to put manholes in the middle of a garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Grnnomono

Has anyone purchased a Palmerston extended house? We're hoping to get one in the next phase but there's no show home so it's a bit risky and they won't show any of the finished ones. We'd love to even see some photos of the layout of the bottom floor just to see it in comparison to the belvedere extended.

Was it possible to make any changes/upgrades to the homes once purchased? How were castlethorn to deal with?

Sorry for all the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

This might help you, the measurements are the same as in this house (bar the extension): http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/35-belarmine-court-stepaside-dublin-18/3118510
    Grnnomono wrote: »
    Has anyone purchased a Palmerston extended house? We're hoping to get one in the next phase but there's no show home so it's a bit risky and they won't show any of the finished ones. We'd love to even see some photos of the layout of the bottom floor just to see it in comparison to the belvedere extended.

Was it possible to make any changes/upgrades to the homes once purchased? How were castlethorn to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

Hi there,

Does anyone have any information on when the next phase will be launching. I've been told early April by the EA but has anyone heard anything different?

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

I was told early April as well, but then again I was also told it would be in February and then March too... :-/

• Advertisement

Grnnomono wrote: »

Hey

We are buying Palmerston not extended and there is no show house but before signing a contract we were allowed in one of the finished houses to see the layout and everything.
    Am sure it will be the same with the new phase. Once you pay booking deposit (which is refundable) they will allow you to see one. We had to wait for the building site to be save for visitors and they organised a day when people who bought that floor plan could come and see before signing the final contract.

The builders are not agreeing to any changes/upgrades.
    To be honest its really hard to get any answers from them unless going oficially with all the questions via your solicitor to theirs.

Hope that helps.

ct_roy wrote: »
    Nope - 50% do apparently. I was up there today and had a peek at the back of the houses. Mine has feckin 2 - but I knew there was a good probability of that when buying so it's not a deal breaker. Still - seems like a poor design choice to put manholes in the middle of a garden!

We have two as well:( and some other pipes to which access will be only from our back garden or something ...

KingCong wrote: »
    We signed, though haven't gotten detailed measurements/room sizes, and they haven't yet signed the contract and returned to our solicitor over a month later. Told initially we'd be in in mid Decemeber, now its the end of Jan/early Feb. EA won't let us get carpet fitters etc in to take measurements, "health and safety reasons" apparently. Has anyone been in touch directly with the builder? Getting fed up with the lack of responses and details from EA, thinking of calling up to the site during the day in the next week to try and talk to builder directly.

Did you guys move in yet??? How long did it take for the snugging to be completed?

Hi there,

Does anyone have any information on when the next phase will be launching. I've been told early April by the EA but has anyone heard anything different?

Thanks a mill!

We were told late spring but not sure if it means April or May now.

ginann wrote: »
    We are down for one of the other 3 beds and it's not due to be completed until next Mar/Apr. We are eager to get the plans and specs too. Our solicitor is away this week so we haven't heard anything. We have been sent a map showing the plot where the house will be built that's about it. If you hear or receive anything could you let me know and I'll do the same.

Hi,

Did you get the new completion dates?
    We were told today its moved to October now.
    I seriously doubt they will be done this year looking at how the ones who were to be ready for Mid Nov last year went-:(((

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Did you guys move in yet??? How long did it take for the snugging to be completed?

Still not in, but snagged last week so nearly there at least. They haven't come back yet saying its ready to re-inspect so can't say how long they'll take, though everything on the snag list was fairly minor cosmetic stuff so hopefully will be done in another day or two.

Still not in, but snagged last week so nearly there at least. They haven't come back yet saying its ready to re-inspect so can't say how long they'll take, though everything on the snag list was fairly minor cosmetic stuff so hopefully will be done in another day or two.

Thats great news for you.
    We are fairly dissapointed with them moving the date till October especially that our kid is to start school in September and we dont live close by-:(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Thats great news for you.
    We are fairly dissapointed with them moving the date till October especially that our kid is to start school in September and we dont live close by-:(

Sorry to hear that, the delays are extremely frustrating, we were initially told December 15 so its looking like they're running 3 months behind schedule. (or the dates we were told were just pulled out of thin air by the EA, like some other things)

Sorry to hear that, the delays are extremely frustrating, we were initially told December 15 so its looking like they're running 3 months behind schedule. (or the dates we were told were just pulled out of thin air by the EA, like some other things)

Totally agree. Good luck with moving in and hopefully you will have only good things to say about the new house and we will hopefully join you sometime this year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dtotheb

Hi anyone who has move in...

Has anyone sorted TV/Broadband yet, and if so, are they all available?

D

• Advertisement

...also, to anyone who has moved in, can you recommend someone to do the snag list? give the solar panels etc...i'd like someone to ensure they're all in order.
    d

Did you guys move in yet? It still looks like apart from the 5 beds on the left all other houses are empty...

we haven't moved in yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cdizzle12345

Hi all, I am looking to buy a 3 bed in phase 2 which I think is launching in a couple of weeks but waiting to hear from SF on date. The delays are worrying! Has anyone bought one of the 3 beds in phase 1 and can tell me why you are not in yet?
    I see people are in the 5 beds.
    Lovely estate though, any advice to give to someone thinking of buying one?

Hi all, I am looking to buy a 3 bed in phase 2 which I think is launching in a couple of weeks but waiting to hear from SF on date. The delays are worrying! Has anyone bought one of the 3 beds in phase 1 and can tell me why you are not in yet?
    I see people are in the 5 beds.
    Lovely estate though, any advice to give to someone thinking of buying one?

Phase 1 is not finished yet. We bought in phase 1 and they didn't even start building our house.
    They keep changing the completion date. They never seem to give a reason for a delay:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cdizzle12345

Phase 1 is not finished yet. We bought in phase 1 and they didn't even start building our house.
    They keep changing the completion date. They never seem to give a reason for a delay:(

Sorry to hear that! But I thought all of phase 1 were the houses that we can see and to the left of the sales office will be phase 2.
    I still want to buy but delays are worrying. How do you get around Letter of offer expiring or is it simply a case of reapply to bank, I'm sure it's fine but another worry with delays like this.
    Any others comments for someone thinking about buying in next week or so would be helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Sorry to hear that! But I thought all of phase 1 were the houses that we can see and to the left of the sales office will be phase 2.
    I still want to buy but delays are worrying. How do you get around Letter of offer expiring or is it simply a case of reapply to bank, I'm sure it's fine but another worry with delays like this.
    Any others comments for someone thinking about buying in next week or so would be helpful!

You would have to re-apply for a new mortgage and go through all the same paperwork again unfortunately. I bought a new build(not Belarmine Woods) and it happened to me.

You have to make sure to keep saving and that your circumstances didnt change and then just re-apply. with BOI we get 6 months approval with further 6 months when a place is found so a year should be enough.
    Just got an email phase 2 on sale this Thursday I reckon there will be queues as lots of people who came to phase 1 were planning to buy in phase 2.
    The whole left side of the second cul de sac was sold as apart of phase 1.

Hey did you move in yet?? Were you ever told the reason for the delay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

You have to make sure to keep saving and that your circumstances didnt change and then just re-apply. with BOI we get 6 months approval with further 6 months when a place is found so a year should be enough.
    Just got an email phase 2 on sale this Thursday I reckon there will be queues as lots of people who came to phase 1 were planning to buy in phase 2.
    The whole left side of the second cul de sac was sold as apart of phase 1.

Hiya,

Did Sherry Fitz email you, I've been on to them already with no response! Would you mind sending me a pm with the details please.

Thanks a mill

Advertisement