Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

IT Management? - a Miss in IT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MissIT

yup IT management :D..
    2 of us ladies in the class ;)!

Nice to see few girls in IT alright, not many! Stick with it, easy get job!
    All female students that were in work placement @ xxxxx got full time jobs. Got into placement with this Women in IT thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

hey guys and dolls of cit

I'm Aaron, 21, in 3rd year construction management, living down in Curraheen since 1st year and loving this gaff and the peeps here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 peapod260

Hey!

Vix, 3rd year acc, cork

how r ye all doin after the first day back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

MissIT wrote: »
    yup IT management :D..
    2 of us ladies in the class ;)!

Hi everyone

Rock on ITS1

Hey "MissIT" Whats d story??, seems ders only 2 of ye ladies in ITM lol

Hartyk87 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Rock on ITS1

Hey "MissIT" Whats d story??, seems ders only 2 of ye ladies in ITM lol
    God damn ITS heads back again. Is Boards.ie a module in yer course or what - welcome though :D

ha ha i wiish it was a module id pass it with flying colours, unfortunatly we have to stupid desktop applications instead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

what`s wrong with desktop applications?

towel401 wrote: »
    what`s wrong with desktop applications?

Aghhh its a load of rubbish really it could be designed alot better i feel. anyone else have anything to say about it??

• Advertisement

Hartyk87 wrote: »
    Aghhh its a load of rubbish really it could be designed alot better i feel. anyone else have anything to say about it??

so what kinda stuff u writing and how would you design it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hungeryhobo

Dave ItS 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

Dave ItS 1
    hey its Jer here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 stairs

Hi my name is Rafal, I am a photographer an artist wood worker and kitesurfer. Presently live on Oahu, Hawaii. Cheeres everybody

stairs wrote: »
    Hi my name is Rafal, I am a photographer an artist wood worker and kitesurfer. Presently live on Oahu, Hawaii. Cheeres everybody

hai

did u go to CIT before?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dukie

Cool, CIT forum.
    My name is Ethan Dewick in 3rd level business accounting.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Can't believe this thread is still alive :D

Yeah esp during summer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Ya that was what I was thinking!!! Can't wait to get my results but its like the day before my birthday yuck!!!

Wait for the surge of activity here during august/september when new ones starting :)
    I can't wait for the results either, hopefully they won't spoil your bd now, more likely ya done fine tho. 1st year :p

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Wait for the surge of activity here during august/september when new ones starting :)
    I can't wait for the results either, hopefully they won't spoil your bd now, more likely ya done fine tho. 1st year :p

this year it might be like the Eternal September.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 gone2themoon

alright folks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sidekick!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Ah class a CIT forum :D

Nice one, thanks!

Sure lets introduce ourselves like they do in all the other college forums...

I'm Aoife, 19 and in first year Multimedia.

hey i am heading in to first year Multimedia in cit. i just have a few questions..:)
    how many hours did you have??
    what date did you start??!
    whats the gym like??
    and any other info would be very helpful! thanks!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hello! Welcome here! First of all, woah! Massive points drop!

Anyway, we'd about 20 hours last year in the first semester I think. Was grand. A few 9 o 'clock starts but that's the same with all first year courses. Modules for all semesters are here http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/231 :D

I can't remember what date we started. I think it was about a week before rest of the college, on a Thursday or Friday. Might be around the 10th/11th of September? You'll get a letter saying when anyway.

I don't know what the gym is like. Never went there. Really shoulda though, ha! There is also a big leisure centre across road, with a pool and all that. Discounts for students.

Also, get the work in from the start. Projects really crawl up on you. Don't leave everything to the last minute! I have no idea how I passed the year to be honest. This year I'm going to definitely work harder!

Oh also if you don't have a laptop/computer already, you will need one eventually. Or else you'll be stuck in college doing projects all the time. And get a mac. Absolutely no point on getting a windows if you are in this course.
    Any other questions give me a shout :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 KrazyKirby

Hey!
    said id drop in!
    im heading into my first year IT Support in CIT!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Finished BIS degree this year, starting Masters in CIT in september :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cit-gurl

Hi DSE2!!! doesn't seem 2 be many engineers on here!!!

Computing is engineering too :pac:

What's DSE2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cit-gurl

Yera computing surely doesnt have ye outside lik eejits in bright yellow coats pretending 2 no wat were doin!! DSE = structural eng!:)

• Advertisement

Oh you are one of those. I always felt sorry for ye in the freezing winter with rain pouring down on you :( - I thought we had it bad in PF52 and those prefabs with their own weather systems. Luckly they not used anymore

Advertisement