Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowrun RPG

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Fourier wrote: »
    It's united. It was first united in 2014 in the wake of magically enhanced terrorism in a treaty signed in Galway.

Elves took over in 2034 replacing the government with a theocracy devoted to the ancient Celtic gods and exiling the Catholic church. The older government is also exiled (to Baaawwwston)

This is amazing <3

Sorry wrote the intro during a call leading to three howler spelling errors! Fixed now!

Baggly is taking over from tusk as Frostburn. Go ahead whenever you want Baggly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Eep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

tenor.gif

Off for the night.

Off for the night for Shadowrun

Off for the night

Off for the night

• Advertisement

Off for the night

Off for the night

Well lads you actually finished the boxset. You cut through it like butter with a mix of good rolls and good ideas. The invisible/decker combo isn't even mentioned in the set which sort assumes you'll either try to talk down the gangs or beat the shíte out of them or a mix (e.g. getting one gang to side with you)

So...eh...that's it. The full rules are out later this month if ye would be interested in a campaign. I've some missions lined up for when that happens, but realistically all of you should level up a little and use Hoffman's money for gear before the next Run.

Would people like to keep playing Shadowrun. Do you like the world/concept?

Yay? Go us i guess.

Loved the world. Happy to level up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I think i missed rolling. I kind of felt detached from the characters and their actions.
    Definitely like to keep trying.

It sped things up but yeah missed the excitement of rolling.

We'll bring back rolling then for those who want it. Banjo, Necro do ye want rolling back?

If we go on with a campaign do you want to make your own characters or keep going with the starter set ones?

While I missed rolling, I think being detached from what the stat says I can do (and no visibility of hits and misses) made me more inclined to just say "**** it, try this!" Which is both good and bad. Mostly good.

Would definitely keep playing though

That's a good point banjo. Happy for you to keep rolling for me Four.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry I was asleep :)

Yeah I enjoyed that, tbh I didnt mind not having the rolling (though Vampire is the same now so I'm more used to it maybe?)

I think though maybe for our more mechanics inclined players such as sKeith it might be good to have the option?

• Advertisement

Got the core today, along with an email of all 10 pages of errata :eek: Catalyst never fail to deliver a book that hasn't been proofread!

We could go on now, but in the mean time starter sets have come out for a few RPGs including the new edition of Cyberpunk (set a few years before the up coming game). So we could do one of those, I'd start a new thread.

If the full version is anything like the starter kit you're better off to buy it in German and Google translate it. Via goggles/lens if you bought the physical book.

Banjo wrote: »
    If the full version is anything like the starter kit you're better off to buy it in German and Google translate it. Via goggles/lens if you bought the physical book.
    It's worse! Boards should have a crying emoji!

The errata start with:
    p. 36, Extended Tests, paragraph 1
    For clarity, make the following parenthetical addition:

I'm game for a role/roll of whatevers going, but in the interests of fairness and complying with site rules I hereby declare my non-candidacy should the game be fast paced between 7pm and 9pm, or have no suitable position for an awkward prick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo you missed your 10k post :eek:

I'm down for whatevs :)

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm game for a role/roll of whatevers going
    Necro wrote: »
    I'm down for whatevs :)
    I'll take these as implicit FATAL sign ups.

Get your d100s and hope you roll wide lads, I've some "big" enemies planned.

The good news is I rolled well. The bad news is that my 16 year old angry elfen disney-princess-analogue now does a very convincing Dumbo impression. Curse those tables and by association the Patriarchy!

Advertisement