Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowrun RPG

Options
  • 02-08-2019 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Shadowrun is a game set in the 2080s. It's in a cyberpunk world like Blade Runner or Altered Carbon. The difference is that magic also returned to the world. I think this image of an elf taking on an attack droid sums it up:

cblqjJ.jpg

The beginners box set for the new edition just came out, so it's not actually possible to make a character yet. You just take one of the pre-supplied ones. There are only four pre-supplied characters, but I'll take on more people if you're happy being essentially the same character as somebody else.

The characters are:
    1. American Troll Cyber-Samurai
    2. American Ork Combat Mage
    3. African Dwarf Hacker
    4. Cantonese Cybernetic Elf Spy

The story starts off with a shootout that the characters get caught up in when shopping.

No need to know the rules.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Depending on times ill provisionally book in

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm watching from the... ahem... Shadows. Provisionally in but boot me ahead of any new players Four :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    I'm watching from the... ahem... Shadows. Provisionally in but boot me ahead of any new players Four :)
    No worries Necro.

Here are what the characters look like by default:
    VsghLE.jpg
    qwy8lF.jpg
    ns9HrU.jpg
    pRkggt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote: »

Ditto please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If I'm playing I wanna be the Troll Street Samurai :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

always wanted to be a chineese elf with enhanced bits that snoops on others.

sKeith wrote: »
    always wanted to be a chineese elf with enhanced bits that snoops on others.
    is that about me, no.... it's YU

Four on board, so that's one for each role, but ye can double up if ye want.

Others can still join and yes dear reader that means you.

Mage please

tusk if you wanna be the samurai I can be a dwarf I guess.

It's kind of a thing anyways with me and dwarves :cool:

• Advertisement

I'll be frost burn for the craic

Oh wait. Baggly picked that. I don't mind what I am :D

What pace would people feel able to handle? In the evenings and fast or 1-3 posts per day or what?

Or another possibility is 5-10 posts a day but we wait until others have responded. It's a style I've tried recently. Basically people post when they want and I respond but the story doesn't really get ahead of anybody as I stop responding if others are behind and wait for them. Works very well when people split up.

Fourier wrote:
    Or another possibility is 5-10 posts a day but we wait until others have responded. It's a style I've tried recently. Basically people post when they want and I respond but the story doesn't really get ahead of anybody as I stop responding if others are behind and wait for them. Works very well when people split up.

I like this.

Yeah happy to go with the second option Four :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Beggin' your pardon sir.

I heard you had nice warm RPG and I'm ever so cold....

beggar-boy-by-john-george-brown.jpg

So five now. Choices are:
    1. American Troll Cyber-Samurai (Necro)
    2. American Ork Combat Mage (Baggly, tusk)
    3. African Dwarf Hacker
    4. Cantonese Cybernetic Elf Spy (sKeith)

Banjo undetermined. tusk if you want to switch or stick to Mage either is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'll take african dwarf hacker.

Let me go and learn some pidgeon Yoruba... Ok, done!
    Inu mi dun si patta yo game sah!

5-10 should be fine for me :D

well we've got one of each now, so which would make most sense to double up on?

• Advertisement

Whichever one you prefer tusk :)

4 is a good number for the party so stay mage tusk and I'll step out. I've WW games to mod coming up anyway so there is a chance I stepped forward in excitement when I shouldn't have. Hope that's OK with you Four.

nah I'm happy to bow out baggers. I'm doing Necro's anyway :D

you go ahead!

Not at all tusk honestly I've a lot on at the mo. I wouldn't have done it justice.

Baggly wrote: »
    Not at all tusk honestly I've a lot on at the mo. I wouldn't have done it justice.

Rightcha be so!

2 mages maji wizardy people are better than one. The party is stronger with both of ye.

Yeah you're grand Baggly, when does the WW game start?

Fourier wrote:
    Yeah you're grand Baggly, when does the WW game start?

Sat/sun week. But it's more the setup and writing that I'm looking to get done between now and then.

How would this suit:

The adventure sort of has an intro + the actual mission itself. You could opt out of the intro to run WW with ease and then pop back in during the bit before the mission itself. I'd have a very natural way (in terms of the story) of inserting you at that point.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote:
    The adventure sort of has an intro + the actual mission itself. You could opt out of the intro to run WW with ease and then pop back in during the bit before the mission itself. I'd have a very natural way (in terms of the story) of inserting you at that point.

Yeah cool thanks for accommodating me four.

Advertisement