Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart 4 Turbo smartphone - €29.99 in Dunnes Stores mailing offers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

rejkin wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday, vodafone worker tried to state that the 20 euro credit had to be bought with the phone but no where in the terms and conditions does it say that so if you are going to get it unlocked then there is no reason to buy credit.

Also the unlock request for vodafone is acting up so you need to request it through their live chat system for the moment.

They wouldn't sell me it without the €20 credit, has anyone else has this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Tinie wrote: »
    They wouldn't sell me it without the €20 credit, has anyone else has this issue?

Thankfully, not with me, but there was a strange feeling, almost with disdain that you were taking up the offer, as i was waiting behind someone in the queue & the person before me had great craic with the agent, but until i gave him the voucher & would only look up at me a few times to take the details down & when finished i asked him was there a brochure & google play with the phone, he retorted back & said "should be, its a google phone" :o

But I was expecting they would come out with something the same, as i mentioned earlier, if it was for someone else, the person wanted that person in!
    Btw the store was L'kenny, i expected more, but not a moron :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Tinie wrote: »

Vodafone in Nutgrove said that to me so I asked him to tell me where it said that on the sheet. It doesnt so he agreed. It just states you need to top up by 20 euro by the 20th or so of september to get the additional credit.

IF they kick up a fuss then ask for a manager because it doesnt require credit to be purchased at the time of the purchase.

I would make a complaint to vodafone if they wont sell it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Kavs91 wrote: »
    I mean they won't unlock a phone you just bought.

I requested my unlock code a week ago, got it this morning. Bought it at this price last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Btw the store was L'kenny, i expected more, but not a moron :rolleyes:

I'm almost certain I know the fella you're talking about. Yeah enough said... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Techmaster wrote: »
    I requested my unlock code a week ago, got it this morning. Bought it at this price last week.

Was that thru the PAYG option here https://nac.vodafone.ie/ ?

Was that thru the PAYG option here https://nac.vodafone.ie/ ?

Billpay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Be honest, the phone is genuinely only worth €30.
      - 4 GB Memory, 512 MB RAM (and that includes the OS, so you end up with maybe 1GB if lucky - this is similar to me HTC Desire from 2010/2011)
      - Resolution 480 x 854 pixels (~218 ppi pixel density - relatively poor)
      - WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (so no wifi ac)
      - CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 (less said the better)
      - Size 4.5 inches (~62.8% screen-to-body ratio - quite low ratio)
      - Primary 5 MP, (some front facing cameras are even higher)

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_4-6447.php

Safe to say this phone won't be updated for the Stagefright bug.

The version of Android Webview in Kitkat is based on Chrome 30 and will never be updated. 70% of your apps depend on Webview.
    The version of Android Webview in Lollipop is updated every 6 weeks when the version of chrome on the desktop is updated. Chrome is currently on version 44.

I'm surprised that Vodafone even want to be associated with this phone - although it was released 15 months ago. €80 was a rip-off but €30 is fair.
    I'd sooner pay a slight bit more and go for the Moto E, though even at that, I'd probably stretch for the Moto G.

- 4 GB Memory, 512 MB RAM (and that includes the OS, so you end up with maybe 1GB if lucky - this is similar to me HTC Desire from 2010/2011)

The version of Android Webview in Kitkat is based on Chrome 30 and will never be updated. 70% of your apps depend on Webview.
    The version of Android Webview in Lollipop is updated every 6 weeks when the version of chrome on the desktop is updated. Chrome is currently on version 44.

I'm surprised that Vodafone even want to be associated with this phone - although it was released 15 months ago. €80 was a rip-off but €30 is fair.
    I'd sooner pay a slight bit more and go for the Moto E, though even at that, I'd probably stretch for the Moto G.

Slight bit more = €30-€40 more.

G = €80+ more.

I think €30 is an excellent price for the phone.

Core Prime, which has nearly the exact same specs, is €109.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Had to ring customer care to request my code couldnt do it through my login.
    Girl said it takes about ten days to come through.
    Will let you know when i get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Got my Club Card mailing today. Not interested in phone, so voucher is up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

That's a different phone than the one on offer? The offer is for the 'TURBO' version. It has 1Gb RAM and a Quad Core Snapdragon processor. Not amazing tech anymore, but definitely a bargain for €30.

http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_4_turbo-6507.php

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Capt_cack

Got my Club Card mailing today. Not interested in phone, so voucher is up for grabs.

Hi Cheshire,
    I'd love this if available, please.
    Ta very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

Two of these available (replacement card not merged to main account before mailing) pm for address for sae.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Capt_cack

Keogh08 wrote:
    Two of these available (replacement card not merged to main account before mailing) pm for address for sae.

Hi Keogh,
    I'd love one of these if available please. Ta very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

Responded to first two pm's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Got mine yesterday !!

How to get it unlocked ??

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Anyone got a spare voucher please? I was promised one of the first but it never arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

if this only for the turbo or can you use it on the prime or ultra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I assume you don't need to produce a Dunnes Stores loyalty card when purchasing?

In other words, has anyone successfully managed to purchase the phone with someone else's voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

neacy69 wrote: »
    if this only for the turbo or can you use it on the prime or ultra?

Turbo only on voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Went to a Vodafone store with the voucher.
    Guy there said that the number to be ported had to have credit on it and that €20 euros had to be added to the ported number in store to avail of offer.
    I showed him the terms and conditions on the leaflet and he just shrugged and repeated what he said.
    Couldn't be bothered arguing, so I left.
    Is he completely in the wrong?

Guy there said that the number to be ported had to have credit on it and that €20 euros had to be added to the ported number in store to avail of offer.
    I showed him the terms and conditions on the leaflet and he just shrugged and repeated what he said.

Yes, he is. No top-up is required.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Techmaster wrote:
    Yes, he is. No top-up is required.

Went to a Vodafone store with the voucher. Guy there said that the number to be ported had to have credit on it and that €20 euros had to be added to the ported number in store to avail of offer. I showed him the terms and conditions on the leaflet and he just shrugged and repeated what he said. Couldn't be bothered arguing, so I left. Is he completely in the wrong?

He is wrongggg....try another store....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got the phone today for my wife, didn't ask me any questions, i had tesco sim which i have never used put it in wifes phone, he just asked for the number ,said it will take 10mins to change over, didn't ring the phone, didn't ask me to top up.
    Seems a nice phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Went to another store this morning.
    Showed them the voucher.
    Asked for the number and network I was porting from.
    And that was it.
    Left with the phone within 5 minutes of entering.
    Why do some people/stores feel the need to complicate everything?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kavs91

Not buying phone for the sake of it so have a voucher available PM ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Can this be redeemed at Carphone Warehouse or does it have to be a Vodafone store ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I tried my local phone shop and they said it would have to be a Vodafone shop.

Advertisement