Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart 4 Turbo smartphone - €29.99 in Dunnes Stores mailing offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I had to go the Vodafone root to unlock it and even that's slow well over a week waiting.

Still great bargain handy phone to have when at work.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

peckerhead wrote: »
    BUT then I remembered that until this Sunday Lidl are giving €10 free with every €30 PAYG credit purchased on Vodafone/Meteor/Three. :D

Anyone tried to use a €10 off €50 voucher when buying call credit in Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Quackster wrote: »
    Jaysus, I thought I was bad... :D

Compound discounting at it's finest. I know Tesco don't allow the vouchers to be used on phone credit; I suspect Lidl may have some sort of "Exclusions apply" let-out clause. Only one way to find out, really...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sdsdsd

hi, got my phone today in vodafone, had to buy 20 euro credit , how does the free 20 euro credit apply? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

sdsdsd wrote: »
    hi, got my phone today in vodafone, had to buy 20 euro credit , how does the free 20 euro credit apply? thanks

It's written on the end of the voucher, free credit will be applied on the 28th of September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sdsdsd

Any spare vouchers floating around before expiry date?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

tharmor wrote: »
    Better to take it with u...they might ask for it or even ring the number !!

i went into the vodofone shop opposite arthurs quay sc limerick, they insisted on a working sim, the only working one i had was 089, this was refused, i have since got a meteor one, i need to check it before i return

Techmaster wrote: »
    Carphone Warehouse is excepting these, yes. They are an exception.

c w arthurs quay limerick refused me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

flutered wrote:
    c w arthurs quay limerick refused me

Excepting and not accepting......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭ooter

ooter wrote: »
    Thanks lads, I'll bring the phone with me.
    I've no intention of using the 3 sim in the new phone, a working/current Vodafone chip will be used in it.
    Hopefully they don't insist on me buying the €20 top up.

Brought the phone with me, the guy at the counter asked for the number of the sim but never rang it to see if it was active, unless they have another way of checking.
    Got the phone no hassle, he told me to call back to the store in an hour or so when the sim activated so I could sort out topping up with call credit, I never went back. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Still have a spare voucher in cork as otterboy never responded to my message Gone to otterboy

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

matrixf wrote: »
    Still have a spare voucher in cork as otterboy never responded to my message

Would appreciate this if it was going

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

I have a voucher. First to pm me can have it.

Voucher gone

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

@matrixf i didn't get message..... Sorry

tharmor wrote: »
    Excepting and not accepting......

not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

flutered wrote: »
    not

oh dear :P

Quackster wrote: »

can this be put in the fon in 6 weeks time, or has it to be put in the fone today

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

So we've decided to get this and put away for child for Cmas. Last minute of course. Have someone keeping a voucher for us but is tomorrow the last day or is Tuesday? Where's best to get a free SIM from other network? Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

flutered wrote: »
    can this be put in the fon in 6 weeks time, or has it to be put in the fone today

Bought the phone credit and some other things with a Lidl voucher no probs! Top-up can be applied any time until voucher expiry (12 months I think) and you will get the €40 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

Hi , can i please ask for help, i got this phone today but first i had to get a tesco sim card, gave the guy in the shop the tesco number and had no problems at the vodafone shop, but im at home now and cant get the phone to work, any ideas what im doing wrong ? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Keithmc40 wrote: »
    Hi , can i please ask for help, i got this phone today but first i had to get a tesco sim card, gave the guy in the shop the tesco number and had no problems at the vodafone shop, but im at home now and cant get the phone to work, any ideas what im doing wrong ? TIA
    Are you using the Vodafone sim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Keithmc40 wrote:

u have to insert vodafone SIM...

I have the vodafone sim in it

Does it matter that the tesco sim was never used ?

barneyrub wrote: »
    So we've decided to get this and put away for child for Cmas. Last minute of course. Have someone keeping a voucher for us but is tomorrow the last day or is Tuesday? Where's best to get a free SIM from other network? Thanks
    Anyone know? Tia

It ends on the 15th

Keithmc40 wrote: »
    It ends on the 15th
    Thank you.

Where's best/easiest to get a free sim at this stage?

€2.50 sim in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Think I will pick this up tomorrow have the voucher thought it wasn't up for another week. Have a tesco sim never used do the shop ring this and will I be able to just buy phone with no credit ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I am also hoping to pick one up today, from what I've read on this thread so far the porting number doesn't need to be topped up beforehand and you don't need to buy credit in store.

The only problem I now have is whether the expiration date is today or yesterday as the t&cs on the Vodafone site state before 15th September.

Advertisement