Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart 4 Turbo smartphone - €29.99 in Dunnes Stores mailing offers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Stinicker wrote: »
    How can a mobile locked to Vodafone be considered a bargain alert? Vodafone are the most expensive Irish operator and give the least for the highest prices! I'd consider a more expensive phone on a different network as you'll save it over the lifetime of the phone compared to this from Vodafone.

Depends on your usage. What other network gives you Spotify Premium for only a fiver a month?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Stinicker wrote: »
    How can a mobile locked to Vodafone be considered a bargain alert? Vodafone are the most expensive Irish operator and give the least for the highest prices! I'd consider a more expensive phone on a different network as you'll save it over the lifetime of the phone compared to this from Vodafone.

The phone is 50Euro less with the voucher, so its a "bargain" or at least worth a thread in BA.

Vodafone has the best coverage for people in certain areas, so it may not be the best network for you but it is for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Vodafone in terms of service and quality are by far the best - Meteor are probably the worst. People just go with them because they're cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭54and56

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Vodafone in terms of service and quality are by far the best - Meteor are probably the worst. People just go with them because they're cheap.

Exactly. Price does not = Value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Can I get a voucher please. Never had a smart phone before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

jaymcg91 wrote:
    Vodafone in terms of service and quality are by far the best

I wouldn't say they are any better or worse than any other network..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Techmaster wrote: »
    In fairness its been stated three times on the thread already. Unlock codes can be obtained from VF directly or SigmaKey.

What's Sigmakey, if you don't mind me asking, thanks.
    guil wrote: »
    Depending on the store, some will insist that they can ring the number you are porting and that you have it in a phone with you to show them when they ring.

Yeah, i've had that experience when getting 2 phones in local store, they can be picky, worse still i worked with the person :(
    Because you can get it unlocked. And for free if you know someone on billpay with Vodafone.

I know someone on VF billpay, how would they go about doing that? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I know someone on VF billpay, how would they go about doing that? thanks.

https://nac.vodafone.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Thanks, hopefully they won't have a problem getting it, as i've emailed the same deal to the person who's on it, but do they need to have the phone or just give the no, as they don't live near me!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

Thanks, hopefully they won't have a problem getting it, as i've emailed the same deal to the person who's on it, but do they need to have the phone or just give the no, as they don't live near me!

Thanks.

All they need is the imei and the make and model. The rest of the details apply to them so they will get a text or email with the unlock code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can transfer the €20 credit I got with the phone (new sim) to my existing PAYG Vodafone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can transfer the €20 credit I got with the phone (new sim) to my existing PAYG Vodafone number?

You could probably do an 'iou buddy' from your existing number to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

About getting these unlocked. How reliable are Vodafone at dishing out the codes? Have seen it said elsewhere that many requests go ignored.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Where did the unlock by rooting source come from on this phone? Ive never heard of rooting making a phone unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Tinie wrote: »
    Where did the unlock by rooting source come from on this phone? Ive never heard of rooting making a phone unlocked.

It wasn't rooting, it was using SigmaKey. Wrong choice of words, apologies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

It wasn't rooting, it was using SigmaKey. Wrong choice of words, apologies.

Oh i've never heard of this. is sigmakey some service where you pay a fee and send them your IMEI etc. and they send back the unlock code and instructions or what's the story with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Do you have to give name and details when porting your number?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Exactly. Price does not = Value.

I've had better customer service from Tesco Mobile than I got on a Vodafone business plan. Paying more doesn't guarantee anything.

Although I do agree that Meteor are absolutely the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bindzzz

Can I have the spare code please

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kavs91

30 Quid might just have to grab one be a perfect beginner smartphone for my parents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Got mine yesterday, vodafone worker tried to state that the 20 euro credit had to be bought with the phone but no where in the terms and conditions does it say that so if you are going to get it unlocked then there is no reason to buy credit.

Also the unlock request for vodafone is acting up so you need to request it through their live chat system for the moment.

rejkin wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday, vodafone worker tried to state that the 20 euro credit had to be bought with the phone but no where in the terms and conditions does it say that so if you are going to get it unlocked then there is no reason to buy credit.

Also the unlock request for vodafone is acting up so you need to request it through their live chat system for the moment.

Surely they wont unlock it straight away?

No,they just manually send the IMEI number in since the website wont process it. It will still take up to 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

rejkin wrote:
    No,they just manually send the IMEI number in since the website wont process it. It will still take up to 5 working days.

On their website it says you have to have topped up by a minimum of 127e in 6 months in order to request an unlock code...??

I mean they won't unlock a phone you just bought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

rejkin wrote:

how much they charge ?

Unlock code with vodafone is free for someone on bill more than a year or something like that or has bought 127 euro in credit on pay as you go. I havent really looked into other unlocking places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Slight tangent.
    Has everyone gotten their ValuClub mailing.
    Been waiting on ours since I saw this alert. Only time I can remember checking for the post every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Slight tangent.
    Has everyone gotten their ValuClub mailing.
    Been waiting on ours since I saw this alert. Only time I can remember checking for the post every evening.

Waiting for mine too. Rang today and they had a recorded message apologising to their customers still waiting for the autumn mailing. It said everybody should have them by tomorrow, Thursday 27/08, at the latest.

We'll see!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Waiting for mine too. Rang today and they had a recorded message apologising to their customers still waiting for the autumn mailing. It said everybody should have them by tomorrow, Thursday 27/08, at the latest.

We'll see!

Apparently they hand them all over to An Post in one go but An Post split them up into batches to spread the load over two weeks. Yours could come one day but your next-door-neighbour mightn't get theirs for another week.

Advertisement