Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Power Bank EUR 16.90

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Even cheaper from Xiaomishop.com which is pretty much the go to company for Xiaomi in Europe. I'd nearly guarantee these guys have the legit thing

http://www.xiaomishop.com/88-original-xiaomi-5200mah-mobile-external-power-bank-charger-for-mobile-phones.html

Bought my own phone from them

Thats the chunky model without the led lamp. That version is $14.49 on banggood http://www.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5V-1_5A-5200mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-923639.html
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    $19 shipping? Nah, yer grand!

You can select $9 shipping on checkout, it still comes from china though so whats the feckin point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

moodrater wrote: »
    Thats the chunky model without the led lamp. That version is $14.49 on banggood http://www.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5V-1_5A-5200mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-923639.html

You can select $9 shipping on checkout, it still comes from china though so whats the feckin point.
    $19 shipping? Nah, yer grand!

http://www.xiaomishop.com/174-original-xiaomi-5000mah-power-bank.html

There's the ultra, same price. Of course I realise now there's no free shipping :o Still if you want it fast those guys are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

Harvey Norman selling a TP-Link 10400mah for €29.99, pretty good value. Not a sale price either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Just a question for people who have received the power pack. I'm charging an iphone 4 with the apple USB cable and it takes 10 mins for 4% increase in battery power. Which seems very slow to me. Just wondering if it's just my phone (being quite old), are others as slow? . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

eglobal central have these for €9.99. Very good for the price. May get caught by customs though but I didn't when I ordered..

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-5000mah-powerbank-silver.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Good product. Thanks OP good BA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Trilla90 wrote: »
    eglobal central have these for €9.99. Very good for the price. May get caught by customs though but I didn't when I ordered..

No customs on items that cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Where does the eglobal one ship from? China or the EU warehouse? Never bought from them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Trilla90 wrote: »

€20 delivery :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Where does the eglobal one ship from? China or the EU warehouse? Never bought from them before.

Good boards thread on them here. Seem to be pretty good and its free shipping if you spend €50 or over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

NATLOR wrote: »
    €20 delivery :eek:

Oh i ordered a phone too so i got free delivery. Worth it if you happen to be buying something else from there

Received my powerbank from Aliexpress today. 10 dollars and free shipping.

Will test out at weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Ordered one of these last night. The solar option is interesting although I'd imagine it takes a while to charge that way! Still, ~$16 for 30000mAh seems good value and reviews are decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

blastman wrote: »
    Ordered one of these last night. The solar option is interesting although I'd imagine it takes a while to charge that way! Still, ~$16 for 30000mAh seems good value and reviews are decent.

Just be careful it doesn't set your house on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

blastman wrote: »

Thanks, looks interesting and worth a go, I've ordered one.

I've a 10000mAh power bank that powers a raspberry pi nicely.
    I haven't given it a proper power test, but a easily a few hours, that's with a WiFi and bluetooth adapter.

That solar powered one sounds interesting.
    Even just to get the battery alive via a trickle charge from solar.
    Hope it can be charged via a cable too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I was wondering about that, but on one of the pics of it, there's a microUSB connector marked "5V in" so I'm presuming a phone charger will do the job alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thanks, looks interesting and worth a go, I've ordered one.

I've a 10000mAh power bank that powers a raspberry pi nicely.
    I haven't given it a proper power test, but a easily a few hours, that's with a WiFi and bluetooth adapter.

Let us know how you get on, I'm doubting the capacity at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

nc6000 wrote: »

Looks good based on the reviews. Although still takes a long time to charge in solar understandably

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Has anyone received theirs from Banggood yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I have bought one or two versions of these and out of the box they worked just fine,however after a few weeks it started to lose its charge and not charge the phone at all for a finish

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Generic powerbanks or these Xaoimi ones? Where did you buy from?

I have bought one or two versions of these and out of the box they worked just fine,however after a few weeks it started to lose its charge and not charge the phone at all for a finish

Are you talking about xiaomi or just power banks in general. A lot of the xiaomi ones are fake. The one I got from banggood ticked all the boxes for genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just bumping this thread to get some feedback from Boardsie's who bought the Power Bank that was in the OP. Is it decent or does it go crap after a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Just bumping this thread to get some feedback from Boardsie's who bought the Power Bank that was in the OP. Is it decent or does it go crap after a few weeks?

I got this and it works great, if not a little bulky

http://www.gearbest.com/mobile-power-bank/pp_1045.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I ordered 5 of the slim Xiaomi power bank from BG
    (A few for myself and family members).
    All working fine. I ordered a couple more last weekend as my friend wants them for ecig charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Has anyone received theirs from Banggood yet?

Ordered on 06/02 and not received yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I ordered 5 of the slim Xiaomi power bank from BG
    (A few for myself and family members).
    All working fine. I ordered a couple more last weekend as my friend wants them for ecig charging.

Link? Chinese or EU warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

shuvly wrote: »
    Ordered on 06/02 and not received yet.

Other people who ordered, how long did yours take to arrive?

• Advertisement

Other people who ordered, how long did yours take to arrive?

Ordered 20/01 arrived 06/02

Chinese new year probably added 2-3 weeks for people.

Advertisement