Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Power Bank EUR 16.90

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Would you recommend the above? Heading to the States in a month and would like to have something to charge on the go. If you do, which would you think would be the better call - have an iPhone 5S.

Cheers

Yep, I would.
    The 10000mAh is a bit bulkier, it's pocketable, but is more suited to a jacket pocket.
    The 5000mAh is a lot thinner.

The size of the 10400mAh on the left (Slightly smaller than the new 10000mAh), compared to the 16000mAh
    http://assets.hardwarezone.com/img/2014/12/Mi-10400-and-16000mAh-power-banks.jpg

and the 5000mAh
    https://ecs3.tokopedia.net/newimg/product-1/2014/12/23/7571695/7571695_a59c1bfc-8abc-11e4-b1ce-a2b84908a8c2.jpg

It's up to you. They are both excellent, but it depends on whether or not you want to carry it around walking a lot, or have on a bus/travelling etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

@ GY A1

Have you not bought one yet?? :)

GY A1 wrote: »

It's be quite big, and doesn't seem to have anybody taking responsibility for manufacturing it.

- Found it

It's £9.03 on amazon

First two reviews are terrible.
    7 of 7 people found the following review helpfulSUBSTANDARD PRODUCT. DEFECTIVE. FAULTY. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
    By Mr. R. G. Mccomish on 21 Jan. 2015
    Colour Name: Black-50000mAh Verified Purchase SUBSTANDARD PRODUCT. FAULTY. DEFECTIVE AND NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. EPCTEK (Trademarket) have offered a paltry £4 compensation for a £16.99 purchase. BEWARE PEOPLE . This firm are a bunch of charlatans.....They know that these items are used in emergencies and when you need to use them the batteries have developed either a memory block, or the batteries are the poorest ever supplied. The powerbank will work only once or twice and never charge up again. I have had the unit for approx 7 months and when questioned their response from Joey was well give you £3 now go away! Not a bad return for £17 of my money. They know these products are substandard
    avoid any epctek product and avoid Trademarket. They will rip you off and not give a jot about UK Trading Standards.
    5 of 6 people found the following review helpfulDoesnt do what it says on the tin!
    By fiona keeble on 30 April 2014
    Colour Name: Black1 Verified Purchase Item is bigger than expected and quite heavy, but I don't mind that. I wouldn't carry it around on a daily basis. However it doesn't old a great deal of charge. Just about charges my iphone 5 once. VERY disappointed.

@ GY A1

Have you not bought one yet?? :)

Not yet lol
    Goin order the 10000 new one Above that ally all recommended

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    It's be quite big, and doesn't seem to have anybody taking responsibility for manufacturing it.

- Found it

It's £9.03 on amazon

First two reviews are terrible.

Thanks will go for the new one u tagged above
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Mine came today. Nice bit of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The new model 10000 mah from xiaomi is much smaller than the older 10400 mah model, closer in size to the 5000 mah model.

Bangood have it on special, claiming 44% off. It's legit xiami gear.
    http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5_1V-2_1A-10000mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-977406.html
    Coming in at just over USD 13 today shipped.

The new model 10000 mah from xiaomi is much smaller than the older 10400 mah model, closer in size to the 5000 mah model.

http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5_1V-2_1A-10000mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-977406.html

It's quite a bit smaller.. I hadn't realised, I knew it was 'longer' and guessed slimmer..

It's still no where near as portable as the 5000 mah. I really like how slim the 5000 model is and makes it easy to stick in an inside pocket in a jacket. Surprised they didn't stick in an extra USB out on the new large model to allow dual charging. Still its excellent value especially if the usual quality from Xiaomi. (Much better than buying via someone bulk ordering cheap gear on Ali and flogging via daily deal sites!).

• Advertisement

It's still no where near as portable as the 5000 mah. I really like how slim the 5000 model is and makes it easy to stick in an inside pocket in a jacket. Surprised they didn't stick in an extra USB out on the new large model to allow dual charging. Still its excellent value especially if the usual quality from Xiaomi. (Much better than buying via someone bulk ordering cheap gear on Ali and flogging via daily deal sites!).

For 3 times the price and saying it's because they're Irish/they're saving you the hassle... :rolleyes:

Now guys which is better or quicker for delivery bang good or all buy
    Thanks 😀

GY A1 wrote: »
    Now guys which is better or quicker for delivery bang good or all buy
    Thanks 😀
    They are probably equal.

Sometimes the post can be quick, sometimes nearly 3 weeks..

But if you're referring to these, then for now anyway, I'd go with Allbuy.

If for no other reason than...........

Banggood have none in stock until the 21st of June.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Anyone that buy this able to track it? Purchases it about 10 days ago and if j try to track via the Allbuy app, I just get:

Carrier:Singapore Post
    State:AttemptFail

And then it says there's no shipping information available. But Allbuy have said its been shipped. Tried on the Singapore Post website too, but to no avail!

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Anyone that buy this able to track it? Purchases it about 10 days ago and if j try to track via the Allbuy app, I just get:

Carrier:Singapore Post
    State:AttemptFail

And then it says there's no shipping information available. But Allbuy have said its been shipped. Tried on the Singapore Post website too, but to no avail!
    I think the tracking option is only available if they use Sweden or Netherland post.
    Or possibly if yoiu pay the €1 extra.
    I paid the extra once, a day before another purchase, and the non-paid items arrived first.

My 5000mAh arrived two days ago, and 10,000mAh arrived today. All posted on the same day. LED lights for them arrived different days beginning last week.
    Everything was ordered on the 4th of June, so 22 days for the final items.
    Which is the longest i've waited since I have started using them.
    Obviously Europe/holidays/popularity of website & items, should be taken into account.

That said, the 10,000mAh is well worth getting, very portable, and a lot smaller than the (what now seems) clunky 104000mAh. :)

(My items were no longer trackable from about a week - 10 days ago. In Netherlands station.)

I think the tracking option is only available if they use Sweden or Netherland post.
    Or possibly if yoiu pay the €1 extra.
    I paid the extra once, a day before another purchase, and the non-paid items arrived first.

My 5000mAh arrived two days ago, and 10,000mAh arrived today. All posted on the same day. LED lights for them arrived different days beginning last week.
    Everything was ordered on the 4th of June, so 22 days for the final items.
    Which is the longest i've waited since I have started using them.
    Obviously Europe/holidays/popularity of website & items, should be taken into account.

That said, the 10,000mAh is well worth getting, very portable, and a lot smaller than the (what now seems) clunky 104000mAh. :)

(My items were no longer trackable from about a week - 10 days ago. In Netherlands station.)

Perfect, I'll just sit tight and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

My 100000 just arrived today, nice quality feel to it.

Instructions are all Chinese. Does it auto power off? When charging, if I left it connected to the phone all night, will it waste more of its power than if I switch it off once the phone gets to 100%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Is ordering from pretty much Banggood guaranteed to be a legit Xiaomi powerbank?

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Is ordering from pretty much Banggood guaranteed to be a legit Xiaomi powerbank?

I've ordered several without any issues nor have I read of any.
    Like all Asian sellers make sure it states original xiaomi and not something like 'xiaomi style' in the product title.

Took delivery of an order from BG today which I placed on June 4th in case anyone is looking for an idea in shipping times.

I've ordered several without any issues nor have I read of any.
    Like all Asian sellers make sure it states original xiaomi and not something like 'xiaomi style' in the product title.

Great stuff - will order now - thanks.

• Advertisement

Ordered a 5000 & 10000 two weeks ago today and it just arrived, can't argue with those delivery times.

Thought the 5000 would be a bit smaller, very slim though. The 10000 is much smaller in length but maybe 3 times the width.

Both look fairly slick though and well made. Will report back when I've used them a few times.

an extra 10000mah arrived today... :D
    Didn't ask for it, didn't pay for it.. :D:D

an extra 10000mah arrived today... :D
    Didn't ask for it, didn't pay for it.. :D:D

Lucky u lol

reply from allbuy

Dear customer,

We are very sorry to inform you that, there was a batch of orders accidentally lost by our logistics carriers. If your package is one of those, please kindly be more patient to wait. Until Now we've already arranged reshipment in priority by special shipping channels on July 8th.

In addition, we have started to cooperate with more professional shipping companies to enhance our delivery efficiency in the future.

Sorry again for so much inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Allbuy Team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

My 5000 arrived this morning. \o/

Shipped on the 27th of June so 17 days!

My 10000 arrived today too - ordered on 26th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

whats average charge time for the 10000?

zweton wrote: »
    whats average charge time for the 10000?

I haven't charged the 10000mAh, but the 10400mAh is long, I leave it in overnight. I'd imagine the 10000mAh is roughly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

how many devices will the 10400 charge? has it the potential to charge your iphone 2/3 times a day if needed?

• Advertisement

zweton wrote: »
    how many devices will the 10400 charge? has it the potential to charge your iphone 2/3 times a day if needed?

10400mAh
    2.5 Charges of the Mi 3/Asus Zenfone 2
    4.5 Charges of the iPhone 5S
    1.5 Charges of the iPad Mini

10000mAh
    2.1 Charges Xiaomi Note
    2 Charges Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    3.5 Charges iPhone 6
    1 Charge iPad

Advertisement