Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media Broadband - Price Increase - Break Contract

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Was really surprised to get a text from Vodafone today with a code for my free Google Home hub. Posters on here thought they had run out a few days after black Friday but I signed up at least a week later. My only regret is not leaving Virgin sooner, am very happy with Vodafone so far and saving a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Anyone else speeds gone to crap?

Had engineer out, changed box on wall, still barely 170 or so

Got onto support on messenger, oh packet loss in some fancy talk, another engineer visit

Same engineer calls on phone, basically said no point coming again, wait it out as network issue

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

This is the deal I’m hoping to get. I’ve just cancelled and now we play the waiting game!!

The waiting game paid off :-)

Just got a call from VM loyalty team. €30.00 for 9 months and €60.00 for the last 3 months. 250mb BB

Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 7 beta_mutt

Just got a call from VM loyalty team. €30.00 for 9 months and €60.00 for the last 3 months. 250mb BB

That's great. Well done. What speeds are you able to get through your phone line with Eir, etc? This seemed to be a factor in the discount VM offered me last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

beta_mutt wrote: »
    That's great. Well done. What speeds are you able to get through your phone line with Eir, etc? This seemed to be a factor in the discount VM offered me last time.

Thank you. Regarding the Eir speeds - I have no idea as I have always been with VM. I think the max speed I can get with other providers at my address (Dublin 7) is 100mb (what this translates to in actual download speed again I have no idea).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Thank you. Regarding the Eir speeds - I have no idea as I have always been with VM. I think the max speed I can get with other providers at my address (Dublin 7) is 100mb (what this translates to in actual download speed again I have no idea).

To get actual download speed divide by 8.
    1 byte = 8 bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Happy Days

I hope that they ring me as well :)

I haven’t heard anything since giving them my notice on the 20th of December.

I’ll stay on with an offer like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

j4vier wrote: »
    I hope that they ring me as well :)

I haven’t heard anything since giving them my notice on the 20th of December.

I’ll stay on with an offer like that

Gave my notice 3rd December for 6th Jan. Heard nothing, not even notice to collect equipment. Wouldn't have made a difference anyway as I had signed up with VF, was sick to death of VM. Wonder should I just throw out the equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Mav11 wrote: »
    Gave my notice 3rd December for 6th Jan. Heard nothing, not even notice to collect equipment. Wouldn't have made a difference anyway as I had signed up with VF, was sick to death of VM. Wonder should I just throw out the equipment?

Don't throw it out yet. They will come looking for it. If you don't have it, they will charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭grind gremlin

I cancelled mine via email in Dec as I was waiting forever for an answer on the phone. Bill arrived today for almost €600.
    Spoke to someone on the phone and they’ve amended it as it was a mistake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement