Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-01-2019, 19:12   #31
Pique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picky owner
How does it change the heat setting,if the old dial for adjusting the heat is on the boiler outside,just trying to get my head around it as the timer switch inside just turns it on and off..

That setting on the boiler is the water temp. I've literally never touched that dial since the boiler was installed. The indoor thermostat measures indoor air temp. It will turn on the boiler until the room reaches the preset temp and then turn off the boiler or just that zone.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-01-2019, 20:32   #32
crazyhorse

QUOTE=AdamB;109213729]As far as I know, every home built pre 2006 is eligible for a home heating control grant up to €700 though SEAI. When I asked EI on the phone if having a Climote control installed by them would effect any future application for a grant they were unable to tell me.

Interesting!
I have the Nest on order with EI (not yet installed). I also plan on upgrading boiler in the next couple of years. By availing of this Nest offer, will I be then unable to claim the €700 SEAI "heating controls" grant when I eventually upgrade my boiler?
SEAI might be able to give me an answer

Last edited by crazyhorse; 22-01-2019 at 20:37.
22-01-2019, 20:38   #33
L1011

I don't know if the scheme they're tapping is the same as the SEAI one. SEAI one requires BER certs and Rather A Lot of paperwork; this doesn't.
Thanks from:
22-01-2019, 21:08   #34
LJ3103

Can these be used to heat the water only, I currently can set my time for heat / water or water only

Thanks
22-01-2019, 21:22   #35
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picky owner View Post
Can you get a nest installation,if your oil boiler is outside and you have one of them old push in timer clock inside the house?
Yes. All the time clock does is close a circuit like a switch. This is what NEST does too
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-01-2019, 21:25   #36
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
I don't know if the scheme they're tapping is the same as the SEAI one. SEAI one requires BER certs and Rather A Lot of paperwork; this doesn't.
They’d be using this one:
https://www.seai.ie/energy-in-busine...gation-scheme/
(2) thanks from:
22-01-2019, 21:43   #37
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
Which is likely the one I got some amount of credit off my electricity bill (from Electric Ireland) for the installation of the same controls then they replaced (some of) 15 months later. I would doubt they can go to the pot twice; but the T&Cs for this deal only state that they can use any credits that are available - not that they have to be available.

Two sets of incentives claimed, house is fully lit with LED, kitchen of A+/++ appliances and its a 1970s house retrofitted to C1/B3 level - I don't think they've made much money on me
22-01-2019, 21:50   #38
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
Which is likely the one I got some amount of credit off my electricity bill (from Electric Ireland) for the installation of the same controls then they replaced (some of) 15 months later. I would doubt they can go to the pot twice; but the T&Cs for this deal only state that they can use any credits that are available - not that they have to be available.

Two sets of incentives claimed, house is fully lit with LED, kitchen of A+/++ appliances and its a 1970s house retrofitted to C1/B3 level - I don't think they've made much money on me
I think they work that smart controls save 20% and they take that off the national average household usage. That’s the credit they get.
(2) thanks from:
22-01-2019, 22:09   #39
crazyhorse

Interesting reading. Is the consensus that eligibility to claim €700 SEAI heating control grant in the future is unaffected by having EI install Nest.
Advertisement
22-01-2019, 22:50   #40
byte

Sounds too good to be true, so I went and ordered it anyway

Scheduled for install in February, not sure if they send the Nest and Home Mini to me first, or if installer comes equipped with Nest and Google Home Mini comes seperately, after install is complete.
(3) thanks from:
22-01-2019, 22:53   #41
Soarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi02 View Post
I rang today and this is wat i was told...would 2 different orders work i wonder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scano.ie View Post
I've 2 zones and water so would need 2 but the price goes up to €400 could I just do 2 different orders maybe under different names?
Some people have been known to get three Nests by creating three separate orders using the same details on each order.
22-01-2019, 23:21   #42
torrevieja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogzy View Post
Can anyone else confirm that you dont need to be with Electric Ireland to avail of this because the website explicitly states that the offer is for existing customers or those willing to switch to Electric Ireland.
You don't i already had an argument with electric ireland they didn't even know , got mine today
22-01-2019, 23:30   #43
torrevieja

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte View Post
Sounds too good to be true, so I went and ordered it anyway

Scheduled for install in February, not sure if they send the Nest and Home Mini to me first, or if installer comes equipped with Nest and Google Home Mini comes seperately, after install is complete.
Electrician brings everything on day
(2) thanks from:
22-01-2019, 23:55   #44
bazz26

Guys, quick question for you as I don't know a whole lot about central heating. I'm going to ring EI but forearmed with information first is not a bad idea:

I have an external oil burner with an on/off switch and timer in the kitchen. I have two separate thermostats (one downstairs and one upstairs). The plan would be to replace the heating timer in the kitchen with a nest and eventually replace the two thermostats at a later stage. My question is would the Nest be suitable to replace just the heating timer for the moment or would the timer plus other thermostat zones need replacing all at the same time? I'm not too worried about not being able to control the temperature in the other zones at present through Nest.

For now I really just want to be able to switch the heating on remotely through the Nest app or google home. Is the Nest suitable for this?
23-01-2019, 14:37   #45
godtabh

Quote:
Originally Posted by godtabh View Post
I.m signed up. Waiting 9 months for installation. Was meant to be last week. Now Jan it appears
Got my Hub Controller installed yesterday
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion