Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-12-2018, 15:04   #1
KathleenF

Nest with Electric Ireland

EI currently offering 3rd generation Nest with stand and free Google Home mini for €130 including installation. Don’t have to sign up or be an existing customer. Offer running until January. Just bought mine there.

https://shop.electricireland.ie/prod...est-thermostat
Advertisement
21-12-2018, 16:18   #2
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenF View Post
Don’t have to sign up or be an existing customer.
Think you have to either switch to them or be an existing customer..

Quote:
Offer for new Electric Ireland customers
Switch to us today and include your Nest Learning Thermostat for €130.

Offer for existing Electric Ireland customers
As a loyal Electric Ireland customer you can spread the cost over 12 monthly payments or pay upfront for a Nest alone. You also have the option to include a Nest in with our Smarter Home Comfort Bundle.
21-12-2018, 20:31   #3
KathleenF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post
Think you have to either switch to them or be an existing customer..
You don’t. I’m with Energia.
21-12-2018, 22:42   #4
campo

Ordered mine over a month ago and had them cancel on me 4 times now so be prepared to wait once you make an order
21-12-2018, 23:26   #5
Aquos76

if you have never availed of one of these devices, FOC or discounted from an energy supplier, you might qualify to participate in this trial. They will supply and install their device FOC if you meet their criteria. I didn't as I had purchased a subsidised Climote from EI last year. My brother and sister seem to be eligible thou and are in the process of arranging an installation. Oh and before anyone has a go at me, I am not involved or associated with this company in any way.

https://www.thehubcontroller.com/trial
(5) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-12-2018, 03:02   #6
cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquos76 View Post
if you have never availed of one of these devices, FOC or discounted from an energy supplier, you might qualify to participate in this trial. They will supply and install their device FOC if you meet their criteria. I didn't as I had purchased a subsidised Climote from EI last year. My brother and sister seem to be eligible thou and are in the process of arranging an installation. Oh and before anyone has a go at me, I am not involved or associated with this company in any way.

Anyone done this? Seems like a good bargain.

Also don't understand how EI would set this up without you signing up with them.
22-12-2018, 09:52   #7
godtabh

Quote:

I.m signed up. Waiting 9 months for installation. Was meant to be last week. Now Jan it appears
Thanks from:
22-01-2019, 01:12   #8
v10

Just ordered this today, thanks OP.
22-01-2019, 09:54   #9
whatawaster

I moved to Electric Ireland recently.

Signed up with their 200 cash back offer and then a week later when the account was fully active I availed of the 130 Nest offer.

The guy on the phone advised me to do it this way for the best deal
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-01-2019, 10:06   #10
kungfual

Is this Hub Alexa or Google compatible?

..barely any information on the website
22-01-2019, 10:50   #11
Hogzy

Can anyone else confirm that you dont need to be with Electric Ireland to avail of this because the website explicitly states that the offer is for existing customers or those willing to switch to Electric Ireland.
22-01-2019, 10:55   #12
davo2001

Quote:

Thanks, in the process of buying a house so signed up now.
Thanks from:
22-01-2019, 10:57   #13
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogzy View Post
Can anyone else confirm that you dont need to be with Electric Ireland to avail of this because the website explicitly states that the offer is for existing customers or those willing to switch to Electric Ireland.
Yes, I just ordered using link in first post and I'm a Bord Gais customer !

I couldn't complete order online because I got an error about installation availability but called the phone number given and was able to complete the order over the phone. Installation booked for 2 weeks time.
22-01-2019, 11:16   #14
Hogzy

Just ordered it there over the phone aswell. Jez this seems far too good to be true. Theyre €230 new and I was quoted €150 to install a few months ago.

I dont see the motivation for Electric Ireland to sell this to non customers.

Last edited by Hogzy; 22-01-2019 at 11:25.
22-01-2019, 11:19   #15
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Have a two zone heating system.. and have a Nest downstairs. Should be no issue in putting a second Nest upstairs, right?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion