Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-10-2019, 22:40   #1066
odyssey06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
Have you been migrated to the new system? The issues being complained about only apply to those who are on the new system.
If you're on the new system, webtext on the app will not pull numbers from your contacts and also requires you to pass one of those very annoying recaptchas.
Uh oh. I must be still on old version.
It says I am on version 5.3
odyssey06 is offline  
Advertisement
07-10-2019, 22:52   #1067
RoYoBo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey06 View Post
Uh oh. I must be still on old version.
It says I am on version 5.3
It seems to be a new system rather than the app itself - I can't find the app version I have. I was migrated to the new system without a choice a few weeks back IIRC.

Another example of 'improving' things and making them worse ...
RoYoBo is offline  
(3) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 10:50   #1068
thenightman
Registered User
 
thenightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 136
I topped up by 20 on Sunday and still have Spotify premium, even though I got the text about the X music plan going up to 25e from 28th September.
thenightman is offline  
08-10-2019, 12:15   #1069
autumnalcore
Registered User
 
autumnalcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightman View Post
I topped up by 20 on Sunday and still have Spotify premium, even though I got the text about the X music plan going up to 25e from 28th September.
Have they debited your credit €5 that was my understanding of what would happen.
autumnalcore is offline  
08-10-2019, 12:25   #1070
shanec1928
Registered User
 
shanec1928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,727
Those re the new Spotify sub if you look in the app click on the Vodafone music plan on the main screen and it says for me any way that I have 6 months free then 5er after
shanec1928 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 13:01   #1071
Quackster
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,044
Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnalcore View Post
Have they debited your credit €5 that was my understanding of what would happen.
Correct. As long as you have at least €5 credit balance, you only have to top up by €20. The €5 for Spotify will be deduced from your existing credit.
Quackster is offline  
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 18:16   #1072
Cjs21
Registered User
 
Cjs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 529
Sorry but can’t find this posted anywhere recently so wanted to check with people in the know. Is there a current way to get Vodafone X if you’re not a student or under the age of 25?
Cjs21 is offline  
08-10-2019, 18:23   #1073
Mr.S
Moderator
 
Mr.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjs21 View Post
Sorry but can’t find this posted anywhere recently so wanted to check with people in the know. Is there a current way to get Vodafone X if you’re not a student or under the age of 25?
https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-yo...x-weekend.html

Afaik, they have gotten rid of the age verification system that was in place when signing up online, even though it's mentioned in the T&C's.

They used verify your age via Facebook. (you could, of course, just change your Facebook age!)
Mr.S is offline  
08-10-2019, 21:19   #1074
AndrewJRenko
Registered User
 
AndrewJRenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 8,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjs21 View Post
Sorry but can’t find this posted anywhere recently so wanted to check with people in the know. Is there a current way to get Vodafone X if you’re not a student or under the age of 25?
It would almost certainly be illegal for them to refuse the product on age grounds under anti-discrimination legislation, if anyone fancies taking them on.
AndrewJRenko is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-10-2019, 17:26   #1075
TimeLadsPlease
Registered User
 
TimeLadsPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 81
Just a quick question on this, I'm new to pay as you go so forgive me if it sounds stupid:

When I top up by 20 euro and then use up my 100 minutes call allowance, do I need to top up further to make calls or is the 20 euro now being used to pay for those calls above the allowance?

Thanks in advance for any help.
TimeLadsPlease is offline  
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 18:02   #1076
Slippin Jimmy
Registered User
 
Slippin Jimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLadsPlease View Post
Just a quick question on this, I'm new to pay as you go so forgive me if it sounds stupid:

When I top up by 20 euro and then use up my 100 minutes call allowance, do I need to top up further to make calls or is the 20 euro now being used to pay for those calls above the allowance?

Thanks in advance for any help.
The €20 is used for the bundle. You would need to top up again or buy an add on.
Slippin Jimmy is offline  
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 19:38   #1077
Kalyke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 929
They blocked me from using the SIM in a dongle recently.The only way I could use the dongle was to come off the Weekend X plan. Not happy.
Kalyke is offline  
16-10-2019, 23:13   #1078
EnzoScifo
Registered User
 
EnzoScifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 187
The gomo deal of 9.99 per month for calls, text and 80gb data + getting your own spotify premium account is looking like a better deal.
EnzoScifo is offline  
Thanks from:
16-10-2019, 23:20   #1079
CoBo55
Registered User
 
CoBo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 887
My verification text from the credit union still hasn't arrived, very annoying. If this keeps up I'll have to change provider, only topped up on Sunday
Is everyone else still having this problem? Mine is a 087 number.
CoBo55 is offline  
17-10-2019, 07:29   #1080
Rock Paper Scissors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBo55 View Post
My verification text from the credit union still hasn't arrived, very annoying. If this keeps up I'll have to change provider, only topped up on Sunday
Is everyone else still having this problem? Mine is a 087 number.
Yeah this has been going on for about 2 weeks now.
Rock Paper Scissors is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet