Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Hello Doorbell Install

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crowirl

2011 wrote: »
    As an electrical engineer and qualified electrician my advice would be that you shouldn’t work on a distribution board unless you know exactly what you are doing. Apart from the shock risk fiddling about can result in the board becoming a fire hazard. No offense intended.

As a civil engineer I agree (•‿•) when I realised the smoke alarms were on same trafo/circuit I've decided not to do myself. Have an electrician already booked in for this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Just installed one for my brother and it worked for about 10mins and then went dead. Reset it and again it went dead after 10mins.

I swapped out the old transformer and wired up the 24V transformer, I removed his chime as when it was in place it was giving a yellow light during setup which indicates low power.

When I took the chime out I just clicked in the black and red wires into the little clips that came with the Nest Hello. I don’t have any connected to the Chime at all anymore. Any ideas what could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭micks_address

digiman wrote: »
    Just installed one for my brother and it worked for about 10mins and then went dead. Reset it and again it went dead after 10mins.

I swapped out the old transformer and wired up the 24V transformer, I removed his chime as when it was in place it was giving a yellow light during setup which indicates low power.

When I took the chime out I just clicked in the black and red wires into the little clips that came with the Nest Hello. I don’t have any connected to the Chime at all anymore. Any ideas what could be wrong?

When you installed did you put the wired connector in the chime? Was the existing bell working fine?

When you say it went dead do you mean no power or drops off WiFi?

When you installed did you put the wired connector in the chime? Was the existing bell working fine?

When you say it went dead do you mean no power or drops off WiFi?

The old chime is completely disconnected now. The hello has now power at all now, it won’t even make a noise when you press the button and it has no lights on it anymore.

It is wired like the bottom picture

dfjTJK0Q5Mb4AerSqbIV3y4rM3hWdaLTf-ROWm7cyQvs67mVig3qIXZODaWaAcs-jAfeKpKwO-1fNfFkZpiXy6TF00N2-QIaD94EKTHxuPzAteiJJ5joObV0RUa8pcVN-mdsJWDl

Didn’t have a voltmeter with me, going to go back again and check what I’m reading at the doorbell to see if it’s low.

digiman wrote: »
    The old chime is completely disconnected now. The hello has now power at all now, it won’t even make a noise when you press the button and it has no lights on it anymore.

It is wired like the bottom picture

dfjTJK0Q5Mb4AerSqbIV3y4rM3hWdaLTf-ROWm7cyQvs67mVig3qIXZODaWaAcs-jAfeKpKwO-1fNfFkZpiXy6TF00N2-QIaD94EKTHxuPzAteiJJ5joObV0RUa8pcVN-mdsJWDl

Didn’t have a voltmeter with me, going to go back again and check what I’m reading at the doorbell to see if it’s low.

Voltage check should help. Any chance to much power was going to the nest and blew it? Could be just unlucky to that it's faulty

• Advertisement

Was getting only 10V at the nest hello but was getting 24V at the chime connector so I just mated the original chime red and black wires together and wrapped in electrical tape and it’s working perfectly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Anyone have an issue with the indoor chime not coming back on after a Quiet Time? I’ve only noticed it in the last week or so.

I’ve reinstalled the app, updated iOS and restarted the bell but no joy. I think google support’s next step will just be a factory reset.

nialldinho wrote: »
    Anyone have an issue with the indoor chime not coming back on after a Quiet Time? I’ve only noticed it in the last week or so.

I’ve reinstalled the app, updated iOS and restarted the bell but no joy. I think google support’s next step will just be a factory reset.

Check and see if your nest hub is not on do not disturb...if you have one

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Check and see if your nest hub is not on do not disturb...if you have one

Thanks I have a few google minis and a google home but no hub. None of them have do not disturb enabled

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think I'm going mad, got a new phone this week and I've lost the preview in the notification are of the phone when someone rings the door bell, used to be handy to be able to drag down to see who it was rather than having to open the app, any ideas how to get it back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Changing over to a Ubiquiti doorbell soon so I'll have my nest Hello doorbell up for sale, what's it worth second hand? I see they are 280 new, 200?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

anybody got what appears to me a film (not th protective one) peeling from the front of their camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Nest Hub on sale in the Google Store for under 60 euros if anybody is interested

Anybody use the Hub on here .... Does the video appear on the Hub in good time when the doorbell rings?

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Nest Hub on sale in the Google Store for under 60 euros if anybody is interested

Anybody use the Hub on here .... Does the video appear on the Hub in good time when the doorbell rings?

Yes, it's pretty quick and seemless to be honest. A nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Nedved85 wrote: »

Worth 60 euros?

I already have 2 Google Homes paired in the kitchen :D

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Worth 60 euros?

I already have 2 Google Homes paired in the kitchen :D

Yeah, at 60 it's worth it if you have a doorbell. It's also a nice photo frame.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Except that sometimes it’s announcements just stop working and it takes a very long time to get them works again. This has happened me a few times. I haven’t been able to get it working again since it stopped working last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah, at 60 it's worth it if you have a doorbell. It's also a nice photo frame.

Also makes a nice gift for parents. I set one up in the kitchen for my mine along with a shared Google Photos album that we all (siblings, parents and I) drop photos into. Synced to the one in my house too.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pete4pool

Hi, I installed the nest hello a few weeks back, been working fine. But took me a while to find a chime that should work with it. Wired it up today and chime didn't work. Nest still working. I have the same setup as this -> https://support.google.com/googlenest/thread/21542536?hl=en but with a 12v transformer. I need to source a multimeter to measure the voltage. But anyone actually get a chime working from a 12v input? Only thing I can think of now is to change the transformer to 14 or 16v
    Please don't reply saying I can use a google home as a chime, I know I can.

Mod note: Post deleted. No linking to advertisements please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Finally bit the bullet and got the Nest Hello, working well so far, i had an easy installation as the correct transformer was installed,just had to swap the wire for 24v output,im not bothered by the existing chime and use the Nest Hub max display,google home original and 2 minis for alerts, id love if there was some linking with philips hue to flash or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Does this seem too good to be true? Nest Hello for €180. I know people have reservations about eglobal, anyone happen to get their Hello from there.

OU812 wrote: »
    anybody got what appears to me a film (not th protective one) peeling from the front of their camera?

Noticed mine peeling a bit to...did you raise with Google?

Noticed mine peeling a bit to...did you raise with Google?

Have raised it with them and they said they’d replace it, for a ticket number but so far haven’t heard anything from them.

Had to send them photos of it

OU812 wrote: »
    Have raised it with them and they said they’d replace it, for a ticket number but so far haven’t heard anything from them.

Had to send them photos of it

Really? Where did you raise the ticket? I have the same issue. I'm selling mine, but it may as well be a new one I'm selling if possible.

Really? Where did you raise the ticket? I have the same issue. I'm selling mine, but it may as well be a new one I'm selling if possible.

Got onto nest support chat

Anyone having issues with hello dropping offline? Last day or two mine has gone offline few times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Anyone having issues with hello dropping offline? Last day or two mine has gone offline few times
    No problems. Some local WiFi issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Mine has been slow due to local Virgin Media issues but has managed to stay online.

• Advertisement

No problems. Some local WiFi issues?

Don't know...have rebooted etc..so not sure

Advertisement